what happened to san diego CHICANO RAP??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
it ain't about cholo rap, it's rap in general. nobody is buying shit so all the local shit gets squashed by all the mainstream shit that ain't selling as much, either. so, since SD is considered the capital of cholo rap, then it may seem as if it died out. oh yeah, sicc and al are from vST 38st.

Aug 15, 2002
FUCK THAT! WHAT HAPPENED TO AZTEC TRIBE? THEY USED TO RUN CHICANO RAP IN DAGO FOR A MIN. REPPIN PE ACHE. THEY NEED TO GET BACK TOGETHER AND DROP A CLASSIC.
haha damn i havent seen those fools mentioned in forever...all the homies used to bump that Straight From the Zone or that song that went "diegotown thats it my man..home to all us crazy mexicans" or some shit

May 25, 2005
Lil One is one of my fav rappers of all time...
Shadow keeps puttin out wack ass compilations...
Young Siccs last album is cool, but it aint no Spread The Word...
Knightowl lost all crdeibility, and i never thought he was that good of a rapper. Thank god for VMF and Chris Gunn...
Lil Rob is gettin mad fucked by his new label. His new shit was supposed to come out 2 years ago...
Low Pro aint doin shit, which is wack in the sense that, thats where i could get a dose of Fingazz on talbox, and VMF production...
Man when people are sayin Dago chicano rap was the shit back in the day, the main thing I think was Steve Vicious production. Alot of people had their albums completely produced by him from 98 to 2002.

May 25, 2005
@enserio...i have a new track by lil one and shadow thats on a compilation that pr records put out under Mr.Lil Ones name, but he said anything that isnt Lil Uno now isnt legit. The track is alright, passable.

Dec 5, 2007
Lil One is one of my fav rappers of all time...
Shadow keeps puttin out wack ass compilations...
Young Siccs last album is cool, but it aint no Spread The Word...
Knightowl lost all crdeibility, and i never thought he was that good of a rapper. Thank god for VMF and Chris Gunn...
Lil Rob is gettin mad fucked by his new label. His new shit was supposed to come out 2 years ago...
Low Pro aint doin shit, which is wack in the sense that, thats where i could get a dose of Fingazz on talbox, and VMF production...
Man when people are sayin Dago chicano rap was the shit back in the day, the main thing I think was Steve Vicious production. Alot of people had their albums completely produced by him from 98 to 2002.
hes still workin with them high powered guys right now i think

G-ro

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2002
the only reason why I bought chicano rap cds, and still checking some of them releases hoping to find VMF music on.

Apr 26, 2006
This song by Mr. Shadow is dope:

That classic WestCoast sound.

I like this song, but are Shadow and Lil Rob, borderline Satanicos? :(

How about Dyablo? Fool gets down. Fucker is hella fast and has good rhythm.

Dope shit