what happened to san diego CHICANO RAP??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Besides, cholo rap is crap... 98% of all cholo rappers arent lyrically skilled whatsoever......

As a matter of fact, they got no creativity, imagination, nor substance at all!!!

That's clearly why no one cares, buys their shit, nor takes them seriously besides their homeboys, hynas, & cholos & generic narrow-minded latinos......

Jan 9, 2004
Besides, cholo rap is crap... 98% of all cholo rappers arent lyrically skilled whatsoever......

As a matter of fact, they got no creativity, imagination, nor substance at all!!!

That's clearly why no one cares, buys their shit, nor takes them seriously besides their homeboys, hynas, & cholos & generic narrow-minded latinos......
That's the real reason ALL of rap is in the shitter. I only listen to independent artists, none of that prefab shit they push on the radio or tv.

Dec 5, 2007
i think if chicano rappers would just broaden their horizons a little bit, they could be really successful and better received outside of the chicano fanbase. its just become a bit too predictable that every song we hear on the radio is something with a talkbox chorus singin about how they will treat a girl right. they need to ease up off that one for a minute cuz its not helping open peoples minds to their music. see how well lean like a cholo did?? a song about something else.. even if its random bullshit. no more love songs.. thats my advice.

Dec 25, 2003
Besides, anyone feelin these vatos by any means:

Mister D
Scrappy Loco
Mobster
Huero Snipes
Dreams
Dreamer
Spooks
Siccmade
Big Young
Bizzy B
Mr. Criminal
Mister One
Old Town Gangsters
Spanish Fly
OG Spanish Fly
Lil Sicko
Ant Dog
Payaso
Travieso
The Dukes Click
Lil Blacky
?????? LOL at some of those names tho...

Feb 10, 2006
what is so funny is that if you listen to someone like Mr. Shadow or Lil Rob, then listen to someone like The Game, you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference as far as lyrical content is concerned. just remember that when you see all these rappers in dickies and flannels with a white t on ridin in a lolo, that it all started from the cholo.

May 25, 2005

Mister D
Scrappy Loco
Mobster
Huero Snipes
Dreams
Dreamer
Spooks
Siccmade
Big Young
Bizzy B
Mr. Criminal
Mister One
Old Town Gangsters
Spanish Fly
OG Spanish Fly
Lil Sicko
Ant Dog
Payaso
Travieso
The Dukes Click
Lil Blacky
Big Young aka Youngstah is pretty tight imo. Love that first album, not so much the second. I'd still check a thrid one out.
And Mr.Criminal is acceptable. I bump alot of his shit.
Ant Dog is cool from what I heard but I'd like to hear a solo before I can fully judge. If I bump anything from anyone else on that list, its strictly the beat that made me do it. He could have the tightest beat in the world, but I'm still never fuckin with Mr.D lol.

Apr 26, 2006
I SAW THIS VIDEO ON MTVJAMS MORE THAN ANY RAP VIDEO I SEEN COME OUTTA DIEGO
Yeah that one and the other "Bring out the freak in you." Summer Nights is a well done song, but the other one is str8 up WACK.

The Rap game is just wack all around period right now, don't matter if it's cholo rappers, black, white, whatever the fuck, it's all wack for the most part.

Apr 26, 2006
ima go bump ice cubes "death certificate" so it can remind me just how fucking lame & dead the rap game is these dayz...
Then I'll probably go bump some Brotha Lynch Season of Da Siccness and Mr. Doc Set Trippn' Bloccstyle to remind me how fucking Gay Nor Cal has gone as well.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i like chicano rap.....i feel that shit....im from sd so to me mexican/spanish culture is represented and respected as a part of sd culture...i like mr shadows shit and slush the villian and s.a.d and lil one....i even like some of that la shit like conejo and psycho realm

its not as lyrical usually but they still come with deep ass topics and some spit

if you tight you tight i dont see that color boundary between brown and black in music

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
LOL @ making fun of ''cholo'' rappers names, with names like Lil Boosie, Webbie, Nelly, Lil Flipper, Baby, Juelz, Lil Bow Wow, Master P, Silkk, etc in the game...smh.

The same points being made about the ''chicano'' (which somehow = cholo, based on how this thread has gone) can be made about ALL rap these days.

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM

Mister D
Scrappy Loco
Mobster
Huero Snipes
Dreams
Dreamer
Spooks
Siccmade
Big Young
Bizzy B
Mr. Criminal
Mister One
Old Town Gangsters
Spanish Fly
OG Spanish Fly
Lil Sicko
Ant Dog
Payaso
Travieso
The Dukes Click
Lil Blacky
SICC MADE IS THE HOMIE. I KNOW CUZ HE USED TO BE ON SICKO RECORDS MOST OF YALL THINK HE'S A CHICANO RAPPER, BUT TRUTH OF THE MATTER HE IS A WHITE AND NATIVE AMERICAN CAT WITH SPIT. AND OUTTA THAT WHOLE LIST U MENTIONED I ONLY DIG THA SICKO CAMP AND A LIMITED AMOUNT OF MR. CRIMINAL.

May 25, 2005
^^sounds like my choices out the list...and about siccmade, i always wondered that shit. I guess the affiliation with uno and youngstah is gonna give you a first impression like that. Like Techniec be puerto rican, but he lets that shit be known, dude seems ultra proud.