What City Runs the North West *Music/Rap*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2003
JUS GO OFF WHO IS HOT RIGHT NOW... AND THE WINNER IS JAKE ONE!

VIDEO IN ROTATION ON MTV, MAJOR PRODUCTION CREDITS FOR MANY ARTISTS IN THE MAINSTREAM INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW!

how many regular ass crocodile dun-dee muthafuckas know who jake one is though? or know he's from the great northwest? i guarantee nobody that i know has ever heard of him. Unless you're really into this, and the northwest scene, then you probably know of him. but most people arent. I'm not hatin either, I'm just sayin

what's the video on MTV??

Dec 5, 2007
how many regular ass crocodile dun-dee muthafuckas know who jake one is though? or know he's from the great northwest? i guarantee nobody that i know has ever heard of him. Unless you're really into this, and the northwest scene, then you probably know of him. but most people arent. I'm not hatin either, I'm just sayin

"the truth" ft. freeway and brother ali.

Apr 25, 2002
Washington's got 220K black people, Oregon's got 63K black people.

We should be dominating them!!!!!!

^ Only half serious there, Portland's got some immensely talented people, my favorites being Cool Nutz, Syko & his associates, Mackin' Rob, Maniac Lok, NonStop, Blu Crush, F.D., Kenny Mack and of course Bosko & Tory Ward making quality beats.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
out of 6,395,798, 1.6% black aint really much to brag about.... (2006 census)

the nw as a whole = white as plain paper... so lets not get in a pissing match as to who has more.. cause we all barely got any..

and i know you were joking, but a white person pulling the black card = ironic..

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
the city (unincorporated) that i stay in now is almost 90% black.. the metro is a lil over 55%, and state side is 29%... so goin back home, you realize how much the black community is torn apart and needs to be brought back together somehow, cause i dont remember it being so sparsely scattered throughout the cities (portland/seattle) when i was younger

Jun 3, 2006

i know who is factors is up your way, except you......dont quit that warehouse job homie

Apr 25, 2002
out of 6,395,798, 1.6% black aint really much to brag about.... (2006 census)

the nw as a whole = white as plain paper... so lets not get in a pissing match as to who has more.. cause we all barely got any..

and i know you were joking, but a white person pulling the black card = ironic..
True and true. Oregon 1.6%, Washington 3.4%, California 6.2%, it all pales in comparison to most of the rest of the country.

The last part though, I don't get. Pointing out a demographic difference isn't pulling any kind of card, it's just connecting a reality of the industry to the two areas we're discussing. I'm not saying because of that gap in 2.8 percent (and about 150K in absolute numbers) white people in WA or black people in WA are any different from those in Oregon, it's just that the more there are the better the chances.

Apr 25, 2002
seattle metro also has the second highest gay and lesbian population... so yall should be GIVIN it to us huh??? oh wait.. no homo
You're right, can't disagree with you, there is a connection: If you're looking for something that requires (not by rule but in practice) that particular demographic, then you're absolutely right, Seattle would be a better place to go looking than Portland.

Apr 25, 2002
the city (unincorporated) that i stay in now is almost 90% black.. the metro is a lil over 55%, and state side is 29%... so goin back home, you realize how much the black community is torn apart and needs to be brought back together somehow, cause i dont remember it being so sparsely scattered throughout the cities (portland/seattle) when i was younger
I'm guessing you're staying in one of the many black suburbs south of the city of Atlanta. Very ripe region for talent of all kinds, people don't realize that a lot of the rappers who've historically and currently rep ATL aren't actually even from inside the city limits. I'm not saying it matters, in many cases the conditions they describe are no different if not worse, it's just a small detail.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
True and true. Oregon 1.6%, Washington 3.4%, California 6.2%, it all pales in comparison to most of the rest of the country.

The last part though, I don't get. Pointing out a demographic difference isn't pulling any kind of card, it's just connecting a reality of the industry to the two areas we're discussing. I'm not saying because of that gap in 2.8 percent (and about 150K in absolute numbers) white people in WA or black people in WA are any different from those in Oregon, it's just that the more there are the better the chances.
theres a huge gap in populous as well....

seattle metro has about 1.5 million more people then portland metro, and then you have small numbers of black people in olympia/metro, spokane/metro and even vancouver(which is a direct runoff from portland) while oregon only has a black community in portland/metro... u may find a few in college towns, but its slim pickens after that... so washington as a whole SHOULD have more black people... were comparing portland metro, 2.5+ mill, to seattle/tacoma/spokane/olympia/etc at 6.4+mill.. of course theres gonna be more...

but "the more you have the better the chances" is a fucked up comment in itself... lol... what do you feel when you see news of someone (black) being murdered? is it cool cause theres another stat to have on hand in case the "which city b blappin more niggas" thread pops up??

its not a rag on you, plus i dont know you from a cup o noodles, but are you in these black areas? like living, paying section 8 rent,
hearing the gunshots,
seeing your patnas heads spilt on the concrete,
gettin shot/grazed/barely missed,
having to shoot cats in survival,
eatin off of 300 in food stamps tryna make it stretch,
smokin and drinkin so much you forget how fucked up life is?

or do you just collect the data??

cause i dont know about you, but me and my niggas is the stat stuffers, not the score keepers... so i know first hand about the 3.4/1.6 you always bring up.... thats what i was pointing out... those numbers are real to me