What's With All The Hype?!?!?!?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
cant find a song at the moment. but will this do for now? ha ha

or you can even do a search on the siccness and put gas or gassin and it goes back to 02-03 bro.
I will agree with you tho that meaning of the word has changed cuz now gas to some people means spittin heat, when it can also mean a person has a rapid fire delivery.

Sup Rasan....dont try to reason with this dude....he's on a one way goin the wrong direction......he aint gonna make it too far.

May 8, 2008
You actin like I'm one of them niggaz who's only heard 3 tracks from Dre......nigga I'm over here sittin on albums....I know what the fuck Dre sound like....old and last style and everything in between ......and for me to make that comparison...SO THE FUCK WHAT.....TO ME...Wiz reminds me on some levels like Mac muthafuckin Dre nigga! And I dont give a fuck...you and whoever else feels I'm stupid for makin that comparison can go skeet off in a corner and die for all I care.

So you mean to tell me that the next muthafucka that says so-n-so was "gassin" on the mic....you mean to tell me that your gonna give them the history lesson too?? You dumb ass fuck homie....you really not the bizz like you claim to be.
LMAO I'm dumb as fuck hahahahhaa go douche yo pussy babygirl you niggas can't have an argument without getting hot and bothered? Lol sensitivity ain't the bizz you should work on that bruh. If Wiz reminds you of Dre cool, that is strictly opinion......If I said J-Cole reminded me of Tupac, one of you niggas would probably take exception and ask me to explain. That's all I wanted you to do. But naw you rather get yo granny panties in a bunch and hide behind "it's just my opinion it's just my opinion fuck the world" type of shit.

Honestly I ain't never heard somebody say a rapper wasn't gassin, because the shit ain't a matter of opinion for reasons I've stated 400million times already. It's about flow not content or metaphors. If a nigga spitting rapid fire, he's gassin, if he ain't spitting rapping fire, he not gassin. Period. End of discussion.

May 8, 2008
dont get smart bruh, i told you i couldnt find anything at the moment and thats all i could find.
bottomline sac birthed the term gas not oakland. and if you post this in the 91siccness forum many would agree with me. again my two cents.
Lol how is that the bottomline if you can't find anything at the moment? Is it the bottomline cuz you say it is? Find me something bro hit youtube hit yo playlist.....I'm not finna search for something that I don't think exists.

May 8, 2008
here is a song from 03 and the song the say gas in it. happy bro? lol

"off the gas lyrically speakin..."

Dawg saying the word ain't what we are talking about. I'm not saying nobody has ever said the word. I'm talking about the context that is being used today, came from Oakland.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
you arent making any sense. you just said gassin is rapid fire delivery. i posted a song, with a rapper who has a rapid fire delivery from sac, before 05, who says gas in a song and they literally say, off the gas lyrically speakin. so what exactly do you mean. cuz now i'm lost educate me here. i'm 30, maybe my comprehension is slowing down because of my old age.

May 8, 2008
you arent making any sense. you just said gassin is rapid fire delivery. i posted a song, with a rapper who has a rapid fire delivery from sac, before 05, who says gas in a song and they literally say, off the gas literally speakin. so what exactly do you mean. cuz now i'm lost educate me here. i'm 30, maybe i my comprehension is slowing down because of my old age.
LOL I didn't say the song you posted wasn't gasssin. I said "off the gas literally speakin" ain't the same as saying "I Got Gas" of "I Be Gasssin". Shit off the Gas literally speaking don't even sound like it applies to how he's rapping.

May 8, 2008
then what would it apply to?
I have no idea my man but the way he using the word "gas" in this song is not the same way everybody running around using it now. That is all I'm saying. The way it's used today applies to how Town niggas characterized it.

One of the lyrics in the songs was "time to heat up the gas." That's open for interpretation it could mean a lot of different shit, but when rappers say "I'm gassin" or "I Got Gas", when the say it like that, it specifically applies to how they are rapping. Saying it like that came from Oakland, not Sacramento. That don't mean Sac cats never had Gas in the songs, it just ain't the way the term is used today.

May 8, 2008

@Rasan i even see the difference between the way Nutty uses "Gas" in these songs which he released recently, and that other one in 05. He said "I be gassin up shows" and "I be gassin"......that is how the shit is used today. That's how Town niggas been using it since 05-06.....in 05-06 Nutty wasn't using it like that, you showed that in the song you posted...now in 2010 he and every other rapper in Northern Cali is using like that, but rappers in Oakland been on it before it was hot. In the streets and in the booth. I first heard Stalin say it on the "Early Morning Shift" tape. That's 05-06.