UFC 142

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2007

January 14, 2012 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Main card
Featherweight Championship: José Aldo (c) vs. Chad Mendes
Middleweight bout: Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Massenzio
Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Carlo Prater
Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim

Preliminary card (FX)
Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Sam Stout
Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
Featherweight bout: Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle
Light Heavyweight bout: Fabio Maldonado vs. Caio Magalhaes
Featherweight bout: Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio Carvalho

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
should be free imo...even tho vitor is one of my favorite mma fighters of all time and aldo is exciting as hell i prolly wont be buying this.

barboza and etim should be good tho

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
besides the co and main event, i didnt know jiu jitsu was 'violent'...

unless arms and ankles are being broken this is not the most violent card ever.lol...

May 17, 2004
anthony johnson was on inside mma on Monday saying he was at about 215-220 lbs at the moment. thats a lot of weight to cut with the fight in 5 weeks.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^not for him. he always does that shit and that's why he seems so HUGE in his fights. when i met him i couldn't believe how big he was.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
besides the co and main event, i didnt know jiu jitsu was 'violent'...

unless arms and ankles are being broken this is not the most violent card ever.lol...
lol I think all sorts of crazy shit's gonna happen...

Erick Silva and Siyar are nuts, they're like the brazilian and afghani versions of Condit. Would be surprised if that isn't fight of the night.
Palhares is gonna break something on Massenzio.
Tavares and Stout throw bombs.
Maldanado almost broke all of Kingsbu's ribs.
Oliveira is JDS' main sparring partner, he's 6'7" and his nickname's Squidward. Him vs Broughton is gonna be a smashfest.
Never seen Arantes fight but Carvahlo's a beast when he's healthy.

Feb 10, 2006
CARD JUST GOT WORSE

Bahadurzada, Broughton, Nedkov scratched from UFC 142; Thiago also reported out

January's UFC 142 event today took a major hit as Siyar Bahadurzada (20-4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), Rob Broughton (15-7-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Stanislav Nedkov (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) were all officially scratched from the event.

Additionally, Tatame is reporting that Paulo Thiago (14-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) has also been forced to withdraw from the card, though UFC officials have yet to confirm the change.

Replacement opponents have yet to be determined. The UFC blamed injury for all three official withdrawals.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champion Jose Aldo and undefeated contender Chad Mendes, UFC 142 takes place Jan. 14 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena.

Bahadurzada was expected to face Erick Silva (13-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who carries a nine-fight win streak. The Brazilian slugger made his octagon debut at UFC 134, which also took place in Rio de Janiero, where he scored a 40-second stoppage of Luis Ramos. Silva appeared to be in line for thew night's "Knockout of the Night" bonus before his teammate Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira stopped Brendan Schaub later that evening.

Broughton was going to meet Ednaldo Oliveira (13-0-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), whose first name sometimes is spelled "Edinaldo." Oliveira made his pro debut in 2005 and has been a fixture on Brazil's regional circuit. The heavy-handed Brazilian has picked up eight knockouts in 13 career wins. Most recently, the 6-foot-7 fighter scored a first-round knockout of Nalzinho Novaes. He's fought six times in 2011 with a 5-0 record (and one no-contest due to an eye poke).

The undefeated Nedkov was scheduled to fight Fabio Maldonado (18-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC), who made his UFC debut a little more than a year ago and scored a TKO victory over James McSweeney. However, his 11-fight win streak recently came to an end with a unanimous-decision defeat to Kyle Kingsbury in June at The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale.

Thiago was scheduled to meet Mike Pyle (21-8-1 MMA, 4-3 UFC), who returns to action after a disappointing setback to red-hot prospect Rory MacDonald at UFC 133, which snapped a three-fight win streak. Those previous triumphs included Jesse Lennox, John Hathaway and Ricardo Almeida.

The latest UFC 142 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
•Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
•Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
•Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
•Erick Silva vs. TBA
•Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

•Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
•Mike Pyle vs. TBA*•Fabio Maldonado vs. TBA
•Ednaldo Oliveira vs. TBA
•Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho
•Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Newcomer Magalhaes to face Maldonado

UFC newcomer and replacement fighter Caio Magalhaes had been added to next month's UFC 142 event, UFC officials today announced.

Magalhaes (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) replaces previously scratched Stanislov Nedkov (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and now meets light heavyweight Fabio Maldonado (18-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at the show.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champion Jose Aldo and undefeated contender Chad Mendes, UFC 142 takes place Jan. 14 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena.

UFC 142's main card airs on pay-per-view, and the prelims, including Magalhaes vs. Maldonado, air on FX.

Magalhaes, an undefeated Brazilian fighter, is a two-year pro who's competed on Brazil's regional circuit. A Nova Uniao fighter, he most recently fought on Dec. 2 at Shooto Brazil 27, where he earned a split-decision victory over Ismael de Jesus (5-2-1 at the time), who had won four straight fights until that point.

Maldonado, who's boxed professionally, made his UFC debut a little more than a year ago and scored a TKO victory over James McSweeney. However, his 11-fight win streak recently came to an end with a unanimous-decision defeat to Kyle Kingsbury in June at The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale.

The full UFC 142 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
Carlo Prater vs. Erick Silva
Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle
Caio Magalhaes vs. Fabio Maldonado
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho
Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Fabio Maldonado injured in training, UFC 142 fight with Caio Magalhaes scratched

Next week's UFC 142 event will now have just 10 fights.

UFC officials today announced that light heavyweight Fabio Maldonado (18-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from the event.

With less than one week to locate a replacement opponent for Caio Magalhaes (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), UFC officials elected to scrap the fight.

UFC 142's main card airs on pay-per-view, and the prelims air on FX.

Magalhaes, who was actually a replacement for Stanislov Nedkov, is a two-year pro who's competed on Brazil's regional circuit. A Nova Uniao fighter, he most recently fought on Dec. 2 at Shooto Brazil 27, where he earned a split-decision victory over Ismael de Jesus (5-2-1 at the time), who had won four straight fights until that point.

Maldonado, who's boxed professionally, made his UFC debut a little more than a year ago and scored a TKO victory over James McSweeney. However, his 11-fight win streak recently came to an end with a unanimous-decision defeat to Kyle Kingsbury in June at The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale.

The complete UFC 142 lineup now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
•Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
•Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
•Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
•Carlo Prater vs. Erick Silva
•Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

•Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
•Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
•Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa
•Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle
•Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho

Feb 10, 2006
was i mistaking or did this muhfucca(anthony johnson) weigh in at 197!!

what a joke! hes luccy vitor is a professional and still took the fight.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Chad Mendes (144)
Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Anthony Johnson (197)*
Mike Massenzio (184) vs. Rousimar Palhares (186)
Carlo Prater (170) vs. Erick Silva (169)
Edson Barboza (154) vs. Terry Etim (155)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Sam Stout (155) vs. Thiago Tavares (155)
Gabriel Gonzaga (250) vs. Ednaldo Oliveira (229)
Yuri Alcantara (145) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (146)
Ricardo Funch (170) vs. Mike Pyle (171)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Felipe Arantes (145) vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho (144)

* - Missed 186-pound limit; fined 20 percent and must weigh lighter than 205 by tomorrow for bout to take place

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
yee I got the refund too. I'm going to a bachelor party saturday but the email said free replay for 24 hours after you order it so I'll be watching sunday.

YEAH I GOT IT TOO...I DONT THINK I WOULD HAVE PAID FOR THIS CARD ANYWAYS...WATCH IT END UP BEING A GOOD CARD.

Feb 10, 2006
^^no vitor still took the fight, johnson got cut 20 percent of his purse , that percentage goes to belfort now