THE STATE OF THE RAP GAME!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
i buy what i want to hear.

i do not want to hear no 40 year old mack 10 rappin wit lil faggot wayne and hip hop cop rick ross.

i support little northwest artists (bosko,cool nutz,nonstop,syko,bd,rhs)

some shit from dago (slick & wrongkind, ccg,cricet,ecay,irocc,bigjune,bstone etc.)

i love alot of sac town shit. (c-dubb,nutty,macc,cway,smigg,x,luni,hollow)

i havent bought a mainstream album since snoop dogg or bone thugs like 10 years ago.

and i dont buy many bay albums anymore cuz most the shit sound the same to me.

quality product, orginality, and hustle. thats what i look for

Aug 5, 2009
...mainstream and underground rap is different like night and day,most cd buyers nowadays are high schoolers and teens thats why u see niggaz like soulja boy,lil wayne etc goin platinum that fanbase they the niggaz on mtv droppin songs that you can play on any radio station people in schools,every coast is gonna see and hear your songs all ages,races and genders.while on the other hand underground musics fan base is niggaz like us only people from the hood,weed smokers,thugs g'z and playas is gon fuck with your music and thats only so many people compared to every other american who listens to the radio station your underground music will never get heard of unless a nigga like me buys your shit and spreads the word..thats just my opinion im not sayin indepent rap doesnt pay off,but million dollar sales speak for themselves..
this makes sense, co-sign this to the fullest, preach brothaman, that's exactly it, i ain't over there in the states, but i know just on a general level, you need radio to help you pop, you get what i'm saying, get that mtv/bet video stations spins too

but like someone said, the reason why most heads check for underground street rap, hip hop or whatever, is because of the integrity in those scenes, not compromising your princples to go pop, but letting the commercial crowd come over to you, let them into your world, you get what i'm saying, so i can see why most underground artists don't want to do the generic bubble gum, hip pop that is the mainstream game the commercial radio stations play all day, everyday, 24-7, i don't personally listen to commercial mainstream radio(other than select shows on saterlite internet radio shows, other than that, its mixtapes, self made mix cd's and underground/street and mainstream hip hop albums thats pushing that same criteria) because of that, so i know where certain heads are coming from

but if you wanna pop, one or two radio tunes for the radio ain't gonna hurt the overall feel of the album, you get what i'm saying, play the game to win, but you have to get your foot into the door for this to pop off, for real like, you get me, thats the way i see it

Jun 28, 2002
Hey i appreciate all of the feed back there are some excellent points that i see coming from all the different angles. My thing is I got radio cuts not because i'm making for the radio but because thats just how the track came out. But most of my music is geared toward those that come from what i come from and have been through what i done been through like the game said (your songs are for when people are at the club drinking my songs are for after that when they in the car thinking) thats real spit. Lastly for me I'm ah say it like this and I've been inspired by yall to say FUCK IT I got 3 almost 4 albums done and accouple mixtapes I'm ah give everybody here on the siccness my word right now that in 2010 i will release at least 3 of these albums to the public whether I'm signed to a deal or not!!! Thats my word... Either I will release them for free download or they will be on sale through label distribution but whatever happens between now and then that is MY WORD you will have 3 Tre-8 albums in 2010 and those albums will represent me and my love for the art and the streets that breed me that is also my word! Also as a gesture of good faith in this shit til the end of the year I'm fucking with whoever wants to work with your boy!!!

Now if that don't set a tone for something I don't know what to tell you, now lets see who serious about this art...

Tre-8

Sep 17, 2007
just checked in after a year. i made $8.05 with CD ONE.NET digital downloads. almost got enough money for All-You-Can-Eat Wings @ Hooters.

Thats how you live like a Boss in Sac foo.

Jun 19, 2008
The stuff they play on the radio is plain trash. its like rap mixed with pop. the beats sound like techno and the so called rappers aren't rapping there just repeating whack lines. the reason they sell probably is because they sound like Britney spears and shit, believe me underground artists do catch on it just a little slower.. like 75% of the people i know bump some sort of underground. and what kills me is how people say that an artist needs professional beats, seriously? underground beats are by far the best. nothing slaps like g-maccs shit or brotha lynch loaded. industry shit is all based off each other. the only people that are doing good are southern rappers they do good because they all rap and sound the same.i think brotha lynch could get radio play. listen to what rockers sing about. they go far by speaking about some twisted shit. its all politics. and also as far as downloads go, more of the record sales are from the downloaders, then the people who don't download.