Who is better? Court Dog, Fat Tone, Rich the Factor, or Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2004
AFTER RICH, AIN'T NOBODY FUCKIN WIT MON-E-G FROM THE SOUTHSIDE POSSE & HUSTLAMADE BUGZY FROM FAM-LEE TREE. THAT'S SOME REAL ASS GANGSTA MUSIC RIGHT THERE. ESPECIALLY MON-E-G, THAT MUFUCKA AIN'T NO PUNK ON THE MIC.

Nov 13, 2004
Well...here we go. I'm sure Ill be called everything under the sun for my opinion but I gotta say Court Dog is killin them all. Why? He got street cred, he can rap, and he's the most marketable. Tech is good but I heard he aint really "of" the hood. Rich got hella street cred but he aint all that good a rapper, and I've never heard Fat Tone but from what I've seen on these forums he's a piece of work to say the least. But like Mac Mall..This is my opinion. Oh yeah and I heard that Mon E G dude go hard too. I know Court Dog distributed his last CD because I saw his album in Court Dogs discograghy.

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
techs been tourin for the last what two years or so maybe longer thats where the artist makes the money! ever since anghellic original its been pretty much non stop touring. the guys gotta have money! besides that a long time ago they said absolute power sold 800 000 copies. so hes gotta have money.. does court sell that many albums?? I mean i dont know thats why I`m askin?

Nov 13, 2004
MID-WEST785 said:
techs been tourin for the last what two years or so maybe longer thats where the artist makes the money! ever since anghellic original its been pretty much non stop touring. the guys gotta have money! besides that a long time ago they said absolute power sold 800 000 copies. so hes gotta have money.. does court sell that many albums?? I mean i dont know thats why I`m askin?
Heeeellllll naw Techs album aint sold no 800,000 copies. Tech is still independent and do you know how RICH Tech would or how famous and a big deal that would be. I mean Soutern rappers like Slim Thug and Lil Flip were selling 100-150,000 underground and that is phenomenal!! But for the record Techs Angelic sold more than Absolute Power but to answer your question..Hell naw Court Dog I'm sure still doest sell anywhere near Tech. I heard Angelic di like 80,000 which is still very very good. I think Court is more like a 15-20,000 guy.

Nov 6, 2004
mafiaqueen said:
Well...here we go. I'm sure Ill be called everything under the sun for my opinion but I gotta say Court Dog is killin them all. Why? He got street cred, he can rap, and he's the most marketable. Tech is good but I heard he aint really "of" the hood. Rich got hella street cred but he aint all that good a rapper, and I've never heard Fat Tone but from what I've seen on these forums he's a piece of work to say the least. But like Mac Mall..This is my opinion. Oh yeah and I heard that Mon E G dude go hard too. I know Court Dog distributed his last CD because I saw his album in Court Dogs discograghy.
i agree with you I think court dog is the best out of all these rappers..I just dont like fat tone..rich the factors music all sounds alike andmost of his cd's only have like 1 good song..tech n9ne use to be good until he became more commercial...tech n9ne can spit fast...im not feeling the red hair and his image...just because a rapper sells a lot of cds and is well known dont make him a good rapper...

Nov 6, 2004
N.Ill-state said:
For yall who don't like Rich the Factor, yall should listen to either Factorism or Big Thyme and yall might change yall minds.
ive heard factorism and didnt like it...but I havent heard big thyme yet..i guess after buying so many of his cds and not likeing any of them I kinda gave up on rich the factor.I think his best song was on AKA buisnessman...the song buisnessman that starts with the intro from "trespass" the movie.

Nov 13, 2004
Jae Reekay said:
I beleive that Tech has sold at least gold on Absolute Power...and maybe close to that on anjHELLic...the re-release...
Are You serious? You really think that? You must be young and dont know the business baby. If Tech sold gold or even near that he would be rich as the fuck not to mention get a helluva Cash Money type deal and he would go down in history as selling the most records ever independently. And most of all his boys Krizz Kalico and Kutt Calhoun would not be working at satin dolls. Sorry to bust your bubble sweatie.

Nov 13, 2004
mizzouplaya said:
its more like 250,000 copies...
Not even sweetie. 250,000?? If Tech has sold that much of one project he could name his price!! Cash Money was selling 100-150,000 of each project thru Southwest Wholesale and got a 30 million dollar deal. I would realistically give Tech 100,000 strong of one project but even that might be pushing it. I worked at Virgin/EMI for a year and trust me those numbers would be considered phenomenal. Do the math, 250,000 x lets say $6 because they do a lotta of co-oping so they gonna lose a dollar or two. 250,000 x 6 =$1,500,000. Now subtract promo cost and manufacturing so lets minus $150,000(high end) that leaves $1,350,000. After taxes Strange may walk away with $900,000. Now Tech and Travis are partners so Tech walk away with close to a half a mil. Now! No disrespect but anybody that knows Tech knows he aint touching a half of mill especially with Kutt and Kriss working jobs to supplement income. Dont get me wrong, Tech aint starving and he eating off shows pretty well but he aint moving 200thou nothing. I'm not knocking him because I love Strange but this is just to educate.

Aug 18, 2002
ACTUALLY.....he's damn close..probably closer than haters give him credit for.

Techs numbers as of June 2004

Latest Soundscan
Absolute Power - 141,244 albums sold
Anghellic - 62,900 albums sold (maybe just the rerelease)

And thats been over six months ago.

Nov 13, 2004
NINE1TREY said:
ACTUALLY.....he's damn close..probably closer than haters give him credit for.

Techs numbers as of June 2004

Latest Soundscan
Absolute Power - 141,244 albums sold
Anghellic - 62,900 albums sold (maybe just the rerelease)

And thats been over six months ago.
Thanks for that. This can stop us all from guessing. Man, thats still pretty immpresive.

Nov 13, 2004
Jae Reekay said:
I aint youre sweetie...and i am in the industry...so fuck off...

Cash Money appeals to the mainstream way more than Tech...so cut the crap about gettin deal...
Sweetie, when I say industry I dont mean you and ya mans recording a lil cd in your bedroom on your computer just to get 1000 cd's pressed up to do consignment with the local liquor stores. Freestyles, ciphers, and opening up for a national act is not the industry. Tech, Court Dog, and Rich could be considered in the industry. You're just a dick rider wanna be and you're a man with a uterus who probably sits when he pisses. And for the record.....TECH APPEALS TO WHITE PEOPLE SO HE DOES APPEAL TO THE MAINSTREAM!!!!!! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE MAINSTREAM CONSIST OF IDIOT? I WISH PEOPLE WOULD QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE MAN. IF METALLICA CAN GO 7X PLATINUM THEN TECH CAN TOO. TECH APPEALS TO THE SAME PEOPLE D-12 APPEAL TO....WHITEFOLKS.

Aug 20, 2004
mafiaqueen said:
Sweetie, when I say industry I dont mean you and ya mans recording a lil cd in your bedroom on your computer just to get 1000 cd's pressed up to do consignment with the local liquor stores. Freestyles, ciphers, and opening up for a national act is not the industry. Tech, Court Dog, and Rich could be considered in the industry. You're just a dick rider wanna be and you're a man with a uterus who probably sits when he pisses. And for the record.....TECH APPEALS TO WHITE PEOPLE SO HE DOES APPEAL TO THE MAINSTREAM!!!!!! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE MAINSTREAM CONSIST OF IDIOT? I WISH PEOPLE WOULD QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE MAN. IF METALLICA CAN GO 7X PLATINUM THEN TECH CAN TOO. TECH APPEALS TO THE SAME PEOPLE D-12 APPEAL TO....WHITEFOLKS.
Im sorry..im glad you know me and my crew...weve dropped the most records in the Northwest PERIOD...far from what you think "sweetie"...And Cash Money did somethin that Tech didnt...obviously...cus they got radio/video and what not...and Tech dont...i dont care if Preident Bush was bumpin Tech in his fuckin heli...so..once again...cut the crap...youre no more of a factor than the next man/woman....

Status
Not open for further replies.