What's your opinion on tipping?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006

I personally always tip waiters and bartenders because society says so. I guess I'd feel like a dick if I didn't and just plain awkward. Not to mention, they obviously don't make much without the tips. However, of course no one is forcing them to work there either though. But honestly, Mr. Pink makes a great point about McDonalds.

May 2, 2009
Ha..Mr pink came to mind when I saw this thread... but I tip everytime I eat out, 15-20% off top if its good service, I worked in restaurants, lil taquerias as a kid and know a first had how much it helps getting that extra money from tips

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I would feel like a huge fucking idiot if I didn't tip. People who don't tip are usually teenagers and gypsy's. I've never worked in the restaurant/bar business, but I know a grip of people that have, and believe me, they will remember you if you don't tip and you come in again.

Apr 2, 2010
It depends on the service the waitress gives me, if she tries hard to please me and other customers by not only being quick on the refills but also being friendly then its a must for me.

Just keep in mind some restaurant managers collect all the tips their hosts make, so your essentially wasting your money and not giving it to someone who needs it.

Apr 8, 2005
depends if i like the waiter. if they do their job i tip 5-10$ depending

if thy are talking to eachother whn i ask for a to go bag, and give me the one second finger/ no tip

Jul 28, 2003
What about when u go to a massage place and that bitch don't give u pussy or n e thing? Do u tip them just cuz they gave a back rub? I say fuck no. Maybe a couple bucks but not wat they want. Ur already payin for that hour.

Jul 9, 2007
Really??? Honestly your source on non-shady restaurants is Applebees? HAHAHAHA A real restaurant has a host (the person at the front who seats you) and then a server (the person who comes to your table to get your order) and the managers and chefs are never seen unless you ask to see one for a reason.

Jul 9, 2007
I'm still laughing at the thought of a Applebee's line cook being called a chef. You might as well call burger flipper's at McDonald's chefs.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
mmmurrrikkkkaaa government way of thinking : "fuck these bitches, let the people pay their wages"

then tax tips lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just keep in mind some restaurant managers collect all the tips their hosts make, so your essentially wasting your money and not giving it to someone who needs it.
ummm no I worked in the restaurant industry from age 16-20 including a year at Applebees and thats bullshit, any tip given to a server or host is all theirs. Whoever told you this is an idiot or it was that one single manager doing shady business.

Anyways I always tip what a server deserves. If they bust their ass they get a good tip, even if I don't get 100% the best service, but I notice the server is slammed with mad tables and they're trying their best to get back to me i'll still hook them up. Servers only make between $2.00 and $3.00 an hour, so they basically work for tips. To those that say they don't have to work there, then the restaurant industry wouldn't exist. You shouldn't even go eat at a restaurant with the expectation of not tipping.

Apr 2, 2010
ummm no I worked in the restaurant industry from age 16-20 including a year at Applebees and thats bullshit, any tip given to a server or host is all theirs. Whoever told you this is an idiot or it was that one single manager doing shady business.
I didn't say thats how the entire chain operated, I didn't think I needed to emphasize that but I guess I do.