What do y'all do when you hear gunshots?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I know some of y'all are in the burbs so you don't hear it that often, but with the 4th of july coming Oakland seems to get hella trigger happy. I woke up to about 6 gunshots this morning that were hella close. they were fired together and noone was screaming or anything afterwards so it was probably just shots in the air. me? I usually wait till all the shots stop and I hear a car take off before looking outside. I don't wanna be a witness. damn, that sounds hella bad, that I got a "usual" thing i do when I hear gunshots :ermm:

Jan 5, 2006
away from doors, windows, stay down.. i was at my cuzzo's house once when i was like 8.. and some dudes shot up his house couple of bullets made it all the way thru the house and to the backyard fence.

Mar 12, 2005
I duck, I live in the suburbs but it's also one block away from the projects. I'm used to the projects, ghetto, and shit like that and gunshots. But I also learned to duck and never be stupid and go check out what's going on. I remember my moms friend died from a drive by because instead of ducking she checked through the window and the moment she checked she got a bullet straight through the forehead.

Jun 5, 2004
uhh well ive never had shots ring out in front of my house. i dont live in the burbs its just like apartments but my place is kinda tucked away all the way in the back. when ive stayed at my familys house in tulare ive heard shots a couple times. but i didnt go outside to see...

but one time at the park and we all heard shots from close as fuck. and we didnt really hit the floor but we like got down and look the fuck out. u gotta just look around, and hope the shots aint aimed at you. and dont try to be a bad ass and stand tall and be looking for shit out in the open thats how u catch a bullet

Nov 1, 2005
What do y'all do when you hear gunshots?
usually listen for screeching tires afterwards.then i'll go outside to see if any drama unfolds..if not,its usually sum1 firing in the air...matter of fact,heard sum gunshots sat. night..guess sum1 busted at the lapd..they never found out who it was,but i had to listen to the g.bird for half the night.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
WAIT TILL I HEAR TIRES SCREACHING AND THEN PEEK OUTSIDE..CONTINUE MY NIGHT....

THERE WAS SHOOT OUT BEHIND MY PARENTS PAD LASK WEEK.. MY BRO WAS CHILLING SMOKING IN THE BACK YARD THEN HE HEARS." WHATS UP NOW!" BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP. "YEAH MUTHA FUCKA" BLAPBLAPBLAPBLAP. TIRES SCREACHING CARS PASSING.. AND HE WAS LEANING ON THE WALL WHERE THE STREET IS AND HE DIDNT EVEN PEEK OVER HE JUST CHILLED FOR A FEW MIN AND WENT IN SIDE. LIKE WTF?...HE LIVES IN A BRAND NEW HOUSING DEVELOPMENT WITH 3 SHERIFFS LIVING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.. NOTHING EVER HAPPENS THERE TILL NOW ANYWAYS.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I had one instance where I was coming home with my son one night and I took him out of his car seat and as I was pulling out his bag I heard shots. that was the scariest thing for me, just cuz he started he was walking towards the house. I swooped him up and ran to the side of the house and waited till I didn't hear shit. he had a confused look on his face and was asking what the sound was :ermm:

Mar 12, 2005
I have a homie from Oakland that moved to Stockton a few years ago. Mother fuckers out there have no sense of mercy or don't even have a thought process. Mother fucker told me when he was young his cousins and uncle would teach him how to shoot in case another 8 year old would come at him. Stupid shit, Killing mother fuckers over petty shit aint gangstah or hard, it means you're a pussy. Killing foos to survive is one thing, killing foos over nada is another.

Real gangstah shit is fighting with the hands. Come with the shoulders and not the holsters feel me?!!

Defy, Glad you and your son are alive bro!

Nov 20, 2005
Defy said:
I had one instance where I was coming home with my son one night and I took him out of his car seat and as I was pulling out his bag I heard shots. that was the scariest thing for me, just cuz he started he was walking towards the house. I swooped him up and ran to the side of the house and waited till I didn't hear shit. he had a confused look on his face and was asking what the sound was :ermm:
see thats allllllllllll bad...

~k.