why are rappers in general so horrible on stage? how can we improve this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
rappers think yelling the words to the song as loud as possible = better

also, "hype men" ruin performances IMO

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Because they need to PREPARE for a show. They think people love their music so much that they will also enjoy watching them stand around on stage with 90 of their drunken 'hype men' screaming over their lyrics.

Watch Tech N9ne to see how it's done.

Dec 29, 2008
Artist can improve this by actually performing there lyrics and not rap over there cd.
Yeah i agree with this fools need to learn what a SHOW CD is. Im not calling anyone out but i seen so many acts perform over the cd that already has lyrics and it's a waste of the audience's time. I've even seen one act fucking lip sync his performance.

Throw some accapella shit into your performance or something. You gotta show people you can really perform and control the crowd.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Andre Nickatina puts on a great show.....And so did Mac Dre....When Dre was fresh out Little Bruce had a record Release party in Petaluma i think it was.....Mac Dre was performing songs from Rapper Gone Bad before the CD had dropped (if i remember correctly).....But Dre was dancin the whole time and just doin his thing, happy and having hella fun.......That was the best concert ive been 2...AP9 was perfroming..PSD..Coolio the Unda dog...Little Bruce...B Legit was out there.....It was crackin.....

May 9, 2009
like it or not fab puts on great shows...consistently...he doesnt get to much acclaim but ive actually been back stage wit him and he can be tiein his shoe wit 50 grocery bags in his hands but when that beat come on hes droppin errythin because hes that ready....work ethic and preperation...pacin your breathin and words so that you are not screamin...a sound check is very important to if yo shit sound like trash it make you look like trash...a showmix and not sayin "track number 7 bruh" to the sound man...lol...but i wanna hear yalls opinions on this

Nov 2, 2002
Im sorry but if you think Andre Nickatina puts on a great show, youve never seen a great show before. All nickatina does is stand there while someone plays an instrumental track of his song. Just because he actually raps live and doesnt have a hype man doesnt make it a great show.
Go watch some punk or metal bands live and then compare again

Apr 7, 2004
A COO PERFORMANCE TO ME NEEDS ONE HYPMAN TO PICK UP THEM LAST FEW WORDS WHILE YOU CATCH YOUR BREATH.. THATS ALL I EVER REALLY GOT FROM A HYPE MANE. THAT WAS HIS PURPOSE TO ME... A SHOW CD SHOULD HAVE ONE AB LIB AND VERSE WITH NO DOUBLE UP BEING THAT YOUR RAPPING THOSE VERSES YOU WILL BE THE LIVE DUB.

Jan 30, 2004
myspace.com
well ive done hella shows and what ive noticed is voiceovers suck.if u wanna be clear do it live just leave breathing room in ur lyrics also just caused u got 100 ppl on stage hyping u thats also wack.that doesnt make u tight and preperation is also a big thing rehearsal is good to do

Nov 2, 2002
another thing that sucks is the mic level is so high that all you hear is their voice, you can barely hear the beat!