UFC 143

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
if they say its anything but teh marijuanas then you know its some bullshit to squash the rematch. a rematch i find pointless anyway. would rather see nick retire as a martyr. this sport is losing its soul, just like boxing.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
succs if nicc is found dirty with weed, still its only weed but now he can suspended up to a year, if not a year than six months...

Nov 7, 2006
oh well Condit vs GSP now I guess. I'm happy they atleast tried to make it right. i personally think the Condit/GSP fight ill be a good one so I cant wait to see it, better than nothing.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
yea better than nothing but still not better than diaz condit II then after diaz wins a showdown with st pierre that everone wants to see

in all it might be good for diaz in a weird way, he gets the rest that he wants and alot more time in the gym to work on a different way to approach the bacc peddaling condit

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana metabolites, faces discipline following UFC 14

Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz may ultimately fight again someday, but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Former Strikeforce champion Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his controversial five-round clash with former WEC titleholder Condit at this past weekend's UFC 143 event.

That's according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, who today emailed the event's drug-testing results to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Diaz was one of 18 fighters on the card tested for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The remaining tests received to date have thus far all been negative.

Diaz will ultimately have to appear before the NSAC to address the failed screen. Barring a successful appeal, the offense will serve as Diaz's second infraction under the commission's watch. Diaz also tested positive for marijuana following a 2007 win over Takanori Gomi at PRIDE 33. Diaz was suspended for six months for that offense, and the result of the bout was changed to a no-contest.

This past Saturday at UFC 143, Condit earned a unanimous decision over Diaz to become the UFC interim welterweight champion and set a fight with undisputed champ Georges St-Pierre sometime this year. The pay-per-view event took place this past Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Diaz said he would retire shortly after the decision was handed down. UFC president Dana White then said he would understand if Diaz wanted to retire but also entertained the possibility of a rematch with Condit as St-Pierre healed from the torn ACL that scratched his scheduled meeting with Diaz and this past Saturday's event.

However, the potential rematch was quickly nixed by Diaz's camp, who declined to speculate as to the reason.

Diaz and his camp have yet to comment on the test result

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
FROM NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer and a lil from Dana

Among the possible punishments Diaz faces, Kizer said the commission could levy fines, suspend him, as well as revoke or place conditions on the license.

"In the past, the norm for a positive test for marijuana is six months, but we have had two repeat offenders and they both got a 12-month suspension," he said. "But that doesn't necessarily mean that's what will happen here."

UFC president Dana White issued a brief official statement but did not comment specifically on the UFC's plans for Diaz.

"I am beyond disappointed that he tested positive for marijuana," White stated. "It is now in the hands of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.”

Feb 12, 2004
As much as this sucks I really think Nick should retire from MMA. I feel like his mental state is just so fucking weird. He is so awkward and can't handle the pressure and duties that come with being a pro fighter. He could EASILY live off the money he's made from MMA(if he saved it) and his BJJ school in lodi. His brother seems to be the opposite as he can handle the pressure and "plays the game" as Dana would say. It sucks because Nick is fucking awesome, but it's probably what's best for him. This way he doesn't have to deal with any of the stress and can smoke/teach/eat organic food all day.

Oct 27, 2008
As much as this sucks I really think Nick should retire from MMA. I feel like his mental state is just so fucking weird. He is so awkward and can't handle the pressure and duties that come with being a pro fighter. He could EASILY live off the money he's made from MMA(if he saved it) and his BJJ school in lodi. His brother seems to be the opposite as he can handle the pressure and "plays the game" as Dana would say. It sucks because Nick is fucking awesome, but it's probably what's best for him. This way he doesn't have to deal with any of the stress and can smoke/teach/eat organic food all day.
i agree with what you're saying, & at the same time i'd like to see him retire as a martyr for the sport & what it used to be. when these points-based "safe" game plans become more & more common, & eventually the norm, we'll have reached the point where MMA-- as an art form & expression of raw & pure competition-- has lost its soul.

fuck it, i dont even wanna think about that right now though..