THE STATE OF THE RAP GAME!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
eh the game stay tha same but it's all about how u play it.

Get fans!

Followers and if you can do that and manage to stay consistent and pro at your shit and steady push and move around with it you can gather masses.

and thas just one way of attacking the game on some strategical substantial type shit.

Mar 7, 2009
www.myspace.com
WHAT IT IS, ALL THESE ARTIST ARENT FLOODIN' THEMSELVE AND THEYRE PRODUcT LET ALONE STAYIN' IN TUNED WITH THE MUSIc BUSINESS ITSELF. MOST OF THE ARTISTS THAT PUT THEYRE OWN MONEY INTO THEYRE PROJEcT ARE NERVOUS TO FLOP SO THEY SIT ON IT OR IT GETS TOO OLD TO THE ARTIST SO THEY NEVER PUT IT OUT. HOW DOES ANYONE WHO'S SUPPOSE TO BE TRYIN' TO "BLOW UP" GOIN' TO DO THAT IF THEYRE NOT BEING HEARD, WITH OR WITHOUT THE RADIO? ALOT OF THESE cATS THAT HAVE MADE IT FLOODED THEMSELVES IN THEIR REGION TO GET WHERE THEYRE AT TODAY TO MAKE THE MONEY THEY HAVE, DO THE SHOWS THEY DO, AND GET THE REcOGNITION THEY HAVE TODAY. STOP WAITIN' FOR WHATEVER YOUR WAITIN' FOR AND DO LIKE THE GOODIE MOB AND GET UP, GET OUT AND GET SOMETHIN', STOP LETTIN' THE cATS THATS IN THE GAME GET YOU DIScOURAGED AND MAKE YOUR OWN PATH. EVEN IF YOU DONT MAKE IT, YOU TRIED. IF YOU DO MAKE IT, THEN PUT YOUR cITY ON EVEN IF ITS 1 BY 1. THE REST OF THESE cATS ARE DOIN' IT IN THEIR cITY, AND TO ME REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS, SAc IS ON DEcK!! SAc JUST HAS TO STOP HATIN' ON EACH OTHER AND GET IT IN!! ALL THESE ARTISTS OUT HERE THAT ARE FROM SAc, REP SAc, ETc. NEED TO SUPPORT EAcH OTHER AND MAKE A WHOLE!! THEN MAYBE WE WONT HAVE TO RELY ON SUNDAY RADIO BULLSHIT TO BE HEARD, WE cOULD GET HEARD ALL WEEK THRU THE DAY!! TO ME THOUGH, FUcK THE RADIO!! ITS A PLUS IN THE BIZ BUT EVENTUALLY 1 OUT OF HOW MANY DJs WILL HEAR YOU AND BUMP YOUR SHIT IF ITS HOT AND YOURE MAKIN' THAT MUcH NOISE!!

OH YEAH, YOU cANT cOMPARE SHIT TO MAcK 10 FOR THE FAcT HE'S BEEN ABSENT FOR TOO LONG FROM THE MUSIc BIZ DUE TO PERSONAL ISSUES AND HES TRYIN' TO MAKE A cOME BAcK!! cOMPARE SOME SHIT TO ARTISTS LIKE JEREMIAH, OR ANYONE THATS NEW WITH cORNY SHIT THATS BLOWIN' UP!!

M.G.E / PIE-Rx

YEAH DOE!!

Dec 29, 2008
i think artists have to do music for the love of the art. if you're doing music expecting to do certain sales numbers its a good chance you'll be disappointed. everyone is downloading shit now. so you gotta do shows and get creative with new ways to make music money other than cd sales.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
No disrespect bruh, but are you serious? The old white folks dont want to hear what's going on in the hood? In the early 90's, if you even mentioned the word 'hood' you got a deal...it's the state of music PERIOD. If an 'old white man' could make a dollar and a nickel off of ANYONE they would be all ears...please don't fool yourself or con the youth into thinking that the reason the industry sucks is because 'whitey' doesn't want to sell millions of a gangsta rap album...hell, if AskariX put out a single called 'SHOOT OLD WHITE MEN' and they knew it would sell, there would be a line of old white men ready to back him financially
So if not that then what is it? Is it the kids that want this shitty music that is being put out right now. My whole thing for saying what I said is someone has to be putting this shit into the mainstream rappers heads and the kids heads.

I mean how did we go from reality rap to bling this I got all the money and bitches that. It has gotten to the point where I can see the record executives in my mind saying "Oh that is too hard don't put that song out." And these dumb motherfuckers that are the mainstream rapper might as well be saying "Yes sir boss."

Freedom of speech is a dying thing. Who is making it die? That is my only question. No beef or trying to start shit intended.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Yeah whats the point of listenin to the radio when u got ur music to bump... The radio is for average joes who care less about music...
The sad thing is the average joes are turning into the cats that used to listen to meaningful music. I mean cats in their 30's and 40's listening to this radio bullshit. And they be acting like the 80's and 90's never happened.

Time and people change I guess. Whatever....

Sep 3, 2002
i think artists have to do music for the love of the art. if you're doing music expecting to do certain sales numbers its a good chance you'll be disappointed. everyone is downloading shit now. so you gotta do shows and get creative with new ways to make music money other than cd sales.
Truth.

Tre-8 I've seen you on here more then a few times contemplating retirement and all that, what's the deal man??

Jan 18, 2006
some of you dont get it, West Coast Artists just arent successful right now and a good album is a good album no reason to hate on Mack 10.

Apr 25, 2002
dont know how much radio play lynch was getting when he was moving a ton of units, id imagine zero to none. c-bo got a little bit of play, but not that much either.

IMO, its plain and simple, the music was better back then. Add to the fact people can listen to music before buying, the aint gonna drop money on a whack product, and why should they? Put out a quality album that is actually tight and dont blame anyone besides yourself if it dont move.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
only a handful of people are in it for the sole purpose of having a quality product (a sad fact). for years woodie was the epitome of this. his music exemplified quality first and foremost, everything afterwards was secondary. as a result of this, one of his songs was featured on some kind of xbox game, and another of his songs was played on the "growing up gotti" show. all of it was accomplished with little to no promotion, but once someone heard his music, they were instantly hooked. dude was unique musically and clever on the business side, and honestly it showed.
on the other hand, there are those who are afraid of taking risks in a garbage ass industry as it is now.

Apr 25, 2002
The Old White folks that are in control of the Music now a days don't want to hear anything about what is really going on in the hood. So if you don't completely sell out and sell your soul to them then you will not succeed.

That being said. I hope that Sacramento keep doing what they are doing especially what you guys have been doing this year. Keep it hood keep it gangsta. Cause honestly Sacramento California is like the only place that has me checking anything in rap music anymore.

I grew up in the 80's and 90's so I want to hear shit like that. And Sacramento Niggaz are the only niggaz putting shit like that out. To me.
what u talkin about? old white people never wanted to hear no rap to begin with...and they dont buy albums...aint shit changed in that aspect of the game...mufuckas just tryna carbon copy...dont realize that u have to make an IMPACT ...that is unstoppable and undeniable...in order to truly succeed...most cats just tryna follow old blueprints or the same layout that a million other failed artists are also usin at the same damn time..that kinda shit makes one hit wonders..never made no established artist or successfull career

Jun 28, 2002
Gabe the reality is 3AM is right you are right in a way also but the truth is that they (whomever they are) don't want music that could wake up the minds of the streets they want the streets to stay asleep so the lured em back to sleep when the music was waking everybody up the industry said fuck this shit so after the deaths of Pac and Biggie they slowly but surely gave us dose after dose of this bullshit until the market became flooded with it and there wasn't a Pac to say something or to stand up against so it began... Now flash forward 13 years later this is what we have and they are working day in and day out to make sure that another Tupac is not born another Ice Cube they don't want that so to avoid what happened before they are not allowing people like a Tupac or a Ice Cube get in majors won't sign em they wouldn't give a fuck if it sold 10 million copies believe that... On another note yeah i have thought of retiring based on the fact that good artist have all these bodies of work but very few avenues to explore to get them out there. At this point I myself am one man team and really don't have the time and energy to put out all the products I got shit my kids got to eat ya dig... So instead I work alot less on music then i do on hustle nowadays even though I have alot of work it gets shelved til I get a staff (crew) etc around me that knows we can all eat if we work hard for the work. I truly do music for my love for the art of music but that love doesn't pay my rent! So sadly enough good artist and i believe I am one of them can't give our fans product because we got to make a way to survive on these streets and that comes first and foremost...
I don't think promotion like homie layed the blueprint for works as I made an example of with Mack 10 I'm sure he did everything homie said what i'm saying i guess is sacramento got talent (the bay 2) and i've said it before we either stand together or fall together make the choice... My 38 cents

Tre-8

Feb 8, 2003
Not sure if yall checked out the new Mack 10 album but that shit is slick ass hell got some good production features and quality choruses and topics now mind you this is Mack 10 been on albums with Ice Cube, tours etc etc. His single has Lil Wayne and Rick Ross on it and has a hella hard as hook. Saw it on BET accouple of times and what not but when i went to check the sells it was less then 10,000 last i checked! What does this have to do with Sacramento Rap? Everything because I'm looking at his numbers and I'm saying to myself he did everything he was suppose to do and is not selling like you would think he should with a good album and big features. It just makes me wonder what kind of chance do Sacramento artist who don't have no where near the budget of Mack 10 what kind of chance do they have to sale. Now I'm just putting this out there looking for opinions and what not. Myself I'm sitting on 3 albums almost 4 and what not because i don't want to put my shit out half ass but when you see this artist who apparently has put his work in and made a quality product not do well its amazing! Give me yall feed back on this subject I'm curious how the fans feel and what they feel we have to do to get out the box! Sacramento stand up...

Tre-8

Thats why its just best to stay independent or put the joints out yourself. it dont look like anything gonna change anytime soon. Alot people says they think downloading ruined it imo it has nothing to do with downloading I think the reason is bc everyone raps/make beats or want to get put on, so they basically say fuck every other artist except themselves.

Oh yeah far as mack 10 he is still winning bc he makes a guranteed 1 million dollars a year if he drop a album or not. it was part of his contract

Feb 8, 2003
So if not that then what is it? Is it the kids that want this shitty music that is being put out right now. My whole thing for saying what I said is someone has to be putting this shit into the mainstream rappers heads and the kids heads.

I mean how did we go from reality rap to bling this I got all the money and bitches that. It has gotten to the point where I can see the record executives in my mind saying "Oh that is too hard don't put that song out." And these dumb motherfuckers that are the mainstream rapper might as well be saying "Yes sir boss."

Freedom of speech is a dying thing. Who is making it die? That is my only question. No beef or trying to start shit intended.

I fully disagree bc in this day and age theres no such thing as a song being too hard. For example I can go in my studio right now and make a song called i hate white people(i would never do no bullshit like that im just saying) and leak that shit on the net or to one my websites and theres nobody that can stop me either. If anything theres more freedom of speech now then there was back in the 90's and before thanks to the internet.

So I dont believe that old white people in teh industry stopping something mumbo jumbo. If anything its the consumers that makes it harder

bc nobody is being brainwashed or forced to buy anything. Just accept the fact that this generation of kids have diifferent standards and taste far as music goes.

Feb 8, 2003
The sad thing is the average joes are turning into the cats that used to listen to meaningful music. I mean cats in their 30's and 40's listening to this radio bullshit. And they be acting like the 80's and 90's never happened.

Time and people change I guess. Whatever....
But you cant keep living in the past though cmon mayne wakeup. When you complain about a new generations music thats when you know you just getting old(bc our parents used to complain when we was coming up).

For these new rappers to be so wack(like some yall saying) they show is getting paid, people buying they albums and burning the clubs up with shows and spins. thats all that matters money talks and bullshit walks.