UFC 143

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2007

February 4, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Main card
Interim Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Scott Jorgensen
Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks

FX Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Welterweight bout: Matt Riddle vs. Jorge Lopez
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
Welterweight bout: Justin Edwards vs. Mike Stumpf
Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway

Sep 22, 2007
'UFC Primetime: Diaz vs. Condit' Premieres Later This Month
By Ariel Helwani

UFC 143's main event -- Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit -- will get the "Primetime" treatment later this month on FX and FUEL TV.

According to a network official, the UFC Primetime: Diaz vs. Condit series, will premiere Friday, Jan. 20, at 11:00 p.m. ET on FX, following UFC on FX: Miller vs. Guillard. The second episode will premiere the following week on Jan. 27 at the same time, while the third and final episode will air Feb. 3, just 24 hours before the pay-per-view event.

Replays of the show will air Jan. 24, Jan. 31 and Feb. 4 on FUEL TV.

UFC 143 airs Saturday, Feb. 4, from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

This will mark the eighth installment of "UFC Primetime." The multi-part series, which launched in Jan. 2009 for the Georges St-Pierre vs. BJ Penn rematch at UFC 94, made its debut on FOX in November to promote the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos heavyweight title fight.

UFC Primetime will follow Condit and Diaz for three straight weeks as they prepare to fight for the UFC interim welterweight title.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
someone educate me on Condit. What type of fighter is he, how good do you think he is, etc.
Carlos Condit is basically a kick boxer who also has a great Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu submission game. He has one punch KO power also, one of the most entertaining fighters you could watch.

[video=youtube;qfaVg17W8PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfaVg17W8PA[/video]

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
yeah Condit's like a kickboxer version of Nick. He's a little underrated because he lost his first fight in the UFC to Kampmann which was a close one, then won a decision where he got his ass kicked against Ellenberger, then got the shit kicked out of him by Rory MacDonald for about 12 minutes but came back and won the fight with 7 seconds left. But his next fight he KO'd Dan Hardy who was coming off a title fight, and then KO'd Stun Gun Kim who was undefeated and seemed like the Korean GSP at the time. He's a top 5-6ish fighter but since he looked bad those first 3 fights in the UFC people have always been skeptical if he's champion material.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
UFC makes official UFC 143 program available for free viewing

For the first time, UFC officials are offering a free version of its event-night program.

An e-version of this weekend's UFC 143 program, which feature headliners and interim-title fighters Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, is now available online.

Check it out at ufc.com/program.

UFC 143 takes place Saturday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. In addition to Diaz vs. Condit, the pay-per-view event features Roy Nelson vs. Farbicio Werdum and Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce. Prelims on FX and Facebook precede the night's PPV broadcast.

The UFC 143 program is 35 pages long and features full-color photography of fighters, officials and ring girls. UFC president Dana White penned the welcome letter.

Print versions of the program still will be available at the arena on fight night.

Feb 14, 2006

For the first time, UFC officials are offering a free version of its event-night program.

An e-version of this weekend's UFC 143 program, which feature headliners and interim-title fighters Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, is now available online.

Check it out at ufc.com/program.

UFC 143 takes place Saturday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. In addition to Diaz vs. Condit, the pay-per-view event features Roy Nelson vs. Farbicio Werdum and Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce. Prelims on FX and Facebook precede the night's PPV broadcast.

The UFC 143 program is 35 pages long and features full-color photography of fighters, officials and ring girls. UFC president Dana White penned the welcome letter.

Print versions of the program still will be available at the arena on fight night.
I feel retarded. I read the title and thought streaming the event was going to be hella easy. Doing jumping jax for joy and shit.
Then i figure out its some reading "program" that i dont think anyone gives a shit about.

Dammit dana white. How Dare you.

Dec 12, 2006
Im not a real serious UFC fan I just like to watch fights but I originally thought Nick Diaz would walk all over him but my homie pointed out that Nick Diaz doesnt really have any big wins in all of his fights, anyone argue with that? And after the fight is over will they put the belt or sometype of belt on the winner or how does that work?

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
well he's the only guy to KO Lawler, only guy to KO Semtex, he outboxed KJ and BJ who are supposed to be the 2 best boxers in MMA, and he gogo'd Gomi when he was the #1 lightweight in the world.

Feb 14, 2006
Im not a real serious UFC fan I just like to watch fights but I originally thought Nick Diaz would walk all over him but my homie pointed out that Nick Diaz doesnt really have any big wins in all of his fights, anyone argue with that? And after the fight is over will they put the belt or sometype of belt on the winner or how does that work?
I can somewhat agree with that. I dont think Nick has been tested very much outside of UFC, and he was originally cut from UFC for losing 3 straight fights against Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez and Sean Sherk. He lost to KJ Noons and beat him the 2nd time around. He beat Paul Daley and Daley doesnt necessarily have fists made of feathers. Hard not to improve with the kind of Work ethic Nick has.

His fights are fun to watch. Styles make fights though and a win is never a sure thing. Especially in MMA. Hard to be technical if you cant stop a double leg lol.

Whoever wins this Saturday wins the Interim Welterweight Belt is scheduled to fight GSP for the Championship when he recovers from his injury. The problem is that isnt until November and Dana said they havent figured out how thats going to work out. The winner on Saturday may or may not fight one more time before then.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
the impressive thing about diaz is he's never been submitted has one of the best cardio and boxing in the game and has never been knocced out(yes he got stopped by jaccson years ago) avenged those losses by beating him twice afterwards. he's def. in his prime.