what's your occupation?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
I been working part time lately and doing side jobs ... enough to pay bills ....

Also do part time hustling here and there for extra cash ...but that shit gets boring, I like legal money over illegal money ..

Sep 16, 2002
<----- I.T. Engineer with 13+ years experience. High school drop out felon with no college education.
im tryna get into the field just got my A+, network +, and working on microsoft windows 7 configuration plus a few others... any suggestions you can give me aside from that to get ahead or on par with the game?

Jun 23, 2005
run an international drug cartel all while living in the mountains of the sierra madre. came up from selling oranges, no elementary school diploma

[video=youtube;C3ipQCTpooc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ipQCTpooc[/video]

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
im tryna get into the field just got my A+, network +, and working on microsoft windows 7 configuration plus a few others... any suggestions you can give me aside from that to get ahead or on par with the game?
First off congrats on your A+, that was one of my first certifications & it lightweight got my foot in the door to bigger things.

My advice: look into ITIL & HDI certification ( industry standardization certs )
Most fortune 500 companies ( & SMB as well ) are going in the direction of ITIL right now.

Another thing is just keep up with the latest & greatest. Too often people get comfortable in their jobs & just look for the paycheck, but you gotta look for the new technology & become a pro @ it ( or at least fake it til you make it )

Windows certs are a bonus, so is getting some Mac certs.

Last but not least, Linux is a HUGE plus, because most back-end work is done via Linux.

Also, man... keep a good mouthpiece. Too many people do not know how to interview & bring the "it" factor. Managers dont just want someone that knows technology, they want someone they'd wanna work with, has a good personality, & is outgoing. If you can fit every piece of the puzzle, you will go far.

Send me a PM, & a resume, the wifey is a technical recruiter, & I have a position opening up @ my job in the next few weeks for a temp to hire position.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
My whole life I worked shitty fucking jobs dealing with shitty fucking people. My high school grades were fairly poor so I couldn't even get into the community college. Found out what I needed to do, took a test to challenge my Highschool English grades, got accepted into a community college, kept my marks up and transferred to a pretty decent university. Now I'm an archaeologist doing shit I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Fuck those shitty jobs.

Props: Dana Dane
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just got done with 8 and a half years in the Army. Start being a full time college student on August 20th. Was thinking about getting a side job, but i'm about to say fuck it and just stay focused on school for the next couple years until I at least finish my Associates.

Working on a AAS in Programming and System Analysis, figure that would complement my IT experience when I decide to hit the work force again.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I move things from A to B to C to Z and to where ever else it needs to go. Anything and everything (no not cocaine mr federal agent lol).

All different types of containers, from sea..

to air..

to special projects..

I arrange everything for you, delivery, documentation, clearance, storage, setup, anything and everything you need or want done..

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Im a substitute teacher for my local district. I get called everyday 2. Im also finishing up my masters in education with a teaching credential so i can get a full time position...7-8 more months..I cant wait...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I work for a bank, dealing with commercial mortgage loans, specifically with property tax/insurance payments and escrows. It's not as boring as it sounds, most of the time. Pays enough, steady, good benefits, etc.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Associate manager at a movie theatre in Downtown Seattle. I more or less get paid to sit in the back office e-mailing the home office and making rounds to make sure other people are working and the place isn't burning down.

I mostly just sit in the office though, like I am right now.