THE OFFICIAL NFL OFF-SEASON TRANSACTIONS THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
FoxSports.com - 03/04 - 11:09 PM EST (AP Photo)

The Carolina Panthers are releasing quarterback Jake Delhomme, FOXSports.com has learned.

Several calls to head coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney have not yet been returned. However, several GMs told FOXSports.com that they are hearing Delhomme will be released and is likely to hit the market as early as Friday.

The team has already made a commitment to Matt Moore by offering him a one-year tender worth over $3 million.

LOL!!!! after 1 year of signing that HORRIBLE contract(good for him, not hatin on him gettin guap) he's cut. No idea why panthers would sign delhomme to that extention after the horrible playoff game vs the cardinals(wasn't that the NFC champ game????) Panthers mightve gone to the SB if Jake delhomme didn't have 5 turnovers by himself, I think... Good move for the panthers, obviously! Huuuge fan of the Oregon product J stew!!!! Dante Rosario is on the team as well. I wonder where Delhomme will end up, I don't really know what team that would sign him as a starter? Maybe Arizona as a possibilty to compete the starting spot wit leinart. Also the panthers starting QB now is matt moore. He played for Oregon state, which is my rival school cuz I'm a duck. He ended the season with 3 or 4 game win streak n put up some good numbers. I support any Oregon players that go pro regardless of school.

With that bein said, FUCK OREGON STATE!!!! Go ducks biiiitchhh!! Lol.

Mar 16, 2005
Could Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) be leaving the AFC West and heading to the Pacific Northwest?

According to a league source, there’s a strong rumor that Marshall is drawing significant interest to the Seahawks and new coach Pete Carroll.

Per our source, nothing is imminent as far as drawing up an offer sheet.

Marshall is a restricted free agent, but he was only assigned the first-round tender.

The Seahawks own two first-round draft picks, the sixth overall pick and the 14th overall selection. The Broncos would have the opportunity to match any offer or receive a first-round pick as compensation.

Per two league sources, the Baltimore Ravens aren’t expected to pursue Marshall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...seahawks_radar_html-201034&prov=nfp&type=lgns
wow...im guessing this is a yahoo writer trying to make something out of nothing. Because for

1) it has to be the seahwaks actual pick not any first rounder they have so it would be the 6th pick overall...highly doubt they would give that up plus alot of money to sign marshall

2) Schefter (who I would believe over a hidden league source) said this morning that noone is interested in siging marshall at the exspense of a round 1 pick.

Marshall has noone to blame but him self for no teams wanting to risk the big money. The Broncos basically laid it out there for ANY team to sign him and noone wants him. Maybe now Brandon will look in the mirror, grow up and just play ball and earn that big contract next go round

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
wow...im guessing this is a yahoo writer trying to make something out of nothing. Because for

1) it has to be the seahwaks actual pick not any first rounder they have so it would be the 6th pick overall...highly doubt they would give that up plus alot of money to sign marshall

2) Schefter (who I would believe over a hidden league source) said this morning that noone is interested in siging marshall at the exspense of a round 1 pick.

Marshall has noone to blame but him self for no teams wanting to risk the big money. The Broncos basically laid it out there for ANY team to sign him and noone wants him. Maybe now Brandon will look in the mirror, grow up and just play ball and earn that big contract next go round
they just said on espn the seahawks are thinking of signing marshall

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Bears agree to deal with Manumaleuna

CHICAGO -- Former San Diego Chargers tight end Brandon Manumaleuna confirmed he has agreed to terms on a five-year contract with the Bears.

The 30-year-old veteran, who played for Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz in St. Louis, is known primarily for his blocking ability.

"[Reuniting with Martz] was a big reason," Manumaleuna said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I'm familiar with coach [Lovie] Smith. It just seemed like a good fit.

"I just know [Smith] as a good guy, real knowledgeable about the game. So far he's been pretty successful."

Adding another tight end to the mix may force the Bears to trim a member of the current group. However, Desmond Clark will pick up a $475,000 bonus for being on the 80-man roster Friday, so if the Bears were going to release Clark, it stands to reason the move would have occurred before the start of the new league year.

Clark, who will be 33 this season, is scheduled to make a modest $1 million, and could earn an additional $25,000 in workout bonuses if he attends 85 percent of the offseason exercises.

A source familiar with the situation said the two-year extension signed by Clark in 2008 was structured to avoid a big pay out in the final year, thus eliminating the temptation to cut the veteran because of an inflated salary.

Clark made the majority of his money in the first year of his new deal.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Source: Burleson gets $11M guaranteed

Nate Burleson agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal from the Detroit Lions, according to a source.

In going to Detroit, Burleson will reunite with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Under Linehan, Burleson had his best season in 2004 when he caught 68 passes for 1,006 yards.

According to the source, Burleson will receive $11 million in guarantees.

Burleson, 28, was considered one of the top receivers in free agency. He had been with the Seahawks the past four seasons. His contract voided this year, making him an unconditional free agent.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Source: Taylor agrees to deal with Bears

CHICAGO -- Chester Taylor agreed to a four-year, $12.5 million deal with the Chicago Bears on Friday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal includes $7 million guaranteed in the first year, the source said.

Taylor visited Halas Hall on Friday, the first day of free agency, along with defensive end Julius Peppers.

Taylor spent the past four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings, backing up Adrian Peterson.

Taylor has caught 89 passes the past two seasons, which is an important quality in a Mike Martz offense. The Bears hired Martz as the offensive coordinator during the offseason

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Source: Vanden Bosch deal worth $26M

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch agreed to a four-year deal Friday with the Detroit Lions thanks to the personal touch of coach Jim Schwartz.

Schwartz wanted the Tennessee Titans starter to open free agency and landed Detroit's top target by waiting in Nashville outside Vanden Bosch's home when free agency began.

I could be anywhere in the country right now, and I'm on your front step because you're the guy I want," Vanden Bosch said Friday morning on radio of Schwartz's message. "He's a great coach, and last night he was a great salesman."

The Lions also reached a one-year agreement with backup offensive lineman Jon Jansen, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. Jansen accepted the NFL minimum of $860,000, the source said.

Jansen, a former mainstay of the Washington Redskins offensive line, was brought in by the Lions last season to be a backup and to help mentor young offensive linemen.

Vanden Bosch said on WGFX-FM 104.5 The Zone that Schwartz left around 2:30 a.m. with only the final details to be worked out. Schwartz worked with Vanden Bosch when he was Titans defensive coordinator.

The deal is worth $26 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Vanden Bosch, 31, will be due $10 million in the first year of the contract, The Tennessean of Nashville reported.

A nine-year veteran, Vanden Bosch spent the past five seasons with the Titans, getting all of his 43½ career sacks. He was a first alternate for the AFC last season despite only three sacks and played in his third Pro Bowl in January. He still ranked fifth with 86 tackles and 20 quarterback pressures.

Feb 14, 2004
Source: Burleson gets $11M guaranteed

Nate Burleson agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal from the Detroit Lions, according to a source.

In going to Detroit, Burleson will reunite with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Under Linehan, Burleson had his best season in 2004 when he caught 68 passes for 1,006 yards.

According to the source, Burleson will receive $11 million in guarantees.

Burleson, 28, was considered one of the top receivers in free agency. He had been with the Seahawks the past four seasons. His contract voided this year, making him an unconditional free agent.
I think KAH has me on ignore, because I swear I posted that same news in this same thread last night lol

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The Arizona Cardinals have traded receiver Anquan Boldin to the Baltimore Ravens for third and fourth round draft picks, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Boldin, who was entering the final year of his old contract, agreed to a new $28 million, four-year deal with the Ravens, according to league sources. He had 84 receptions for 1,024 yards and four touchdowns in 2009.

The Cardinals have had a busy off season with the retirement of Kurt Warner and the release of Antrel Rolle. Inside linebacker Karlos Dansby may also leave the team after becoming an unrestricted free agent.

The Ravens bolstered their receiving corps with the signing of Donte' Stallworth to a one-year contract in February.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Baltimore is gonna be lookin real good next year. All they really needed was a go to WR n they finally got that in boldin, if he stays healthy that is. Good shit. For only a 3rd n 4th rd picks. Also a reasonable extention.

Mar 27, 2006
MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins released two linebackers Friday and successfully courted a third, Karlos Dansby.

One of big prizes on this year's market, Dansby reached an agreement with Miami on a five-year deal after visiting the Dolphins in the opening hours of NFL free agency, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Dansby's contract is worth $43 million with $22 million guaranteed, according to the source, which makes him one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the game.

Mar 27, 2006
Antrel Rolle is set to become the highest-paid safety in NFL history.

The New York Giants agreed to a five-year, $37 million deal with Rolle, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Rolle is guaranteed $15 million and will receive $22.5 million over the first three years.