When is KC gonna get off of the Bay nutz???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2006
lol I was talking about indie rap sales
lol..... don't nobody in the hood buy cd's just like mofos in the hood don't go to the movies......

niggaz be sellin RTF cd's w/song lists, covers and remixes that he can't do nothing about..... lol...... that's prob why he just been sticking to the mixtapes the last 7/8 years, cause the local bootleggers are "Sharks" trying to eat off the "Whale".....:classic:

the KC to the Bay marriage is deeper than Rap.......

May 2, 2002
lol..... don't nobody in the hood buy cd's just like mofos in the hood don't go to the movies......

niggaz be sellin RTF cd's w/song lists, covers and remixes that he can't do nothing about..... lol...... that's prob why he just been sticking to the mixtapes the last 7/8 years, cause the local bootleggers are "Sharks" trying to eat off the "Whale".....:classic:

the KC to the Bay marriage is deeper than Rap.......
BOOTLEG! LMFAO

Damn, they doin' Rich dirty like dat? THAT'S FAULTY! I would imagine the MFR catalog takes up quite a bit of space on the racks, which only makes the bootlegging of his and other MFR cds that more baffling. With as big a following as Rich has, you'd think people would at least BUY his cds. SMH

This is another reason the KC rap scene ain't goin' nowhere. All that money the "gritters", "hustlers" and "d-boyz" make, yet they can't shell out $15-$17 for a cd (not familiar with 7th Heaven's cd prices, but that sounds about right). When I bought Roguish Ways in 2002, it came out to be $17 (tax included).

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
OFF TOP U CAN SEE ME AS ARROGANT OR TRUTHFUL...I WONT LOSE ANY SLEEP REGARDLESS BUT WHEN TECH WAS LOCCED IN A BAD DEAL,THE MOB FUCCED WITH HIM AND IT WAS HIS FIRST SENSE OF INDEPENDENCE.WHAT HE HAS DONE AFTER IS HISTORY,BUT 4 U BABIES IM TALKIN THE 90'S AND TECH WAS THE FIRST PERSON 2 TAKE ME 2 KC.I KNOW HIM WELL...AND I NEVER EVER SAID THE BAY PUT HIM ON. NO DISRESPECT,I FUCC WITH KC...BUT IM NOT JUST BABBLIN...I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT.100

Jul 1, 2004
OFF TOP U CAN SEE ME AS ARROGANT OR TRUTHFUL...I WONT LOSE ANY SLEEP REGARDLESS BUT WHEN TECH WAS LOCCED IN A BAD DEAL,THE MOB FUCCED WITH HIM AND IT WAS HIS FIRST SENSE OF INDEPENDENCE.WHAT HE HAS DONE AFTER IS HISTORY,BUT 4 U BABIES IM TALKIN THE 90'S AND TECH WAS THE FIRST PERSON 2 TAKE ME 2 KC.I KNOW HIM WELL...AND I NEVER EVER SAID THE BAY PUT HIM ON. NO DISRESPECT,I FUCC WITH KC...BUT IM NOT JUST BABBLIN...I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT.100

I think if u look at it like it really is....its a positive not a negative.what other region put on and showed love to KC like northern cali? Dont be mad at the cali niggas,be mad at the kc rappers that dont put their own on.i personally love and respect kc cuz its real like many places we travel.we put on tech,ft,and many others.the kc/bay connection is real.dont discredit a good thing.some rappers like me really fucc withthe kc streets.others just follow what we did and get luccy.or run out there and post up when niggas are on they head in cali.real recognizes real.some niggas honestly dont deserve the love yall show.and they are turfhoppers.
PEOPLE DO WHAT U ALLOW THEM 2.
I FUCC WITH KILLA CITY 100%.GG
Contradict yourself much Tay?

Ya'll might have put tech on in the bay area but his success nationwide and internationally IS NOT stemmed from the Bay. Its from hard work, recording QUALITY album after album, touring, being with fans...THATS Tech N9ne and thats how Tech N9ne was "put on". To call it anything else is arrogance or ignorance, take your pick.

Apr 2, 2010
The thing with Tech N9ne is he tried out that west coast 90's cali sound for his first album, and it ended up having limited success. Hes changed his style since then and blown up arguably with the help of his image and following just like ICP. Sure, he can rap well but white people go crazy for artists with a image or "cult following" (Juggalos/Killa Clowns) and hes said it himself:

Look at Celcius, another album that is similar to his first. Its one of his least popular cd's and didn't sell shit even though it was right after Anghellic and that put him on the map so why didn't that cd do well?

He tried riding with that west coast style and failed, the first time he went to california to perform there was under 10 people in the crowd, and only white people listen to him.

Dude went through alot of obstacles to become as big as he is today, def deserves respect in my book...The bay inspired him to rap but didn't make him blow up for sure..

Jul 1, 2004
If anybody put Tech on it would be ICP and Pyschopathic, as much as I hate to say so...without the dedicated "juggalo" fan base, Tech wouldnt be as big and well known as he is today.

May 20, 2006
the kc/bay connection is real.dont discredit a good thing.some rappers like me really fucc withthe kc streets.others just follow what we did and get luccy.or run out there and post up when niggas are on they head in cali.real recognizes real.some niggas honestly dont deserve the love yall show.and they are turfhoppers.

the turfhoppers have been coming thru the town on a regular..... lol...

May 20, 2006
@retribution

Celcius was actually a release of unreleased songs that T9 had recorded with his former label MidWestSide Records......

when Strange released Anghellic, MidWestSide capitalized on the massive (strange)promo by putting out some (old) songs from their catalog a week b4 Anghellic was released......

if you wanna credit anybody for T9 success, Travis O'Guinn, deserves all the props and praises....... his business/marketing plan has been successful and on target.

to overlook the work, dedication, financing, and vision that TOG put into T9 and Strange Music is denial of the obvious facts.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
LOL

^^^^YEH. 10-15 YEARS AFTER US....I FEEL WE PAVED THE WAY.SO DID MAC DRE AND JT.WE REALLY FUCCED WITH KC ON A SERIOUS LEVEL.THE NIGGAS COMIN NOW ONLY COME THERE CUZ YALL FUCC WITH THEM. EVERYBODY THAT RAP FROM CALI AINT 100.TRUST ME.WCM ON MINES.

Apr 2, 2010
@retribution

Celcius was actually a release of unreleased songs that T9 had recorded with his former label MidWestSide Records......

when Strange released Anghellic, MidWestSide capitalized on the massive (strange)promo by putting out some (old) songs from their catalog a week b4 Anghellic was released......
Ah, alright that explains the same west coast style he ditched years back. My point is the style he was using when he started out didn't really get him anywhere, as far as marketing and the rest goes thats a whole different story.

Apr 3, 2010
Plus tech tours like crazy. He used to do over a 100 shows a year.

And its funny talkin about bootleging rich albums, because almost all those things are basically bootlegs anyway. (I still buy em though)

Jul 1, 2004
Tay, the contradiction comes from you saying you put Tech on and the next post you claim you didnt say that. I put it in black and white right in front of you homie. You either put tech on or not...and you did not. If it was ANYONE from Cali it was QD3(gang related), Yuk (Thugged Out and the Austrailia Tour) or Brotha Lynch and C Bo ( Blocc Movement ).

I aint tryin to sit on the internet and aruge with a rapper claiming to put another rapper on. Tech, this forum, yourself and myself all truly know where Techs success came from.

Jul 1, 2004
@retribution

if you wanna credit anybody for T9 success, Travis O'Guinn, deserves all the props and praises....... his business/marketing plan has been successful and on target.

to overlook the work, dedication, financing, and vision that TOG put into T9 and Strange Music is denial of the obvious facts.
Wasnt it Absolute Power that was released same day as Celcius?

Oct 2, 2006
I forget when it was, but didn't 7th Heaven get raided one year, possibly for sellin' bootleg cds? I agree, shit ain't been the same since MD was murdered; that and hella folks thinkin'/sayin' Fat Tone had somethin' to do with it. Shit, I ain't been to 7th Heaven but one time (2002). Ain't been there since.
They got raided for their smoke shop section that was selling "bongs & pipes" I believe they had radio commercials advertising them for their uses with drugs and not tobacco.

The prices in 7th Heaven are determined by the artists when they put their album in the store. The price is based off of how much profit you want to gain per album sold.

Profit / Sale Price
$5 = $9.97
$6 = $11.97

The artists are the ones to blame for the high prices on the shelves.

Oct 2, 2006
have u "heard" that 7th heaven is about to stop selling music(cds)???

other than RTF, no one else is pushing worthwhile numbers out of 7th Heaven...

correct me if im misinformed......:confused:
I've heard this too, but judging by the way the store seems to operate, if they close down the music section they business will disappear. I think the basement of 7th Heaven is the only thing keeping that place afloat right now. I never see ppl in any other sections in there.

As far as worthwhile numbers selling out of there I believe that other than RTF the next closest selling artist is Rondoe. He seems to be moving a lot of units lately. I don't have concrete numbers to show, but I know from the amount of product placement he has on the shelves and from what I've been seeing around the net ppl both in KC and out of town have been supporting his projects.

The way consignment at 7th Heaven works is that if you aren't a prominent name in the city or have big name features on your album they will only accept 5 copies of your album.

I just thought of another artists whos moving units. Ron Ron has sold out numerous times at 7th Heaven. I know for awhile people were in there asking for his album while I was in there and they were having a hard time keeping them stocked.

May 2, 2002
They got raided for their smoke shop section that was selling "bongs & pipes" I believe they had radio commercials advertising them for their uses with drugs and not tobacco.

The prices in 7th Heaven are determined by the artists when they put their album in the store. The price is based off of how much profit you want to gain per album sold.

Profit / Sale Price
$5 = $9.97
$6 = $11.97

The artists are the ones to blame for the high prices on the shelves.
Oh, I see.
I gotcha. Like I said, I've only been there once. I live in Clay County, so it'd be quite a drive just for some cds.

May 20, 2006
I've heard this too, but judging by the way the store seems to operate, if they close down the music section they business will disappear. I think the basement of 7th Heaven is the only thing keeping that place afloat right now. I never see ppl in any other sections in there.
the basement and the flixxx have been keeping 7th Heaven alive since they got raided...... I got crazy love for Jan just for not shutting down a loooong time ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.