What you think of that dinner and a movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Man....you have to listen to the album all the way through and not skip any of the interludes to understand the movie......i think it's really well done and that just makes me like this album that much more........I kinda lost interest in DE lately but I thought his narration and shit and his ending of the album were amazing......

Apr 25, 2002
^^man yea that. Every feature came tight, Only ones I wasnt feeling was the strange dudes that much. But damn DE came tight on that shit. his skits and verses were hella dope.

The more listen the more I like. This gonna be in heavy rotation with that G-Macc

Jun 22, 2007
^^man yea that. Every feature came tight, Only ones I wasnt feeling was the strange dudes that much. But damn DE came tight on that shit. his skits and verses were hella dope.

The more listen the more I like. This gonna be in heavy rotation with that G-Macc
You werent feelin Tech's verse? He fuckin ripped that shit.

Apr 25, 2002
Oh I'm purchasing this fucking album for sure.....this is on some different level shit.....if the the story really continues with 2 more albums this will be the craziest shit ever done.........

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I understand what exactly he doing with the story

Them skits are whats telling the story. to me it sounds like he got caught at the begging and is in custody being questioned then the songs tells the murders and crimes he done then at the end he gets free with help from crooked cop first degree de which is gonna set up to his 2nd album coathanglastrangla album where he free and killing again. then his 3rd album manible lector will probaly be where he either change his ways or committed
Yea, maybe I posted my comment too soon. Let it soak in more.

It's a CLASSICC!

:siccness:

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
I unno wtf some you niggas are talking about. Quality wise, it's his best in that aspect. The beats are crisp, the vocals are clear, the mixing was well done. A solid professional sounding product thanks to Strange Music..Lynch came with it this time around..He's obviously snapped harder as seen on "The Season Of Da Siccness" but shit, I can deal with his style on here.

Gotta give it some more spins to see how it really sticks to me, but you can def tell there was a big budget for this album

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I think only 2-3 songs were cool. I'm not a fan of Lynch's random ramblings. If he could actually spit a sentence more often, it could be better. Some of the production was weak likewise. What I did like is that Lynch seemed hungry and raw on some songs, but the whole chemistry didn't fit together in the end.

Apr 25, 2002
i mean, its an average ass release.

im clearly in the group of people who is not a fan of where lynch has progressed with his rapping. i think there are two or three songs that have replay value and thats it. im just not a lynch fan anymore, and think he is in the pack with every other average rapper out there. which is fine, not everybody has to be fans. ill stick to playing lynch pre-1998 and you guys can keep the new stuff.

Apr 25, 2002
^ I feel you bro, I agree that his 99 and before shit as on another level. But here we are ten years later. No rapper ever sounds as good as in his glory days. Take you favorite rapper from back in the day and most of them fell of somethin terrible. This to me though is the best comeback album I have ever heard.

Ill make some comparisons to my favorite artists who released albums after the classics and lost their steam

Snoop - Last meal was the last album I could tolerate and hes had many since then
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection Last good album
Spice 1 - 1990 Sick and many many flops since then
MC Eiht - Death threatz
C-bo - Till My Casket Drops
BONE - BTNH Ressuerection
e-40 - Charlie Hustle

Those are jus a few examples...This album here is a shining example of an artist past his prime whos pulls it out and puts forth a very solid album.

Apr 25, 2002
Ill make some comparisons to my favorite artists who released albums after the classics and lost their steam

Snoop - Last meal was the last album I could tolerate and hes had many since then - Blue Carpet Treatment was a BANGIN album and he has had pretty solid releases since LM.
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection Last good album - debateable, Laugh Now, Cry later had some 10 top hits on it, and was a tight album.
Spice 1 - 1990 Sick and many many flops since then. agreed
MC Eiht - Death threatz. agreed
C-bo - Till My Casket Drops - Dropped Enemy of the State, which is arguably one of his best album - along with that West Coast Mafia album which was sick and Moment of Truth
BONE - BTNH Ressuerection - Strength and Loyalty was pretty good - and they are about to make a strong comeback (maybe)
e-40 - Charlie Hustle - this is very debateable, Breaking News was a slapper, and MGRC did very well. Not as good as the old ones, but still very good material
see above. Not all artists are dropping material that is not even close to the quality they once put out. I bet $$$ E-40 Revenue Retrieven is head and shoulders above DAAM, and he been out just as long as Lynch.

Point is, I am not wanting 1995 again, I just dont think Lynch has the talent to make relevant, replay value music anymore in 2010.

Jul 5, 2009
Blue Carpet Treatment had some cuts, Spice 1 had Immortalized and i still can't figure out why people hate that album, and Enemy of the State wasn't C-Bo's last good album, The Mobfather was. I haven't really listened to Bone in forever and E-40 still got the flows, just not the quality of music that a lot of us expect. Lynch and the rest of these artists need to go back to they old stable of producers. I understand some people like the new shit and all but I can't think of ONE rapper who puts together a classic rap track like they used to. We still bumpin shit that's like 10, 12, 15+ years old. Nobody will give a fuck about "Revenue Retrievin" in 2025.