What happened to the whole "New Bay" movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
i dont consider mgrc 2 b a hyphy album(except tell me when 2 go), but when it dropped da main stream showed interest in sum hyphy artists n none of em really put out a full length album wit new material, fumble! espescially keak, now its been almost 2yrs n every1 is sick o hearin da redundant hyphy lyrics. i thought fab n turfs cds wuz slap but they didnt get any push or distro, so it wuz 2 little 2 late. i dont consider wcv a hyphy album either, more like sum refreshing mobb shit. dudes livin da hyphy lifestyle r diggin da whole "thizz movement" but its not appealing 2 cats from other regions.

Oct 28, 2003
HyphyAintDead said:
And you are a gangster from the streets of Jokeland right? Your bias is so strong and full of malice. You must be the cousin of a rapper who knew a rapper that never met any of the New Bay artist, but didn't like them because they wasn't suckin the OG's dick and were trying to get it their own way. Because even a person who doesn't like their stance would atleast have to admit that their brand of mcing is a much better look for BAY music than Ohhhhhh let's say...Berner. We had a movement of many in the BAY at one point and then it went to Hyphy which turned into E-40 presents hyphy to E-40 is the only dude really eating off of Hyphy. His son will be the only producer really eating off of hyphy and getting tracks placed with major artist. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at 40, but what was about the Bay and getting the spotlight on all of the new talent out here turned into the same situation the BAY has been in for the past 10-15 years...WHO ELSE IS GETTING CONSISTANT MAJOR NATION WIDE SHINE BESIDES SHORT AND 40? We fell into the same funk, but now insted of 40, that Bay Mobb music and Short doin his thang...it has become 40, that hyphy movement and Short still doin his pimp thang. The BAy is in the same fuckin whole it tried so hard to crawl out of and the same niggas is eattin while the rest of the Bay is trying to get some crumbs.
Good points.

Apr 30, 2007
what happened to the "new" bay movement????it became the "old" bay movement and fell the fuck off with all the rest of these retarted ass so called movement niggaz is tryna pull these dayz

Sep 8, 2005
HyphyAintDead said:
And you are a gangster from the streets of Jokeland right? Your bias is so strong and full of malice. You must be the cousin of a rapper who knew a rapper that never met any of the New Bay artist, but didn't like them because they wasn't suckin the OG's dick and were trying to get it their own way. Because even a person who doesn't like their stance would atleast have to admit that their brand of mcing is a much better look for BAY music than Ohhhhhh let's say...Berner. We had a movement of many in the BAY at one point and then it went to Hyphy which turned into E-40 presents hyphy to E-40 is the only dude really eating off of Hyphy. His son will be the only producer really eating off of hyphy and getting tracks placed with major artist. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at 40, but what was about the Bay and getting the spotlight on all of the new talent out here turned into the same situation the BAY has been in for the past 10-15 years...WHO ELSE IS GETTING CONSISTANT MAJOR NATION WIDE SHINE BESIDES SHORT AND 40? We fell into the same funk, but now insted of 40, that Bay Mobb music and Short doin his thang...it has become 40, that hyphy movement and Short still doin his pimp thang. The BAy is in the same fuckin whole it tried so hard to crawl out of and the same niggas is eattin while the rest of the Bay is trying to get some crumbs.
u gay as fuck bra. dont hate on 40 and short cause they dont put out square shit like frontline, balance, etc. this music shit is a business. put out a hit and get yo money up

Oct 31, 2003
hitsquad said:
u gay as fuck bra. dont hate on 40 and short cause they dont put out square shit like frontline, balance, etc. this music shit is a business. put out a hit and get yo money up
His shit makes since though. You on the other hand...always and forever sound like a hater.

Oct 28, 2003
hitsquad said:
i just dont fuck wit weak shit and i tell the truth. a lot of people wasnt fuckin wit that shit thats why that new bay shit never left tha ground
A lot of people were fucking with it and THAT is what made the OG's nervious. They saw that the people was willing to make that change...and when that shift happens a new era starts. Weak or tight is a matter of opinion for the most part, but when the masses come to a matching set of opinions then it kinda becomes a truth. MOST people in the Bay got sick of the music the Bay had been putting out and they did not support it, but nothing had came to replace it or upgrade it until the people you deem as weak came along and opened the doors up for growth. "you tell the truth" no YOU tell YOUR opinion of what YOU feel is the truth...and there is a big fucking difference. I see a man or child or a childish man with a very jaded opinion of something he doesn't know about, but hates it none the less. I ask Mr or Mrs.Hitsquad...are you an artist? And if so what kind of "hits" are your "squad" making? I would love to hear your brand of musical magic.

Jun 18, 2007
hitsquad said:
You poptart are the gay ass running around with bitterness in all of your little hateful post. You need to learn to love yourself...maybe ask your mom for a hug and your father to raise your allowance up a buck or two week. I wasn't hating on Short or 40, but it is what it is and what I said is the truth...like it or not.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
the new bay wasnt a a rap group, and the media and radio and people in general made it that. it was never meant to be a fuck the o.g.'s of the bay at all. it was more like we out here trying to make it, we werent getting radio play at that time and nobody really had too much action. so we hit the mixtapes and started building. once the team came with its hot and lock smith did the battle thing doors started opening and people involved started doing their own thing. i havent talked to clyde carson in some time but i know if i reach out he would do what ever for any of the people involved with that part of his career. same as balance frontline and so on. we were all friends trying to do what we loved to do.

i feel like hyphy was a piggy back thing off of dre. i think that its is a reason for the youngsters to be cool "in the streets" and thats that. i still think good music is nessasary to win regardless of where you from or what camp you are with. i also think that new things scare people. like if one gorup of people start winning others will hate unless they can win too. see the "new bay" could have been huge for the core people it involved, but the people who didnt come with the idea or werent "winning" so to speak hated on it and tryed to make it new vs. old, when it wasnt meant to be that at all like i said before.

also hip hop/rap and streets in general being overly competitive, it always leads to small beefs, and bad situations because its hard to be on top. everyone wants that spot.

so all that to say this. i think everyone involved in the new bay from fab to frontline and back down to me and kee were all very talented and very hungry. 4 years-5 years ago it was what pushed us to do this music thing and rep the bay. it was a back bone and support system when shit wasnt going well. many plans to take over the planet were talked about none ever executed. hahahahah but im proud of all my boys who are still in it and working hard to chase their dreams.

i think the new bay was a good thing if more of the o.g.'s would have bought in and sponcered a few of us that was bustin our ass to get out there. but i will never say 40 and short dont deserve to be where they are and havent earned their spot. that who i grew up on period, as well as the rest of the "new bay" cats.

best of luck to everyone and hope everyone stays safe and ends up being very sucessfull.

Sep 8, 2005
HyphyAintDead said:
You poptart are the gay ass running around with bitterness in all of your little hateful post. You need to learn to love yourself...maybe ask your mom for a hug and your father to raise your allowance up a buck or two week. I wasn't hating on Short or 40, but it is what it is and what I said is the truth...like it or not.
we can go back and forth all day lil cuz. bottom line is that new bay shit is overwith. i still dont understand how im a hater cause i dont like backpack rap music. alot of people dont like that shit. if they did ur group probally would sell more copies

Oct 31, 2003
DUTCH-F.E said:
the new bay wasnt a a rap group, and the media and radio and people in general made it that. it was never meant to be a fuck the o.g.'s of the bay at all. it was more like we out here trying to make it, we werent getting radio play at that time and nobody really had too much action. so we hit the mixtapes and started building. once the team came with its hot and lock smith did the battle thing doors started opening and people involved started doing their own thing. i havent talked to clyde carson in some time but i know if i reach out he would do what ever for any of the people involved with that part of his career. same as balance frontline and so on. we were all friends trying to do what we loved to do.

i feel like hyphy was a piggy back thing off of dre. i think that its is a reason for the youngsters to be cool "in the streets" and thats that. i still think good music is nessasary to win regardless of where you from or what camp you are with. i also think that new things scare people. like if one gorup of people start winning others will hate unless they can win too. see the "new bay" could have been huge for the core people it involved, but the people who didnt come with the idea or werent "winning" so to speak hated on it and tryed to make it new vs. old, when it wasnt meant to be that at all like i said before.

also hip hop/rap and streets in general being overly competitive, it always leads to small beefs, and bad situations because its hard to be on top. everyone wants that spot.

so all that to say this. i think everyone involved in the new bay from fab to frontline and back down to me and kee were all very talented and very hungry. 4 years-5 years ago it was what pushed us to do this music thing and rep the bay. it was a back bone and support system when shit wasnt going well. many plans to take over the planet were talked about none ever executed. hahahahah but im proud of all my boys who are still in it and working hard to chase their dreams.

i think the new bay was a good thing if more of the o.g.'s would have bought in and sponcered a few of us that was bustin our ass to get out there. but i will never say 40 and short dont deserve to be where they are and havent earned their spot. that who i grew up on period, as well as the rest of the "new bay" cats.

best of luck to everyone and hope everyone stays safe and ends up being very sucessfull.
That's real...good post.

Jun 18, 2007
hitsquad said:
we can go back and forth all day lil cuz. bottom line is that new bay shit is overwith. i still dont understand how im a hater cause i dont like backpack rap music. alot of people dont like that shit. if they did ur group probally would sell more copies
We could... and I don't consider them backpack. I would consider Zion I as more of a backpack group and I dig some backpack shit the same way that I dig some Mobb shit. As far as "my group" I don't have one of my own, but I do support allot of groups and solo artist with what I think is talent. I am a true fan of the music and I know my limitations.

Mar 4, 2006
I think the New Bay disappeared because the pioneers didn't put their stamp of approval on it. I remember reading a Mess interview when they were asking him about the New Bay and he said something like the New Bay hasn't sold any records. I think that's what happened.

Oct 31, 2003
autistic said:
I think the New Bay disappeared because the pioneers didn't put their stamp of approval on it. I remember reading a Mess interview when they were asking him about the New Bay and he said something like the New Bay hasn't sold any records. I think that's what happened.
Didn't Mess say, "I ain't got nothin against the New Bay" in that song he did produced by EA-SKI with CLYDE CARSON on the hook????