Trump's immigration ban sends shockwaves

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I couldn't imagine people telling Cambodians who fled the genocide by the khmer rouge that they wouldn't be able to fit in and that we need to create safe zones for them in or around their country while a genocide is occurring, which is essentially what is happening. Almost none of those thousands of Cambodians spoke any English.Refugees adapt and become part of society, just like they always have throughout our history, it makes no difference where they are from ultimately they are happy to escape the brutality and go on to become productive members of society. That doesn't happen over night, it takes time, definitely more than a few months.

That isn't to say we need to take all of them or that the rich middle Eastern countries shouldn't take more of the burden; they absolutely should. But at the same time these are people escaping unimaginable horrors and a little fucking compassion is necessary rather than vilifying them because they are Muslim. It's a sick mentality.
My stepdad is Thai. He came here on his own. However, many of his friends that he met through his Buddhist temple, were Cambodian refugees. Our family friends' housed many of them over a 5 year period to get them in and on their feet with jobs and housing. In fact, the entire Rainier Valley in the 80's was basically SE Asian. Many of my friends were Cambodian and Vietnamese when i was a kid. Beacon Hill was also basically just lil Vietnam from all the post Vietnamese war refugee in the 70's.

I do agree that in some cases, its maybe a bit out of control. But with so many shitty things going on around the world, by tyrants and militia groups, i understand it and it fuckin sucks. I feel for them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
the list was created by Obama's people. where were the angry protests then?
Creating a list of "interest", and actually putting it in place...two very different things. Obama has that least for awhile, and it wasnt put together by him personally.

People also like to throw the whole "Well Obama ceased Cuban Refugees and no one said shit!". They dont even realize what that regulation entailed or why it was put fourth.

We can all keep fighting over the bullshit, but the bottom line here is Trump is doing things, but he is going about them in a very strong hold type of way. I get it, he is trying to assert himself as head of the herd...king lion. Problem is, no one outside the US find his schtick to be very good, outside maybe Putin who may or may not like him for his own gain.

I dont actually have an issue with Trump, but i have an issue with the choice he has made for his cabinet. Anyone with a brain should have an issue with them too. He has too many seedy people that are going to be "advising" him that should have no business doing so.

Apr 25, 2002
Creating a list of "interest", and actually putting it in place...two very different things.
didn't seem to be a list of interest.

links from 2 outlets with a liberal bias:

Obama administration rolls out new visa waiver program rules in wake of terror attacks - The Washington Post

"The restrictions prevent nationals of 38 countries who have either traveled to Iraq, Syria, Iran or Sudan since March 1, 2011, or those who hold citizenship from those countries, from coming to the United States under the program. The visa waiver program offers expedited electronic processing and short-term visa-free travel to tourists and business travelers."

House passes visa waiver overhaul - CNNPolitics.com

"The House overwhelmingly passed legislation on Tuesday (407 to 19) that would overhaul the federal visa waiver program and bar those from Iraq, Syria, Iran and the Sudan, or those who have visited those countries in the last five years, from traveling to the United States without a visa."

May 9, 2002
didn't seem to be a list of interest.

links from 2 outlets with a liberal bias:

Obama administration rolls out new visa waiver program rules in wake of terror attacks - The Washington Post

"The restrictions prevent nationals of 38 countries who have either traveled to Iraq, Syria, Iran or Sudan since March 1, 2011, or those who hold citizenship from those countries, from coming to the United States under the program. The visa waiver program offers expedited electronic processing and short-term visa-free travel to tourists and business travelers."

House passes visa waiver overhaul - CNNPolitics.com

"The House overwhelmingly passed legislation on Tuesday (407 to 19) that would overhaul the federal visa waiver program and bar those from Iraq, Syria, Iran and the Sudan, or those who have visited those countries in the last five years, from traveling to the United States without a visa."
Thats exactly what it was. A list. Of countries. Of interest. I am not saying it was the right list, but Trump went ahead and did it anyways.

Apr 25, 2002
Yes. All of them. And anyone and everyone who has a voice in the US.
naw. then there is no state vs the people. i get what you mean, but that doesnt work with "state vs people".

aint no 30 year old white american with a sign in the street representing me.

that dumb chick who's twitter you posted, Sarah Kendzior, dont represent me. talkin bout how the media is downplaying. she dont care, or notice, that the media aaaalwaaaaaays downplays liberal shit that's "bad". she's ignorant as fuck or talkin like a politician. fuck either one of those as far as representing me. someone with that mindstate dont represent me. neither do the people that listen too her.

lefty protesters and Hollywood always like to say "we're the people". so by default they represent us? go me super fucked up.

Apr 25, 2002
Oh so Obama ordered for the ban over this past weekend? Thanks, i didnt realize he was still president when it happened. Appreciate the info, pimp.

Also:

Right-Wing Media Wrongly Cite Obama To Justify Trump’s Muslim Ban

you're smart but you're talkin out your ass right now.

i dont need to read a link headlined by "Right-Wing Media Wrongly Cite Obama To Justify Trump’s Muslim Ban". it's obvious they have a bias and i'm not a sheep who will suck that up.

i posted links from liberal media outlets. not right wing bullshit. i dont need a middle man "mediamatters.org" to tell me what to believe.

May 9, 2002
naw. then there is no state vs the people. i get what you mean, but that doesnt work with "state vs people".

aint no 30 year old white american with a sign in the street representing me.

that dumb chick who's twitter you posted, Sarah Kendzior, dont represent me. talkin bout how the media is downplaying. she dont care, or notice, that the media aaaalwaaaaaays downplays liberal shit that's "bad". she's ignorant as fuck or talkin like a politician. fuck either one of those as far as representing me. someone with that mindstate dont represent me. neither do the people that listen too her.

lefty protesters and Hollywood always like to say "we're the people". so by default they represent us? go me super fucked up.
It absolutely does. State vs the people is happening right now. Its been simmering for years, but Trump has tipped the cauldron over.

I get it. Everyone has their biased. Everyone has their lean. You do. I do. However, the fact is...the US has never been more divided and unstable. I dont believe this would have happened had, say, Cruz been elected. I do feel he would have tried to do some of the same things, but his cabinet would not be made up of people who are either billionaires, people who have been AGAINST the very position they are now seating, and people with very dubious outlooks and ideologies historically.

Look at what 2-0-Sixx @2-0-Sixx is posting. Yall can downplay him as a "communist" all you want, but what he is stating is 100% accurate in terms of the office rotation and who is taking over. There is no lean there. These are not "alternative facts".

I can tell you this...we are headed down a path of something very dubious. If Trump supporters wanted this, then congrats...you got it. But i honestly dont think they really know what is possibly in store. I feel Trump is making the US an even LARGER target than it already is, especially with those in which they are trying to eradicate. The policies and regulations that may come fourth, the policies that have been put in place to advance us as a RACE (human), may all be unraveled. Your kids will be effected by this, not just you.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
who determines the formal side of the people? a bunch of 20-50 year old white americans with signs in the street? bias media? Hollywood?

lol, those divisions you speak of sound like controlled manipulations by the State.

While people are quite divided on 1 million issues, I believe the general consensus on human rights is quite the same. People claim they want freedom, here, on this land. You can't be free if you are bowing to the State. So, are you for the will of the people or the will of the State? You cannot choose both.

Props: :ab: and :ab:
May 22, 2006
F @fuck y and @206 I have zero fear of refugees, I don't consider Muslims bad people at all. I don't think they have bad intentions. I recognize if I was in their position I would be trying to get away from the shit too. I don't think its a good idea to bring them here to live off tax dollars. Thats just my opinion men

I can tell you for certain that if the USA was a war torn shit hole Id rather flee to Canada and get a job than China to live off the gov, or live in a safe part of the country(maybe Florida), I think I'd have a better chance for success in a culture I was more used to.

May 9, 2002
you're smart but you're talkin out your ass right now.

i dont need to read a link headlined by "Right-Wing Media Wrongly Cite Obama To Justify Trump’s Muslim Ban". it's obvious they have a bias and i'm not a sheep who will suck that up.

i posted links from liberal media outlets. not right wing bullshit. i dont need a middle man "mediamatters.org" to tell me what to believe.
Again, the reform put fourth doesnt BAN people from coming to the country. It was a program to "beef up" the screening on those WITHOUT a visa. It states nothing about barring refugess. None.

Refugees | USCIS

Also, from the same article:

"The No. 2 House Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, said he worked closely with GOP leaders on the visa waiver bill and that the measure said it was "reasonable" and "measured" plan. He contrasted it with the call from Donald Trump, the billionaire businessman who is calling for a ban on all Muslims from entering the U.S."

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Apr 25, 2002
It absolutely does. State vs the people is happening right now. Its been simmering for years, but Trump has tipped the cauldron over.
yeah i get it. it's happening right now in practice. im sayin the theory of it being state vs people doesn't work good in america, at least with modern issues. other countries it's probably undeniable in practice. 20%-40% of a country isnt state vs the people. that's the state vs some people. my ideology is across the board. left to right. none of those people speak for me. their ideology is trapped in a political party and an emotional movement.

I dont believe this would have happened had, say, Cruz been elected. I do feel he would have tried to do some of the same things, but his cabinet would not be made up of people who are either billionaires, people who have been AGAINST the very position they are now seating, and people with very dubious outlooks and ideologies historically.
im not sayin you are or aren't right. one thing that is obvious is the media and Hollywood have a tremendous bias and that feeds the youth into shitting on every modern republican. it must be the cool thing if all the kids do it. perfect example is these countries that Obama administration named and put action against. Trump uses the same countries and puts additional action against and now we got protesters and Trumps racist. imagine if Trump took action against those countries, but only doing what Obama did. now imagine if Obama never did anything as far as those specific countries. you dont think there would be the same protesters and the same Trump is a racist shit? the media and Hollywood didn't put that Obama shit on blast. for what ever reason. it doesn't fit their narrative. and this shapes America. im for the people, as fuck. but not the sheep that are walking toward the dumb shit.

Apr 25, 2002
lol, those divisions you speak of sound like controlled manipulations by the State.

While people are quite divided on 1 million issues, I believe the general consensus on human rights is quite the same. People claim they want freedom, here, on this land. You can't be free if you are bowing to the State. So, are you for the will of the people or the will of the State? You cannot choose both.

i believe the general consensus on human rights is the same too. but it's really not about that. if you just listen to the media and watch Daily Show or The View you would be lead to believe it's solely a human rights issue and nothing else. it's not against the world. it's not against an ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex. it's against a few countries, and not forever. human rights, as a term, is a heart tugger and a weapon of shame. there is no black or white with the state or the people. is it black or white with Democrat/Republican ideology? so i have to choose? i dont fall for slick talk and im too gray to be black or white. and what are you talkin about bowing to the state? these protesters are bowing to California politics. you say you cant be for the will of the people and will of the state. that sounds nice and utopian but that's not reality.

Apr 25, 2002
Again, the reform put fourth doesnt BAN people from coming to the country. It was a program to "beef up" the screening on those WITHOUT a visa. It states nothing about barring refugess. None.

Refugees | USCIS

Also, from the same article:

"The No. 2 House Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, said he worked closely with GOP leaders on the visa waiver bill and that the measure said it was "reasonable" and "measured" plan. He contrasted it with the call from Donald Trump, the billionaire businessman who is calling for a ban on all Muslims from entering the U.S."

i never said Obama banned refugees. you're focused on the emotional differences but not the similarities. those dont fit the narrative right now.

and why'd you quote Steny Hoyer. look at the post:

#2 Democrat sayin Trump is banning all Muslims from entering the U.S.? how true is that?

did Hoyer say that? or was it a paraphrase from a left leaning publication? are these alternative facts?