why are rappers in general so horrible on stage? how can we improve this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2008
Post videos of your performance and prove it.
INDECENT...on the real...if you want me to prove how good I am as a performer...why are you asking me to post up a video? Come see me live @ The Quarter Note this Thursday. If you realy a supporter of this hip hop thang. Like I said if I didn't have a show the same night as yours I'd be down @ The Time Out Bar checkin' out your gig. As it stands..."I Am The Greatest." There is NO dispute.

Jan 6, 2003
I saw Yukmouth and Dru Down live a couple of years ago and their gig got all fucked up because they've brough a CDR that skipped LOL. They had to restart 5 on it three times because the beat skipped. then after 20 minutes the show stopped. And yes, they rapped over their vocals. Has to be the wackest show I've ever seen.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
INDECENT...on the real...if you want me to prove how good I am as a performer...why are you asking me to post up a video? Come see me live @ The Quarter Note this Thursday. If you realy a supporter of this hip hop thang. Like I said if I didn't have a show the same night as yours I'd be down @ The Time Out Bar checkin' out your gig. As it stands..."I Am The Greatest." There is NO dispute.
No not the best . How many years you been doing shows ?

NO NO NO - Never say your the best , when your not .

Feb 16, 2009
Fools need to PRACTICE, and when done PRACTICE some more. Look at classic rap cats, how they do it. Here try this: leave the CD's at home and bring a dj.. Yes a dj that will play instrumentals of your songs and you actually rap over them live. Don't perform drunk or high, be clear minded, and respond to the fans. Interact with the fans... leave ALL the homeboys off the stage, the folks came to see you, not your third string water boy. Have props on stage. Live instruments are always good. Work with the soundman, stop the yelling Run DMC aint crackin in 2010... and most importantly... BE CREATIVE.

Mar 18, 2008
Fools need to PRACTICE, and when done PRACTICE some more. Look at classic rap cats, how they do it. Here try this: leave the CD's at home and bring a dj.. Yes a dj that will play instrumentals of your songs and you actually rap over them live. Don't perform drunk or high, be clear minded, and respond to the fans. Interact with the fans... leave ALL the homeboys off the stage, the folks came to see you, not your third string water boy. Have props on stage. Live instruments are always good. Work with the soundman, stop the yelling Run DMC aint crackin in 2010... and most importantly... BE CREATIVE.
Whoever you are you must know me. You hit everything right on the head. I don't drink, I dont bring stupid ass cups up wit me. I have a theme...I learned to win a crowd before I even get on the stage and win long after I have left. For what you just said Ugly Nigga is humbled (this wont last long).

Mar 18, 2008
I got a session that night from 8pm to 3am pimp. Thanx for the invite. If your as great as you say you are then people would be youtubing your shows and talking about how dope your performance is. The only one ive ever heard talking about how dope you are is.......you. I go to alot of shows and im in many circles and the only time your name has came up is on this forum/site and by you. If you dont have any visual tangibles like video then its hard to believe your the best. Even the best have videos you can youtube pimp.
Youtubing a performance for the sake of critique is odd. Hip Hop is live, it is raw. If I wanted to see a performer and check his/her merits I would honor that person by coming out to the show not say put it up on Youtube. Imma catch one of your shows, that's on my agenda. You notice how I say I will come to see your event and how you keep throwing up a "stay away clause"?

"Let me see you on the computer screen and I'll give you my assesment of your show. Let me hear someone else talk about you first then I'll pay attention."

This is the very attitude that dooms hip hop as we know it. If the end is near and the death of hip hop is inevitable; I aint sad...I always perform like it is my last breath.

Feb 7, 2006
outkast puts on a great show. more backpack rappers put on better shows because they attract people who love hip hop first, and they take their cue from the old school who was mostly performing their shit live to get the party crackin. Rap has just become a recording art form now.

Mar 18, 2008
A simple message: "To the whole Bay Area...I will eventualy break free of all this scepticism, it is only so long you can supress what the nation will come to embrace...Ugly Nigga...America loves a rebel...James Dean...I'm that." -Ugly Nigga

Oct 13, 2003
www.myspace.com
How come ya'll awlays bitch, and bitch, and bitch, yet... Go to shows, and shows, and shows... If you can do better, than go on... and perform. Yes, A lot of rapper need work, but then again, your fans of them... What the fuck more do you want? Free Spicy Hot Cheetoh's and a blow job at their shows? Because, that's what I want... So yeah, We're in the same place. It's hard to perform when you suck, how do I know... Because I suck, and I have performed... I opened for MIMS, back when he was hot... And I opened for Clyde Carson... Back when he was hot... And I sucked at both of those shows... Infact... I mooned the crowd...