When is KC gonna get off of the Bay nutz???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2006
man, if i hear about one more J-diggs performance in KC, i'm gonna dust off my burner gloves, grab my throwaway and fuKC up the whole demo.....

who are the promoter's that keep paying this nobody ass nigga to perform in the town????

awww, he's from the Bay, he MUST be somebody...... lmao!!!!:ermm:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Sounding a little bitter there man, tell your folks in the rap game to step their promo game up. The question should be, why aren't more KC rappers popular in their own city? If it makes you feel better I barely hear about any J-Diggs shows out here in the bay and I live in Vallejo.

May 20, 2006
Sounding a little bitter there man, tell your folks in the rap game to step their promo game up. The question should be, why aren't more KC rappers popular in their own city? If it makes you feel better I barely hear about any J-Diggs shows out here in the bay and I live in Vallejo.

naw not bitter, just "telling it like it is"

let me quote you, "I barely hear about any J-diggs shows out here in the bay"

this j-diggs nigga has been doing damn near two shows a month here in KC, for the last year, so you made my point for me.......

he is nobody @ home, but here, lame ass catz treat this nigga like he jigga

I respect all the Bay OG's short dogg, 40, md, celly cel, jt, spice 1, c-bo, tay, hammer, digital underground, mall, quinn, mess, and any other og.

it just never ceases to amaze me how promoter's in KC will trick off with any so-called bay rapper, just cause he from cali.....smh

May 2, 2002
You already know ppl finna go to his shows, so its nothin'. Only time I've heard dude's music played in the town is on The Wire. I've only heard "Married To The Game" which he's featured on and "Ask About Me" (I think thats what its called). Some people like him; some don't. It is what it is.

May 20, 2006
You already know ppl finna go to his shows, so its nothin'. Only time I've heard dude's music played in the town is on The Wire. I've only heard "Married To The Game" which he's featured on and "Ask About Me" (I think thats what its called). Some people like him; some don't. It is what it is.

i couldn't tell you the name of any j-diggs song .........

i ain't got nothing against him, it just amazes me how KC will invest in some nobody from another area, instead of supporting the hometeam...

oh well, like you said, it is what it is

that's why i laugh at every local KC rapper with 10 Bay features........

and KC artists wonder why they can't get ahead in the game...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I hear ya man, I'm not a J-Diggs fan really, to me he's had about a dozen good verses in his career. It just sounds like Diggs has the plug on good KC convert promoters/venues. If tickets to his shows keep selling, best believe they will keep booking him. Although it goes both ways, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of Rich The Factors mixtape sells are in the Bay Area/California. As you know he's been rushing projects to take advantage of his new popularity for a couple of years now and until they stop selling, he has no reason to buy a beat. Actually ironically enough, the last time I heard Rich on any original beats, was on the CD's he put out with Diggs LOL.

May 2, 2002
that's why i laugh at every local KC rapper with 10 Bay features........

and KC artists wonder why they can't get ahead in the game...
Shit if a nigga from the town drop a cd and it features E-40, Mess, J-Diggs, Killa Tay(well, he ain't Bay), etc., you already know they pickin' it up. The actual artist whose cd it is might not even be that good, but as long as they see a Bay nigga featured on it, they pickin' it up. NO QUESTION.

We can support niggaz from the Bay and wherever else, but when it comes to the town itself, we don't support our own. Some might say we do, but we really don't. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong on that. I see your point though. Shit really don't get crackin' out here til somebody come from outta town be it C-Bo, Killa Tay, Yukmouth, E-40, J-Diggs, or whoever. Its sad. How we gon' support other muthafuckaz and we can't support niggaz from our own city?

May 20, 2006
I hear ya man, I'm not a J-Diggs fan really, to me he's had about a dozen good verses in his career. It just sounds like Diggs has the plug on good KC convert promoters/venues. If tickets to his shows keep selling, best believe they will keep booking him. Although it goes both ways, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of Rich The Factors mixtape sells are in the Bay Area/California. As you know he's been rushing projects to take advantage of his new popularity for a couple of years now and until they stop selling, he has no reason to buy a beat. Actually ironically enough, the last time I heard Rich on any original beats, was on the CD's he put out with Diggs LOL.

let me tell ya sumthing.....

most of these j-diggs events are basically house parties, kiddie shows, and club venues w/capacity under 500

the promoters that are bringing him here are basically some male groupies, that are trying to get more local credibility by bringing in a "bay rapper"....

they aint' making ANY $$$, all they are doing is tricking off on another nigga

rich the factor don't even be @ these shows, cause it aint enough $$$ for him....... lol

May 20, 2006
Shit if a nigga from the town drop a cd and it features E-40, Mess, J-Diggs, Killa Tay(well, he ain't Bay), etc., you already know they pickin' it up. The actual artist whose cd it is might not even be that good, but as long as they see a Bay nigga featured on it, they pickin' it up. NO QUESTION.

MAN, you do see where im coming from.......

Basically KC artists approach with Bay features is...... "don't buy my album because you like me, buy my album because you like who i'm standing with".........

truth is, mofos still aint gonna buy they shit... lol..... if you can pay 40, mess, tay and diggs, nigga GIVE me a copy of yo shit!!!!!!

May 2, 2002
MAN, you do see where im coming from.......

Basically KC artists approach with Bay features is...... "don't buy my album because you like me, buy my album because you like who i'm standing with".........

truth is, mofos still aint gonna buy they shit... lol..... if you can pay 40, mess, tay and diggs, nigga GIVE me a copy of yo shit!!!!!!
LOL! Ya know? Waiting on somebody to make THEM look good. Why should I fuck wit yo cd, cause it got some Bay niggaz on it? What about yo skills nigga? Don't ride anotha muthafuckaz coattails. Get by on your own merit. They've been in the game for years! Their track record speaks for itself. How bout you nigga? What you got to bring to the table that I ain't already heard?

You know if J-Diggs wasn't in town, it wouldn't be shit crackin'. LOL

KC, we need to support our own before we can even think about supportin' other niggaz from outta town. If you think we've gotten somewhere, you're kidding yourself. The BAY BEEN doin' it! The question is when are we gonna start doin' it for ourselves?

Aug 23, 2002
The truth is... why switch it up when that's what's gettin you record sales? Rich sells out his mixtapes out of 7th heaven... sometimes having the same songs as other mixtapes over and over again. Why? because it sells. We have had some good independent K.C. artists come out with original product that has gotten some pretty good attention. I.E. Ron Ron and Rondoe. We just need them to keep putting out their music. The industry sucks and everyone wants to make money but no one wants to put forth the effort.

I think that some of these cats could be HUGE if they would keep putting out quality product consistently... People like Ron Ron, Riv Locc, Rondoe and the Popper. It's consistency is what gets us in K.C.

Popper could have blown up years ago, but since he is stuck in a deal it fucks everything up. What we need is a business seminar and teach these talented rappers how not to get fucked and sign a shitty deal then get shelved and not be able to put anything out without getting sued. Thats my 2 cents.

May 20, 2006
^^^^all those folks you just named can stand on their own 2 feet.... ron ron, Riv locc, rondoe, the popper, stand on they own without the features.....

i can respect that authenticity

May 2, 2002
The truth is... why switch it up when that's what's gettin you record sales? Rich sells out his mixtapes out of 7th heaven... sometimes having the same songs as other mixtapes over and over again. Why? because it sells. We have had some good independent K.C. artists come out with original product that has gotten some pretty good attention. I.E. Ron Ron and Rondoe. We just need them to keep putting out their music. The industry sucks and everyone wants to make money but no one wants to put forth the effort.
Thats all well and good, if you're content with stayin' within the city limits. The rap game is bigger than KC. Rich may recycle his material quite a bit, but like you said it sells; in other areas, not just here in KC. I think most of the rappers here are content with a hometown buzz and thats it. Thats cool, but you probably won't accomplish as much as you'd like to with JUST the town behind you. I imagine some rappers wanna do shows outta town. Not even that; do shows in college towns (KC, St. Joe, Joplin, Columbia, Warrensburg). It might not sound like much, but shit, it'll get your name out there. Don't set the bar too high. Start out small, get you a fanbase, get your cd sales up. Then you can think about goin' outta town. The monies there. Lock down your hometown and surrounding areas first.

Oct 2, 2006
I think that some of these cats could be HUGE if they would keep putting out quality product consistently... People like Ron Ron, Riv Locc, Rondoe and the Popper. It's consistency is what gets us in K.C.
I'm trying to help with this... Riv Locc is dropping a cd every 2 months right now.

Exigent Circumstances 12/23/2011
Clozed Curtainz Mixtape 2/2/2011

__________ coming April 2011

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I think if u look at it like it really is....its a positive not a negative.what other region put on and showed love to KC like northern cali? Dont be mad at the cali niggas,be mad at the kc rappers that dont put their own on.i personally love and respect kc cuz its real like many places we travel.we put on tech,ft,and many others.the kc/bay connection is real.dont discredit a good thing.some rappers like me really fucc withthe kc streets.others just follow what we did and get luccy.or run out there and post up when niggas are on they head in cali.real recognizes real.some niggas honestly dont deserve the love yall show.and they are turfhoppers.
PEOPLE DO WHAT U ALLOW THEM 2.
I FUCC WITH KILLA CITY 100%.GG

Status
Not open for further replies.