What's With All The Hype?!?!?!?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2008
Wiz Khalifa? This man might be the most overrated overly hyped rapper out right now. Niggas and bitches go crazy over this dudes raps and I really don't understand why......He's okay his flow is aight, but every song he makes sounds the exactly the same to me. Somebody please tell me what the hype is about lol.

Props: dalycity650

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Wiz Khalifa? This man might be the most overrated overly hyped rapper out right now. Niggas and bitches go crazy over this dudes raps and I really don't understand why......He's okay his flow is aight, but every song he makes sounds the exactly the same to me. Somebody please tell me what the hype is about lol.
he puts out good music

lyrically... he's not the dopest mc out there or anything (although he does have skills)

I just like his production and his whole sound, I dunno what else to tell you

he's better than some of the rappers you talk about all the time (he shits on Mistah FAB...) but that's neither here nor there... different strokes for different folks

it is what it is

also... I don't see how you think every song sounds the same... you must not have listened to enough songs

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
I seen a video for one if his older tracks last night - "Pittsburgh Sound (It's in my Blood)" his wordplay was on point with that one... lyrically I think he got it - but now that he's found his nitch (the stoner crowd), he may not be as motivated to challenge himself...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I seen a video for one if his older tracks last night - "Pittsburgh Sound (It's in my Blood)" his wordplay was on point with that one... lyrically I think he got it - but now that he's found his nitch (the stoner crowd), he may not be as motivated to challenge himself...
yeah, his older shit is better lyrically... but his new shit is better overall production wise and music wise IMO

May 8, 2008
he puts out good music

lyrically... he's not the dopest mc out there or anything (although he does have skills)

I just like his production and his whole sound, I dunno what else to tell you

he's better than some of the rappers you talk about all the time (he shits on Mistah FAB...) but that's neither here nor there... different strokes for different folks

it is what it is

also... I don't see how you think every song sounds the same... you must not have listened to enough songs
I have no idea why u even brought up fab. That nigga isn't on any top rapper list of mine. I speak on him positively because everybody on here seem like they hate him. I don't think he is as wack as the Siccness says he is. Miss me with the assumptions.

Like I already stated, I have the Kush & Orange Juice tape on my ipod i've listened to it a few times. A lot of the songs sound the same to me as far as the beats and the lyrical content.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I have no idea why u even brought up fab.
I've seen you talk about FAB a lot and hype him up a lot... obviously you like him as an artist, if you didn't you wouldn't bother defending him all the time

and I never even said he's on your list of top rappers... "miss me with the assumptions"

May 8, 2008
I've seen you talk about FAB a lot and hype him up a lot... obviously you like him as an artist, if you didn't you wouldn't bother defending him all the time

and I never even said he's on your list of top rappers... "miss me with the assumptions"
you compared him to fab for a reason, obviously you assumed that wiz being better than fab meant something to me. it doesn't lol. so again miss me wit the assumptions. i like fab as rapper i defended him b/c i think ppl on here go over the top and out of their way every time a song of his pops up.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
you compared him to fab for a reason, obviously you assumed that wiz being better than fab meant something to me. it doesn't lol. so again miss me wit the assumptions. i like fab as rapper i defended him b/c i think ppl on here go over the top and out of their way every time a song of his pops up.
I don't care if it means something to you, I was simply making a point. I've seen you defend and hype up FAB (also Ya Boy... who I'm not a huge fan of) a number of times, and I'm not feeling them

You're wondering why people hype up Wiz Khalifa and you're not feeling him... the last sentence of my post "different strokes for different folks" explains it all

there's no real answer to your question... people are feeling his music, and you're not... that's it... you're feeling FAB's music and other people aren't... get it?

so again... miss ME with the assumptions

May 8, 2008
Bro all I wanted to know was what it is about the nigga that people like. I've started out not liking a rapper then changed. Same thing could happen wit Wiz that's why i made the thread. So naw it aint as black and white "they feelin it and you not" as you say it is. Rappers that i think just plain suck i wouldn't waste my time on....i don't think that about Wiz i just wanted to know what the hype was about. Pickin and choosing the rappers u think i like and saying wiz is better than them is pointless.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Bro all I wanted to know was what it is about the nigga that people like. I've started out not liking a rapper then changed. Same thing could happen wit Wiz that's why i made the thread. So naw it aint as black and white "they feelin it and you not" as you say it is. Rappers that i think just plain suck i wouldn't waste my time on....i don't think that about Wiz i just wanted to know what the hype was about. Pickin and choosing the rappers u think i like and saying wiz is better than them is pointless.
sometimes I can't pin point what it is about rappers that I like

it's as simple as... he makes good music

but that's me... if I like it I like it... if I don't, I don't

it's whatever though... I aint tryin to argue with you about it, because it's pointless

Jan 9, 2009
Wiz Khalifa is smart. he connected with the right people and redid his whole shit. Mainly SKI BEATS .. Ski is a legend. i wish Rok a Blok woulda got the shine it deserved... Curren$y shit slaps.. he been the shit since the cash money no limit days.
that Pilot Talk mixtape is better than K&OJ
he also picked a good gimmick: staying high, flying around on jets and fucking with girls who smoke weed.. Taylor Gang x JETS ..he made some shit kids could be a part of..buy their T.G.O.D. gear and claim they Taylors. also he's fucking with some strong brands doing cross over collab shit.. thats how you get loyal customers.