what's your occupation?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Maybe you miss understood me unemployment for the African-American and Latino people in America is almost 3 times as high, then that of whites in American.
Proof of statistics or you are pulling a rabbit out your ass.

In corporate America if you're African-American or Latino you better have that piece of paper (degree) showing that know what you're doing or the interview will end quick fast.
interesting enough, I have 3 sisters, ALL 3 MEXICAN, & not one of them have a degree... 1 of them is a VP of finance, one is a I.T. Director for NetApp.

try again.

A degree represents commitment and shows that you have drive to your future employer. A African-American or a Latino having a degree breaks one more stereotype and will make it easier for the next man trying to come up.
whats the stereotype? That only whites & asians get college degrees? are we still talking race or class? because there is poor people around the entire world that didnt go to college but still feed their families.

When I go on interviews and business trips all I see are white faces. CEO's, CFO's hiring manager all white faces.
maybe you are in the wrong industry.... have you traveled in other countries? & you still see all white faces? I worked for Yahoo for many years.... Chinese CEO: "Jerry Yang"

Check this out I graduated college from ASU only about 20 African-American people and about a 100 Latinos out of a class of 800 students graduated with me.
congrats.
Now think about that before you think I'm playing some goofy ass race card game. I'm actually spitting real game unlike your favorite corny rapper.
You know who my favorite rapper is? LOL ...I barely even listen to rap these days, but please go on... I'd love to hear who my favorite rapper is & how you spit more game than him.

Go to college and get a degree and make some legal money.
apparently I didnt have to & apparently that is because I am white ( or should I say non-latino & non african american )

Sorry for the rant... You are right if you're not rich then we’re almost in the same boat. The rich get richer and the middle is getting smaller every month.
No need for apologies J @jabking ...its all good. I understand.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Good luck on your new job. But what if later in your career u want to get promoted and some other guy with a degree and the same work experience as you wants the promotion. Who do you think will get the promotion? What if your logistics job go away? FYI I worked in the logistics for 3 years and things can change fast. See once you get to a certin pay grade employers won't even look at your resume without a degree. That piece of paper will never go away. So you might be goood now without a degree but will you be good for the future. Just look into get a degree pimpin while you have a job.
I have 8 years experience in the inudstry (4 in operations), worked my way up from kicking shit inside a container. I am doing operations and sales in this role and will manage my own department that handles traffic from Europe and the US.

I will eventually start my own company, just saving for cash flow to get started. I'd say in about 2 years.

But to answer your question, I hire people based on experience and personality, not on what qualifications they have, this industry is easy as fuck once you learn the ins and outs. Only the customs side you really need a brokers license.

Feb 3, 2006
Proof of statistics or you are pulling a rabbit out your ass.

interesting enough, I have 3 sisters, ALL 3 MEXICAN, & not one of them have a degree... 1 of them is a VP of finance, one is a I.T. Director for NetApp.

try again.

whats the stereotype? That only whites & asians get college degrees? are we still talking race or class? because there is poor people around the entire world that didnt go to college but still feed their families.

maybe you are in the wrong industry.... have you traveled in other countries? & you still see all white faces? I worked for Yahoo for many years.... Chinese CEO: "Jerry Yang"

congrats.

You know who my favorite rapper is? LOL ...I barely even listen to rap these days, but please go on... I'd love to hear who my favorite rapper is & how you spit more game than him.

apparently I didnt have to & apparently that is because I am white ( or should I say non-latino & non african american )

No need for apologies J @jabking ...its all good. I understand.
And you proved what by saying all that?? Look at the data that Mac Jesus posted unemployment is 2 times as high for African-American and not 3 like I first posted. Your post make you come off like corny dickhead by the way. And miss me with your we are the world bullshit, if it don't apply to you then keep it moving.

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/demographics/

FYI, I have been to a few countries my passpost is stamped up playboy..

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
90s babies do not know the deal. Jack numbers is a 90s baby. Therefore, Jake numbers does not know the deal. I just destroyed you with fucking logic, Australian.

Props: Dana Dane
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Im a "Route Sales Representative"...The website says I:
JOB SUMMARY:
As a Route Sales Representative (RSR), you will deliver products and up sell services to a designated customer base within a geographic area. The RSR will be required to deliver clean garments and/or products and collect/sort returned soiled items for laundering. RSRs will also build strong customer relationships with uniform-wearers and decision-makers by providing exceptional service, develop sales and marketing approaches to generate additional revenue from existing customers, and routinely resolve customer issues by identifying satisfactory solutions. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with a physically demanding, customer-facing, sales-oriented position.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops sales and marketing approaches for existing customers based on knowledge of the customer, preferences and style.
- Markets new products and services at the time of established product delivery to result in further penetration of the account with additional product lines.
- Identifies prospective customers through the assigned customer base and utilizes a team approach to solicit new clients.
- Routinely resolves customer issues within established guidelines and partners with customers in identifying satisfactory solutions.
- Builds strong customer relationships with uniform-wearers and decision-makers on an on-going basis with the objective of continuing and renewing service contracts.
- Confirms that customer loads are correct before leaving the G&K location. Drives a G&K delivery van to deliver clean garments and/or products to customers according to specifications. Collects/sorts and returns soiled garments and/or products to the G&K location for laundering.
- Accurately complete all records and required paper work on a daily basis.

What that means is I drive a truck and deliver linen supplies. It's physically demanding and I work a lot of hours, 50-60 hours/week usually, but I get over-time, I cruise around San Jose listening to sports radio, it's cool, benifits and all that, so Im happy for now.

I used to work as a Client Support Rep for a hospital lab, I made bank, but it was an office setting and I hated every second of it, getting laid off was one of the best things that ever happened to me, at this job Ive lost about 40lbs, and started medicine for my blood pressure, lol.

Jul 24, 2005
off topic but I had a job interview for a pt job and they offer me the job but ask me to pay for my own background check & fingerprints I had never heard of this being done before is this a common practice to hiring new employee's?

Oct 3, 2006
I am currently a Warehouse manager and warranty administrator for a hvac/solar distribution company going on 4 years. I recently got promoted which was cool

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
besides being a failed Producer /DJ... I decided a few years ago, fuck I'ma be 30 soon, and what the best route to get this money.

So I went back to school with the engineering or medical profession in mind. I ended up applying to lots of grants, and ended up getting a position as a research assistant in a chem lab ( normally for grad students). So right now I'm just mixing up the medicine trying to get on some publications.

As of next year I have been conditionally accepted to a Podiatric Medicine and Surgery program. So yea I will be cutting open feet and ankles, sawing bones, diabetic wound care, amputations all that nasty shit. It will be a long road 4 yrs school + 4 year residency. I think you get around 45k in residency, but after those year, god willing I should be able to set my family straight.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
besides being a failed Producer /DJ... I decided a few years ago, fuck I'ma be 30 soon, and what the best route to get this money.

So I went back to school with the engineering or medical profession in mind. I ended up applying to lots of grants, and ended up getting a position as a research assistant in a chem lab ( normally for grad students). So right now I'm just mixing up the medicine trying to get on some publications.

As of next year I have been conditionally accepted to a Podiatric Medicine and Surgery program. So yea I will be cutting open feet and ankles, sawing bones, diabetic wound care, amputations all that nasty shit. It will be a long road 4 yrs school + 4 year residency. I think you get around 45k in residency, but after those year, god willing I should be able to set my family straight.
oh' really?

if i start dying again, i know who im callin!

naw good shit tho, medical field is a hard job to work

Oct 3, 2006

Good luck and stay focused bro, I know the medical field is stressful as hell to get into, but it will all be worth it in the end

Sep 24, 2006
im thinking bout going back to school to get a degree in business admin and accounting. Id like to get out of working in a machine shop just not sure if its worth it or not.