When is KC gonna get off of the Bay nutz???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2004
I think if u look at it like it really is....its a positive not a negative.what other region put on and showed love to KC like northern cali? Dont be mad at the cali niggas,be mad at the kc rappers that dont put their own on.i personally love and respect kc cuz its real like many places we travel.we put on tech,ft,and many others.the kc/bay connection is real.dont discredit a good thing.some rappers like me really fucc withthe kc streets.others just follow what we did and get luccy.or run out there and post up when niggas are on they head in cali.real recognizes real.some niggas honestly dont deserve the love yall show.and they are turfhoppers.
PEOPLE DO WHAT U ALLOW THEM 2.
I FUCC WITH KILLA CITY 100%.GG
Yea it was the Bay that put Tech on...

LOL @ the arrogance of that statement.

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
The truth is... why switch it up when that's what's gettin you record sales? Rich sells out his mixtapes out of 7th heaven... sometimes having the same songs as other mixtapes over and over again. Why? because it sells. We have had some good independent K.C. artists come out with original product that has gotten some pretty good attention. I.E. Ron Ron and Rondoe. We just need them to keep putting out their music. The industry sucks and everyone wants to make money but no one wants to put forth the effort.

I think that some of these cats could be HUGE if they would keep putting out quality product consistently... People like Ron Ron, Riv Locc, Rondoe and the Popper. It's consistency is what gets us in K.C.

Popper could have blown up years ago, but since he is stuck in a deal it fucks everything up. What we need is a business seminar and teach these talented rappers how not to get fucked and sign a shitty deal then get shelved and not be able to put anything out without getting sued. Thats my 2 cents.
yea dat nigga rondoe Go go foreal i b slapn his shit out here i def do sum slaps with him
ifeel lyk tha bay and kc got that connection and mafuckas look at bay or cali niggas a diff way cuz cali one of them states dat got rich off dis rap shit but i feel what dude sayin on here tho niggas shuld b copn they own too putn them on cuz yall do got talent in kc

Aug 23, 2002
so who did then?

to my understanding, yukmouth/regime played a big part early off in his career

::
I'm not gonna take either side in this conversation. From what I know tech had a huge following with Calm before the storm and Rogue Dog Villians. Not to mention the Gang related soundtrack he had. He put himself on more than anything is what I think. He was huge in K.C. then other areas started lookin at him. Yukmouth and the Regime did show alot of bay cats who he was though.

I don't really care about all the bay rappers gettin love out here. Most of them are really talented and I respect alot of them. K.C. is pretty much a part of the bay in music terms. We have mutual repect for eachother. I think that our music just kinda evolved together.

I'm trying to help with this... Riv Locc is dropping a cd every 2 months right now.

Exigent Circumstances 12/23/2011
Clozed Curtainz Mixtape 2/2/2011

__________ coming April 2011
Dope... Bought Exigent Circumstances at 7th heaven and that cd is dope from start to finish. Can't wait to hear the new shit droppin.

May 2, 2002
Yea it was the Bay that put Tech on...
LOL @ the arrogance of that statement.
Yeah, that was a bit much. If anyone from the Bay put anyone from KC on it was JT the Bigga Figga lacin' Rich the Factor with game. Rich took it from there. The rest is history. It wasn't on no "JT the Bigga Figga presents..." type shit. But he did produce Gettin' A Grip. And the two have collaborated numerous times since then.

FT...I disagree. Yes, he first cd was "Killa Tay presents Fat Tone: Only In Killa City". Fresno isn't Bay Area though, is it? Same with "C-Bo presents Fat Tone: The Untouchable (I'ma Getcha). Sacramento is Northern Cali, but its not the Bay.

Jul 1, 2004
so who did then?

Yea Yukmouth may have put Tech on in the Bay, but the Bay Area didnt make Tech N9ne. He made his own noise in KC with Cloudy Eyed Stroll/Mitch Bade singles and constant touring. Tech is known all over the US and internationally...did the bay area do that too?

May 20, 2006
so who did then?

actually QD3 put Tech on when he produced "Questions" for the Gang Related soundtrack back in 1997.....

or if you wanna go back a lil further

LaFace Records put Tech on when he got his first record deal with Nutthowze back in '95-'96

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
so what's the name of the record stores out in KC that all these Bay Area rap CDs are being sold at?

enquiring minds want to know...

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
actually QD3 put Tech on when he produced "Questions" for the Gang Related soundtrack back in 1997.....

or if you wanna go back a lil further

LaFace Records put Tech on when he got his first record deal with Nutthowze back in '95-'96
i agree, but being with the regime also did give him extra exposure, and made him accessible to a different crowd...

on a side note, i personally think that he should've done more work with QDIII than he did though... that was some of tech's best work if you ask me

May 2, 2002
I forget when it was, but didn't 7th Heaven get raided one year, possibly for sellin' bootleg cds? I agree, shit ain't been the same since MD was murdered; that and hella folks thinkin'/sayin' Fat Tone had somethin' to do with it. Shit, I ain't been to 7th Heaven but one time (2002). Ain't been there since.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Damn that goes to show how big of a presence the bay has in kc if dre dying really made such a big impact on cd sales as a whole. Or is it that only dre & rich were the ones moving units?

May 20, 2006
Damn that goes to show how big of a presence the bay has in kc if dre dying really made such a big impact on cd sales as a whole. Or is it that only dre & rich were the ones moving units?

im just talking about one store that specializes in indie rap......

miley cyrus, taylor swift, and justin bieber are still selling a lot of cds in KC.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.