What cell phone carrier should I switch to?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
My AT&T contract just ended and I'm thinking about switching to something else. I'm looking for the service that has the best unlimited minutes and text plan... i don't need any internet or email shit. Also one with decent phones available (AT&T phones suck, except iPhone), preferably a slide phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Any suggestions?

Feb 15, 2006
faster, better, and cheaper data transfer with pretty good reception: sprint

slower internet, more expensive data, pretty good reception, more free minutes b.c of bigger network: at&t

unlimited minutes, no reception: getro

choose what you like best and how you will use it. im on my PPC all day surfin, streaming, textin...so sprint suits me best.

Nov 20, 2005
sprint customer service = will make u regret you ever went to sprint.

sprint/nextel coverage/network = will make u love them.

its a catch 22 with sprint.

no problems with at&t so far.

~k.

Feb 15, 2006
sprint customer service = will make u regret you ever went to sprint.

sprint/nextel coverage/network = will make u love them.

its a catch 22 with sprint.

no problems with at&t so far.

~k.
good call. although i have never needed to call customer service for myself, thank god. but working for sprint, those bastards can be a hassle.

Apr 25, 2002
Best Buy has free Blackberrys for T-Mobile right now.they got a qwerty keyboard. i stay in modesto now so i was only gettin 1 or 2 bars so i returned it cus my Metro gets 5 bars. in stockton you can get 5 bars so it depends where your at.i saw there coverage map and theres parts in the east bay where its all bad.........plus they got the shit where you pick 5 people and talk for free.........and you can change it once a month.........

May 16, 2002
NOT VERIZON.

Out of Sprint, Verizon & AT&T, Sprint was the best by far, AT&T was decent, and Verizon has been horrible.
My babies mama got Sprint (once) and son of a bitches called back a few days later talking about, her $200.00 check bounced. Thing is, she paid cash and they were at a loss for words when she showed up with a receipt. They started to add a shit load of bullshit charges and in the end, they came out with bullshit calls that we're never made from the phones. Racking up the first months bill to $600.00! And phones were hardley used.

Sprint has to be the most unorganized and the shittiest cell phone company I know. And that's also coming from other users on Sprint who later laughed at the situation my babies mama had gone through, cause they had simular or worse horror stories to tell from Sprint.

Any other service, yeah here and there...I won't argue. They have somewhat of a good / great plan / phones etc etc, but far as Sprint goes...HELL NO!

Apr 7, 2006
A few weeks back I switched to at&t for my blackberry. But I kept metro cause its cheap and I've had that number forever. So I forward from metro to my bb.

You really can't go wrong with metro unless you travel out of state often.
Aye if you ever go up McKee to the area by Save Mart... check to see if your bars pull a vanishing act... My reception with AT&T is non-existent over there, but my folks' metro phones get perfect reception!