What happened to the whole "New Bay" movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
solo out in sept. not only myself, but bootz as well starte the new bay. and the federation was linked because of bootz ties to them. we dropped the first bay mixtape by artists together. and locksmith took off with the battle thing.

me, kee, frontline, balance, mistah fab, the team, and preach martin was the original new bay and there are songs with all of us on them together to prove it, just ask gary archer and jazzy jim to dig em up cause we recorded them in there studio.

Oct 28, 2003
:eyecross:
The Evil Genius said:
"And New Bay I never heard of ya'll/heard that ya'll singhed to my nigga Ski so I gave you nerds a call"-Yukmouth from the song World War 3
How do you never hear of somebody, but you call around to talk about them and then feel the need to write about them in a song on your mix cd...makes no since.

Oct 28, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
The Bay is done commercially.

No matter what, where, when or how the label gets used, after Keak's mumbling, 40's new garbage radio flow, the ridiculous ass way we got represented on my block, the fact that people can not get into the music of any of the major bay artists without being from the Bay or cali....

We will not get another chance like we got for at least ten or 15 years. We just gotta hope good artists from the Bay can get underground and myspace buzz goin and push some units that way.
I was just thinking the same thing. The problem for the Bay now is that being weak ass fuck is equal to being hot. Kids watched Keak, Fab and 40 talking gibberish on their records like Shabopalaboopi and what not and patturned themselves after that. We still have good artist they are just being swallowed and drowned in the recent wackness of the Bay.

May 5, 2005
The Evil Genius said:
"And New Bay I never heard of ya'll/heard that ya'll singhed to my nigga Ski so I gave you nerds a call"-Yukmouth from the song World War 3
Why's yuck dissin , when luniz first came out he was not doing that hardcore shit he's doing now. He used his skills to actually rap not just always diss people.

Jan 15, 2006
that yuk verse hella old.. he said something about not feeling the new bay movement.. and then frontline came out with that what is it song kinda subliminally getting at people that hated the new bay shit.. and mess and yuk were the only ones that spoke out on it

Jan 15, 2006
RealRich said:
:eyecross:

How do you never hear of somebody, but you call around to talk about them and then feel the need to write about them in a song on your mix cd...makes no since.
it doesnt literally have to mean i never heard of your name.. it means you aint doing nothing big.

May 5, 2005
Berner said:
new bay was wack, the bay has always been on some mob shit, money making bay boys stand up,(doc is a homo thug)
I must be your father because my opinion of your garbage ass rapping really hurts your feelings. Tell your mother I'm sorry. Everybody in New Bay shits on you.

Oct 28, 2003
Berner said:
new bay was wack, the bay has always been on some mob shit, money making bay boys stand up,(doc is a homo thug)
Do you REALLY think you have a chance in the world at becoming the rapper you might think you are? Hyphy, Mobb, New Bay whatever genre or sub genre of the Bay you still fit into the wack music section of peoples mind.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Berner said:
You really think ya bars match up to locksmith? Balance? Clyde Carson? Fabby Davis? Go kick it with haji and pay for some more of ya favorit rappers verses

You need to put that in ya pipe and smoke!

Jun 18, 2007
hitsquad said:
ill listen 2 berner before i listen 2 square ass frontline, balance, etc

And you are a gangster from the streets of Jokeland right? Your bias is so strong and full of malice. You must be the cousin of a rapper who knew a rapper that never met any of the New Bay artist, but didn't like them because they wasn't suckin the OG's dick and were trying to get it their own way. Because even a person who doesn't like their stance would atleast have to admit that their brand of mcing is a much better look for BAY music than Ohhhhhh let's say...Berner. We had a movement of many in the BAY at one point and then it went to Hyphy which turned into E-40 presents hyphy to E-40 is the only dude really eating off of Hyphy. His son will be the only producer really eating off of hyphy and getting tracks placed with major artist. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at 40, but what was about the Bay and getting the spotlight on all of the new talent out here turned into the same situation the BAY has been in for the past 10-15 years...WHO ELSE IS GETTING CONSISTANT MAJOR NATION WIDE SHINE BESIDES SHORT AND 40? We fell into the same funk, but now insted of 40, that Bay Mobb music and Short doin his thang...it has become 40, that hyphy movement and Short still doin his pimp thang. The BAy is in the same fuckin whole it tried so hard to crawl out of and the same niggas is eattin while the rest of the Bay is trying to get some crumbs.

Mar 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
DUTCH-F.E said:
solo out in sept. not only myself, but bootz as well starte the new bay. and the federation was linked because of bootz ties to them. we dropped the first bay mixtape by artists together. and locksmith took off with the battle thing.

me, kee, frontline, balance, mistah fab, the team, and preach martin was the original new bay and there are songs with all of us on them together to prove it, just ask gary archer and jazzy jim to dig em up cause we recorded them in there studio.
much love to dutch,fab,balance,kaz and kee,my comment(new bay was wack) was headed toward DOC TRUTH because he posted the thread, no disrespect to none of the homies behind the movement, i fuck with the whole bay movement

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Berner said:
much love to dutch,fab,balance,kaz and kee,my comment(new bay was wack) was headed toward DOC TRUTH because he posted the thread, no disrespect to none of the homies behind the movement, i fuck with the whole bay movement
You wish-washy... Funny how you changen ya stance now.

How does doc truth, have anything to do with you hating on the new bay?

Post ya sound scans for us when ya album drops

Peace

Oct 28, 2003
hitsquad said:
when was the last time frontline or balance made a hit. or sumthin niggas really liked
Are you serious? Frontline has had hella songs that people (not just niggas) have liked. Balance had a solid album and most of the hot records coming out of the Bay has been from new artist (excluding 40 and Short). What I have noticed is that the "New Bay" artist have a more diverse skill set and crowd that follows them. When you think nation wide appeal from the Bay (and that is what we need exported out of here to re-gain some respect) The new artist know how to be mc's and commercial artist...not just regional champions. Now, the ones coming up under the Hyphy umbrella....very limited in growth and topic range.