The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2008
it is sad news for many reasons.

Less competition allows the current companies with consoles to be lazy.
Having a decent "steam" console with the hardware that was rumoured 2 have and play any game in the steam libary wouldve been excellent and allowed the people who dont know much about computers 2 finally hook up with there favourite game pads and enjoy.
The main reason I wouldve enjoyed this is because if steam did do a console it would be the most "legal" freedom any console has ever provided in the past.

The plus side of this is being able to test this "Big Picture" they keep going on about. I dont understand exactly what this is yet but apparently it was tested at a convention of some kind and alot of people enjoyed it so should be interesting.

WitaC

Sicc OG
Oct 17, 2006
I think a steam console could be good, overall, for gaming.

Lots of indie developers would be able to get their games into a console with less hassle. Also, depending on the exact hardware, it could be very easy to make this a gaming machine that does HTPC or other PC stuff... I think advertised the right way, and made really easy and really open, a steam machine could change a lot in the gaming and home theater industry.

I could be wrong though....

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
1. People who don't know much about computers don't even know what Steam is.
2. Anytime there has ever been more than 3 main consoles, the fourth one dies. There have only been a couple generations with 3 successful consoles.
3. This was not going to be a console. It would have been a way to play PC games on a television. Something anyone with an HDMI cable can already do.
4. It wouldn't of let you use your favorite controller, the rumors specifically stated there would be an exclusive controller with interchangable pieces.
5. It wouldn't of changed anything with MS, Sony or Nintendo. This would have been something for the PC crowd, not the console market.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
You've got at least 2 years before the 720 comes out. It'll probably be announced at E3 next year, and released in '14.

Rumors are aying it won't have a disc drive and will be fully digital downloads, but I think MS would be stupid to do so, since they want it to be a do it all entertainment box, and it would need to play Blu Rays or DVD at least to do so.

May 7, 2008
^ they will never ship a console without a disc drive because then they would lose full control.

And we all know how Microsoft are control freaks but yea i did read that rumour it should be an interesting reveal the only 100% confirmed thing we know about the next xbox is it will be running a version of Windows 8(Microsofts Multi-Platform OS)

May 7, 2008
I liked ME3 and there was only small minor things that couldve been better..

But apparently the world hated the ending and there running petitions for it to be changed in DLC. A bit much ?

Oct 25, 2006
You should see the GameSpot forums. People are shitting bricks. I personally didn't care for the ending, but I'm not gonna troll a forum for days on end beating a dead horse. Some guy even likened the experience to being married and having your wife killed in the end, since he claimed to have spent 600+ hours on the first 2 games. Seriously, some gamers are fuckin creepy. That basement does things to your mind.

May 7, 2008
I think because of the large outcry and with the now proven lie that is "from ashes" they will do something big to pretty much appologize to all these trolls/haters/sad fans.

I cant see them not doing anything about it now because its just pissed off so many people. I think this might be the first game i know about that could possibly be dramatically altered due to public oppinion ?

What i dont get is why are people so angry ? The ending pretty much says that anything could happen and the story isnt over.. thats enough for me to be okay with it..

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I think because of the large outcry and with the now proven lie that is "from ashes" they will do something big to pretty much appologize to all these trolls/haters/sad fans.

I cant see them not doing anything about it now because its just pissed off so many people. I think this might be the first game i know about that could possibly be dramatically altered due to public oppinion ?

What i dont get is why are people so angry ? The ending pretty much says that anything could happen and the story isnt over.. thats enough for me to be okay with it..
How is it a proven lie?
All I've seen so far is that the actual character was on the disc. Not the mission he comes with and all that.
They did the same thing with Kasumi and Zaeed in ME2.

And considering the fact that the DLC was over 600 MB, as opposed to a Content Unlock Download (usually 128 KB).
People need to chill the fuck out.

May 7, 2008
^ I agree there all getting way to serious..

I got the deluxe edition anyways so I really dont give a fuck about "From Ashes" but the worlds getting heated..

You think theyll fix the endings after all this kirby ??