-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
ya!!! leave him in he was ONLY at almost 140 pitches at that point. Lets push 150 next time, i mean its a very meaningful game, right?
its not gonna happen anymore, it was just for the complete game. He was pitching exactly the same in the 9th as he was in the 1st.. no worries.. you seem more worried than a giants fan would be.

Sep 25, 2005
its not gonna happen anymore, it was just for the complete game. He was pitching exactly the same in the 9th as he was in the 1st.. no worries.. you seem more worried than a giants fan would be.
last time you said, "its only 1 time, it wont happen again".

who cares if it was for the complete game? what does a complete game mean? NOTHING!!!

i hate to see a kid abused like that regardless of what team he is on, especially a kid like lincecum who is at a disadvantage of being small to begin with.

if Torre was treating Kershaw like that you bet i would be screaming bloody murder! luckily we got Torre and not Bochy!

the other day Torre pulled Kershaw at 90 pitches/6 innings when he could have clearly gone at least one more inning, and we are in a division race....

never abuse a kid, never abuse a kid, never abuse a kid.

being a coach myself i cant see a young pitcher needing 140 pitches to finish a game when he has a huge lead, if fact i cant see a young pitcher being left that deep in a game regardless of how important the game is.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003

who cares if it was for the complete game? what does a complete game mean? NOTHING!!!

i hate to see a kid abused like that regardless of what team he is on, especially a kid like lincecum who is at a disadvantage of being small to begin with.

if Torre was treating Kershaw like that you bet i would be screaming bloody murder! luckily we got Torre and not Bochy!

the other day Torre pulled Kershaw at 90 pitches/6 innings when he could have clearly gone at least one more inning, and we are in a division race....

being a coach myself i cant see a young pitcher needing 140 pitches to finish a game when he has a huge lead, if fact i cant see a young pitcher being left that deep in a game regardless of how important the game is.
Yeah and since you are a coach do you hate the fact that Lincecum doesn't ice down his throwing arm after every game too?

Apr 25, 2002

LOL @ "never abuse a kid"

I dont buy into the whole pitch count BS. Aslong as he is still throwing fire leave him out there...I know he wanted to finish the game off. Who cares if its meaningless.

Sep 25, 2005
if he was hurting, wouldnt he say somthing? he hasnt got his big pay day yet. he trying to win the cy young. leave little timmy to do as he does you worthless dodger fan.

I dont buy into the whole pitch count BS. Aslong as he is still throwing fire leave him out there...I know he wanted to finish the game off. Who cares if its meaningless.
simple minded Giant's fans. never looking past today. never looking to the future!

Sep 25, 2005

so you are saying so long as he is still throwing fire (95+) in the 15th inning after 200 pitches they should still leave him in???

is that your take?

Mar 10, 2007
ya!!! leave him in he was ONLY at almost 140 pitches at that point. Lets push 150 next time, i mean its a very meaningful game, right?
You should read the SI article they got on Lincecum.. talks about his mechanics and how it's more durable.. That's why at those high pitch counts.. he's still throwing heat and not really tired.

ya, that is stupid! you ice down all the time. hot then cold and do it again.
Ice is for injuries, why put ice on something not injured..

Jan 5, 2006
you only ice your arm if it hurts after throwing.. if its not hurting why ice? all it does is slow the flow of blood to your muscles which is not a good thing, icing also slows down natural recovery.