UFC 148

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2007

July 7, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Announced Bouts

The following fights have been confirmed by UFC.com, but not yet added to the Official Fight Card.
Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
Middleweight bout: Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
Welterweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Ivan Menjivar
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Fabrício Camões
Middleweight bout: Constantinos Philippou vs. Riki Fukuda
Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
hella chill: andy-chael, faber-cruz, barao-menjivar, philippou-riki
kinda chill: ace-cungle, maia-stun gun, melvin-camoes
not very chill at all: forrest-tito, bisping-boetsch, tiblanket-khabib

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Andy went off today on the conference call. Soares toned down the translation so here's what he really said.

http://www.tatame.com/2012/06/25/Spider-Sonnen-is-a-criminal-a-scumbag

For some months, Anderson Silva has silently been listening to Chael Sonnen’s provocations. However, this Monday, on a phone press conference, the UFC middleweight champion talked his mind out. Curiously, the American did not poke him back.

Anderson is fighting the sorehead on July 7th, in Las Vegas, at UFC 148, and said harsh things, promissing to finish his opponent violently.

“Sonnen is the sport’s slag. He doesn’t deserve to be in the UFC. He has legal problems, he’s a jerk. I’ll kick his ass. I’ll rip every one of his teeth off”, said Spider, completing. “Who lives from the past are museum guys. I don’t live in the past. I’ll kick his ass. No more kidding, no more trashtalking. He’s going down and I’ll hit him like he’s never been hit before. All of the times he didn’t get beaten up by his mama and papa are coming back to him now”.

Choking with Sonnen’s declarations, Anderson Silva decided to use the American’s tactic and kept on threatening, clamming he will only leave the octagon carried on a hospital gurney.

“He’s gonna get hurt. He’ll swallow his teeth. After I spank him people will get frightened. I’ll do something no one has ever done in the UFC: I’ll break his face, his arms and legs. He’s gonna get carried on a gurney. It’s a professional fight but I’ll tear him apart. He’s gonna learn to respect the country that created the sport. He’s a criminal, a scumbag, a piece of crap. He’s not saying one bit of other fighters anymore. It ends here and now. No more jokes”.