Who can vouch for Spice 1 as a bonafide street cat?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2002
I don't know about his street credentials (they're not too important either 'cause most rappers [even "gangsters"] are actors) but one of my Oakland folks told me Spice 1 was working U.P.S. (or was it FedEx) before he took rapping serious.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Who the fuck gives a shit

Are you planning on asking him to join your gang? Thinking about going into a lucrative drug trafficking scheme with him? Figured the best place to find out his street cred was on an internet forum where the average age is 17? LOL

Sep 24, 2004
Opera, Country Music and Classic films are laced with violence but we never question the credibility of these performers. It's Entertainment homie.

Spice 1, Ice T and even Messy Marv are some of the greatest writers in the West Coast but I wouldnt think for a second that these cats actually lived the tales that they perform. Just like a good flick, if the story line seems plausible and it can presented correctly, Im all ears...

Apr 27, 2005
illmannered666 said:
Who the fuck gives a shit

Are you planning on asking him to join your gang? Thinking about going into a lucrative drug trafficking scheme with him? Figured the best place to find out his street cred was on an internet forum where the average age is 17? LOL
Nah its bay area rap talk and i get pissed off when everybody get to hatin on a real playa, but when they hate on spice i got to ask myself why. and the thing that i knocked spice about is he had the whole world listenin to the bay scene and he coulda put his shit on the map but he just kept it vague wit his stories. i know where im from which is southeast san diego if you come out talkin some false plastic gangsta shit niggas is gon put you on blast. and your people from yo block is gon be like nigga give it up for the turf, unless you aint never had no turf to speak upon. so this dude not only was gangsta 'd out, he was the most gangsta'd out of his era and i be like im feelin his shit this nigga must got praise for the work he put in, but niggas is always like that nigga is a studio gangsta and all that, i mean ii think one person told me he was bout the bizness, ery body else was like he not a factor. i can tell you its some niggas out here that rap that aint what they claim to be, but these niggas dont be talkin bout the killin an shit as much as speezy. shit im 26 so i am seasoned, and its people on here that know what im talkin bout, real mufuckas that live the life they dont think of this as entertainment, its like real talk, real game that you can make money off of. so i wont go back and forth wit somebody who dont understand why it is what it is just try to understand that words are powerful and you gotta have some credibility in this gangsta shit. it aint just young white suburban kids listening to this gangsta shit, its real mufuckas like me who lived the life, been in ICU wit tubes down my throat and had 5 bullets go in me and had death threats and shootouts and high speed chases wit niggas who had a way tighter engine than me, and rumbles an etc. so to yall who want entertainment that cool, me too. but i dont want my ghetto gospel to come from somebody who aint really all the way official. it might be hate, but it might be that some niggas is candy coated for real. i dont know, but im still curious, thats why im glad we can network wit people all over and get those points of view.

Apr 25, 2002
^^ all i know is...take a second to look at the cats thru the years who have been down with spice1....Cbo...one of the most credible in the game...e40/the click...2pac.....rappin 4 tay...jayo felony..thats somebody from your sector..had an album with dude and everything..yukmouth etc etc..the list goes on...if these cats is willin to do multiple projects with this dude...know hes from there area..than callin him fake is like callin all of them fake..cuz it aint just business especially the era spice1 came up in...thats just M.O

spice 1 fan since like 93/94 and im only goin on 22 right now..u do the math..hes a bay legend no matter what an indicidual might think of him..the masses speak louder

Apr 27, 2005
rose town ryda said:
did u really expect to get an answer out of this question?
Why wouldnt I expect to? If you ask me if somebody is certifiable, and I know the bizness, i would put it out there. Now if you dont know anybody that had anything to do with being bossy, then you dont have to respond, but if you wanna put a fake ass rapper on blast, feel free.

Apr 27, 2005
Oh yeah on one of Spice 1's songs he was talking bout when he was a lil kid and him and his mom and big sister first broke away from pops and they was in the cold nights in the projects of Fillmore, so I guess he lived there also.

Apr 27, 2005
SLY said:
This has got too be one of the most ridiculus threads ever made on this website.
Thank you for your opinion, thats what its all about but I wish you would elaborate dont be so cliche with your opinion. I mean I know being from pittsburgh and everything you probably wouldn't know a thing about the street code, putting out bad karma and having it catch up to you and everything, but try for a minute kinda like virtual reality. Its people out here that have died for the shit that people are putting on wax, its people who live breathe eat and shit this music that people rap about. And when somebody like me hear about somebody like Boss, who never did anything she talked about, our certain rappers have ghost writers, its like some milli vanilli shit to me. Now if you come from the soil you feel me. But if its some one like you i dont know some will always just be on the outside lookin in. Its alright tho.

Apr 27, 2005
You know this tells you alot about the times we live in also. We live in a time when our idols are pre-packaged and marketed for the masses. The industry is not for real g's anymore. And certain people are ok wit that. Back in the days with eazy-e and ice cube and all them cats. Niggas was trying to really get at ice cube about all this gang talk and he wasnt from nowhere. i remember when they rushed eazy e at his concert down here back in the day, banked him and everything. But i guess you can do anything these days. aint no foolin me though i'm seperating the tru from the fake at the gate.

Apr 27, 2005
Maybe the northern and southern cali politics and state of mind have alot to do with it as well. Because alot of your rap criteria is based on your name in the streets down here. I know that might be ignorant but cats dont just judge you on how well you say or how many different ways you say you are a killa, you gotta be able to walk with your head up high in the street. i guess like i say you know it or dont

Status
Not open for further replies.