Who does covers for cheap?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 19, 2006
honestly I think you guys are maybe undervaluing your work, unless maybe you're accomplishing this within 5 hours. Not my main thing but it's related enough that people approach me to do some work for them. I've mostly done DVD covers, but I charge 40 an hour just so I don't get tied down into a situation with these people who strive for perfection and consider nothing ever perfect. By giving them a flat price, it lets them badger you for as long as they want so you can end up making less than minimum wage.

Apr 7, 2004
honestly I think you guys are maybe undervaluing your work, unless maybe you're accomplishing this within 5 hours. Not my main thing but it's related enough that people approach me to do some work for them. I've mostly done DVD covers, but I charge 40 an hour just so I don't get tied down into a situation with these people who strive for perfection and consider nothing ever perfect. By giving them a flat price, it lets them badger you for as long as they want so you can end up making less than minimum wage.
If you know you got good work then you shouldn't have no problem. Thomas A.K.A Thirdeye been doing my covers for the past three years and I have had no complaints. Real easy photo shoot or send the photos to him.Tell him what you wont and wala you got your shit looking clean. Maybe your work is just garbage and there not satisfied with garbage. I wouldn't be satisfied with garbage or getting charged 40 an hour for a fucking mixtape cover or album cover. Fuck with third eye he will do you right 1

Jan 19, 2006
If you know you got good work then you shouldn't have no problem. Thomas A.K.A Thirdeye been doing my covers for the past three years and I have had no complaints. Real easy photo shoot or send the photos to him.Tell him what you wont and wala you got your shit looking clean. Maybe your work is just garbage and there not satisfied with garbage. I wouldn't be satisfied with garbage or getting charged 40 an hour for a fucking mixtape cover or album cover. Fuck with third eye he will do you right 1
Well I dont do the exact same thing ( I usually do stuff for architecture firms etc.. The DVD cover just kind of happened by other people asking me to do work), sometimes you just get client who doesnt know what they want. I've never had a client that didn't have return business though so it's not an issue like that. Also I didn't realize he wasn't taking the photos, I can't remember a time where I didn't have to take the photos myself.

I'm not looking for business in any way at all, so dont take it like I'm trying to compete. Third eye is dope as hell and can do a way better job than me on a CD cover any day.

Jan 30, 2005
www.myspace.com
I appreciate all the comments & support

I agree with some of that, there are some that are fuckin up the design game chargin too little. but I dont spend 5 hours on a 2 panel cover, a 6 to 8 panel cover yeah, but those are $600 - $800. I just plug in my vaporizer and bang out a 2 panel in 1.5 - 2 hours at most.