WHAT DO U THINK BAY ALBUMS ARE MISSING?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 20, 2002
BALANCE 2K2 said:
what do u think albums now and days are missing?

where do u think bay area albums could improve?
I think Production is there we just need more individualism now. Too many dudes jumpin on the Hyphy bandwagon or following the next best thing. We need another crew like Digital Underground or Hiero to open up the game a bit more. We need folks to take some chances that their music is not going to be bumped in Scrapers at the Sideshow and get creative.

Nov 8, 2004
www.turfquake.com
most albums (not just bay area albums)
sound like MIXTAPES

just a whole bunch of songs thrown together.. nothing really tyings all of the songs together.. ALBUMS.. should have that gel

like yall said

THE JACK ARTIST was a complete ALBUM
production sed the tone for the album.. and jacka did his thing
the tracks seemed like they should have all been on the same project

most albums (esPECIALLY bay area albums)
have... hyphy song hyphy song gangsta song gangsta song weak ass attempt as a love song etc etc.

maybe that has to do with 80% of the people releasing cds being rappers ONLY.. instead of being complete artists who can hold a fans attention

Apr 1, 2002
Singers on the hooks, GOOD SINGERS. Basically what Mr. Sinatra said except for that hyphy part. More keyboards and guitars on the beats not some digitalized beats made from fruity loops. More storytelling like Dank said not none of I'm this or that shit. Visualization with the pen, like dank said once again. More versatility not no monotone voice, rappin with no rhythms in shit. Rap with the beat, make more melodies with the raps.

Apr 25, 2002
damn y'all really want substance?
here's a sneak peak

as kids we could imagine buildin a mansion from rocks
who woulda known we was right, with crack in our socks/
guns ambush liek a jack in the box
i remember i'm supposed to meet my mans at the spot/
soon as i rolled on the street, i seen an ambulance stop
couldn't hear it, my beats so high, it gave los angeles shocks/
i quiet the ignition, stop goes the sound of 2 pac
my eyes water up i seen my mans had been shot/
you see my and my crew of hustlers, had some ambitious plots
when anybody beefed with us, we let the hammers go pop/
life is like a movie, but the camera's not
hear the directors the grim reaper, got his hands in our plot/
i walk through the crowd, and see em layin in shock
i tell em revenge is tomorrow, makin damn sure they drop/
told em pretend, it's a dream, take whatever you got
imagine a place we live without hearin the sounds of the cops/
and everyone of our heroe's is there handin em props
told em the body leaves, but the man never stops/
answer every question his son can never ask of his pops
and keep my arms out, to catch em through life's hazardous drops/
i'll be the first to throw a rose in when the casket goes drop
and every blunt i smokes for you when chillin down at the docks/
i'll console his mother, for days after the wake, no if nots
so when i come ya way potna, make sure the gate isn't locked/
then his heart beat like crazy, after a minute it stopped
the emergncy technicians, started deliverin shocks/
his bodies shakin like a fish that got stranded on rocks
and the hour glass, no longer had any sand at the top/
blood managed to damage his clothes the flow wouldn't stop
though he's no longer alive still pourin outta the spot/
one second ya body develops the next minute it rots
every hustla on the block can call the devil his pops/

Dec 30, 2003
i think u need to hit every element of peoples ears right now... as of now... people want.. some club vibe/// lovey dovey type shit//// gangsta shit... all that... not just one album of all club hits or watever....

but the thing is club hits usually attract everyones attention first..... but if u add all them other types of music.. people will buy ur cd and listen to the rest of it and say... dam this person is a real all around rapper... imma buy his next album to see wat he/she got next....

i think i made sense on that. if i didnt lemme know its 5:30 am i just got off work and im dead tired...

djgo

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2005
all of the above... production, creativity, R&B... different types of genres and topics of each track... more lyrical shit... if Source or any big hip hop magazine would rank bay albums... it'll be nothing but average or below average... and 2-3 mics aint shit to get enough recognition

May 4, 2005
Im say the production has gotten off track...Like people said get some Tone Capone or studio Tone..... Rick Rock and Droop-E but there are way too many other cats tryna make beats that sound like a 1980's video game.... Another thing i think is some of the lyrics are gettin way too fucked up... example" Show me the deer foot" I cant bump that shit...

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Gotta be better production. Theres alot of good production but when I put in a CD and it has some songs with tight beats some with weak beats. The weak ass beats get skipped everytime. Listen for that garbage shit you wouldn't bump yourself and replace that. Also I'm feelin hyphy shit and mobb shit thats whats up.

Apr 13, 2005
This is a deep question.

I'm not an artist but from a fan/consumer type perspective. I gotta say what I think its missing is a fresh approach. Dont just go in and make music. Actually think out who what is going to appeal too. Not just this is my club song, girl song, street song. REally think of making a consistent coherent album. 3 of best albums out the bay in my opinion are illegal business, spice 1 and in a major way and all of these albums just flowed from beginning to end.

Also dont be afraid to listen to the greats and figure out their approach. the albums i spoke on above and shit like death certificate, it takes a nation of millions and me against the world aint classics for no reason. study how these cats really put it down and make it work for you