**The Official SF Giants 2010 Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Zito says he has worked up an appetite to succeed

Can this be the year that Barry Zito finally puts it all together, starting tonight? He believes so. In a stark confession that his mind has not been in the right place all the time, he explained why he thinks he will be better.

"I've just really made some good adjustments in my game," he said. "I've got an appetite right now for success. For whatever reason, I've had to build that appetite back up. I think they say a lion can't really hunt on a full stomach. I want to prove a lot of things this year."

Zito had to rebuild an appetite for success? When told that fans might cringe when they read that, he said, "For me, it's obvious the business side of the game got a little too involved in my game, and now I'm boiling it back down to simply just baseball. I never stopped working. I know it can be misinterpreted. You see how I go about my business. But it became about a little more than just getting hitters out."
Namely, it was his $126 million contract.

Zito did seem more serious this spring and said he has changed his lifestyle.
"I've pulled back. I'm not out there hanging out a lot. I'm doing stuff that really fulfills me on a deep level, which is all about me and baseball. I do my music in my downtime. I'm not out there being social a whole lot and doing all kinds of extra activities. It's about proving to myself what I have to prove."

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
What's wrong with Cain @ 2nd?

They want a lefty in the mix, since both Lincecum and Cain are right handed, they don't want them to pitch right next to each other. They want;

Lincecum (Right-handed)
Zito (Left-handed)
Cain (Right-handed)
Sanchez (Left-handed)
Wellermeyer (Right-handed)

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
especially if zito improves, he hasnt been THAT bad but he needs to get his shit together sooner in the season. he has been garb in the 1st half then gets it together for the 2nd half.

also hopefully Sanchez will beast out and stay consistent like he did after his NO-NO last year...

and lastly, if wellemeyer can be decent then we are a huge problem for the NL.