WHAT DO U THINK BAY ALBUMS ARE MISSING?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Good skits. Song that mean shit....Good Stories. Too many I'm This and I'm That songs. I don't care who is what. I want the lyricist to take my mind away and visualize something different. Paint a picture with your pen. Also, tired of the Lil Jon and Scott Storch beat rip offs.........Hyphy shit maybe tiresome to alot of people, but I don't care cause right now, it's OURS: The Bay, until other coasts rip it off.....so, no, I'm not tired of HYPHY shit cause it's US! Ayye!

Sep 27, 2004
DankSinatra said:
Good skits. Song that mean shit....Good Stories. Too many I'm This and I'm That songs. I don't care who is what. I want the lyricist to take my mind away and visualize something different. Paint a picture with your pen. Also, tired of the Lil Jon and Scott Storch beat rip offs.........Hyphy shit maybe tiresome to alot of people, but I don't care cause right now, it's OURS: The Bay, until other coasts rip it off.....so, no, I'm not tired of HYPHY shit cause it's US! Ayye!
Well said...need some Cold World Huslters and old Mac Mall type shit...storytelling type shit you can visualize...only guy close to doing that right now is A-Wax...

Nov 1, 2005
I agree with a lot of tha posts. The bay albums need a variety of sounds, not juss hyphy. I think a variety of producers with different sounds, and rappers rapin about somethin besides going dumb. We can have our hyphy sound but show that we can have many sounds...

Feb 8, 2003
Now I'm in Cincinnati and I support underground bay artist every chance I get bc I like new music that isn't on the radio and that everyone plays. But I will admit I was dissappointed on alot of bay albums that dropped this year. Messy Marv & Ya Boys new joints are the best thing since Nautica Sweats. To answer the question the thing tahts missing is Features and Producers from other artist from different coasts. Everytime I put a album out I make sure I have producers from all over the world on it.

These albums I'm listing below are imo really tight and I bump every chance I get.

YA BOY : ROOKIE OF DA YEAR
MESSY MARV : SCRAPPERS, STUNNA, & WHITE TEES
SEAN T : AIN'T PLAYIN
AP -9 : BODY SHOTS
THE JACKA : THE JACK ARTIST
KILLA KEISE : TURFED OUT

Nov 2, 2005
^hell yeah the young nigg jack doin it

jack artist is some shit i cant see nobody hate on, from the west, to the east, to the south..

alot of the reason bein is because of the beats

dont get it twisted tho jack my nigg lyrically he a monstah that aint what i mean

but im sayin the beats is what made it that much better you feel me

THATs what i think some bay albums is missin

better/consistent production all the way thru

some niggz be havin a couple raw ass beats

then fuck round and have some shit they got from some $2 producer on myspace and shit

Sep 29, 2004
I THINK THE BAY ALBUMS LACK BIG NAME FEATURES. MESSY IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THAT.

BUT YEA GET INTO CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO IS ON SOME MAJOR SHIT AND VIBE WITH THEM CREATIVELY. DONT JUST DO WHAT YOU THINK IS HOT LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE INDUSTRY FROM THESE BIG NAME FOLKS.

ALSO THE BAY NEEDS TO MAKE THEIR 16's WAY BETTER, SPEND MORE TIME ON YOUR VERSES MAN. MAKE SURE IT HAS MAJOR MAJOR MASS APPEAL.

HOW YOU THINK CHRIS BROWN BLEW UP. HE GOT SCOTT STORCH AND JUELZ SANTANA ON HIS FIRST FUCKIN SINGLE. HE FROM VIRGINIA. SO, DO IT BIG THINK BIG AND YOU"ll GET BIG