The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
im pretty sure i know it was a trade
do you though?

you're trying to say the NBA should block a -free agent- move on the basis that in the past the guy that ran one team (Stern) wouldn't trade a player to another team (Lakers). You're comparing apples to oranges.

but the nba owning the hornets is a poor excuse, we all know the real reason for that veto. except for your dumb ass apparently.
You always say "don't let the media fool you" and here you are letting the media fool you lol

Stern "owned" the team, the GM that agreed to the trade wasn't authorized by the ownership to make the trade. Stern didn't veto anything, there was no authorized deal to begin with. You believed the media hype lol

That Hornets/Lakers thing is more comparable to the Spurs currently refusing to trade Kawhi to the Lakers.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
faggot ass adam silver needs to get on his basketball reasons shit, kobe couldn’t even get 1 superstar in his prime back when stern vetoed the cp3 trade smh
what about dwight? he was in his prime when the lakers got him. def an upgrade from bynum at the time the trade happened (i believe it was multiple teams involved)

the lakers would have had kobe, dwight and cp0. plus they had $$$ for more superstars in the cap (max players) so they would have been fckn ridiculously good if stern didn't step in. it wasn't just the cp0 trade stern stopped, it was the potential based on all that leftover cap room they had

not saying i agree w stern's 'basketball reasons' but i didn't want to see the lakers that good (at the time i had three roommates that were laker fans, it was tough lol)

now players themselves learned the system, played it, and created super teams themselves. players basically doing what stern tried to prevent back then

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
not sure why everyone is mad at cousins coming to the dubs, dude is still on rehab for an achilles tear and isn't expected to play until january, possibly. he may not even be the same player he once was (he's not a little dude either)

Feb 19, 2015
do you though?

you're trying to say the NBA should block a -free agent- move on the basis that in the past the guy that ran one team (Stern) wouldn't trade a player to another team (Lakers). You're comparing apples to oranges.

You always say "don't let the media fool you" and here you are letting the media fool you lol

Stern "owned" the team, the GM that agreed to the trade wasn't authorized by the ownership to make the trade. Stern didn't veto anything, there was no authorized deal to begin with. You believed the media hype lol

That Hornets/Lakers thing is more comparable to the Spurs currently refusing to trade Kawhi to the Lakers.
ummm no, it wasn’t about stern not trading a player .. it’s about the general manager of that team making the trade and stern vetoing it because other owners were complaining that it “wasn’t fair” .. and this happened after stern already said he wouldn’t interfere in basketball operations when the league took over as owners and promised he would let the general managers handle the personnel decisions.

revisionist history is a mufucka tho

Feb 19, 2015
what about dwight? he was in his prime when the lakers got him. def an upgrade from bynum at the time the trade happened (i believe it was multiple teams involved)

the lakers would have had kobe, dwight and cp0. plus they had $$$ for more superstars in the cap (max players) so they would have been fckn ridiculously good if stern didn't step in. it wasn't just the cp0 trade stern stopped, it was the potential based on all that leftover cap room they had

not saying i agree w stern's 'basketball reasons' but i didn't want to see the lakers that good (at the time i had three roommates that were laker fans, it was tough lol)

now players themselves learned the system, played it, and created super teams themselves. players basically doing what stern tried to prevent back then
gettin dwight n losing bynum was fair game. bynum just made an all-star team that year and was considered one of the best bigs in the league. nobody knew that would be his last year playing.

but i agree .. stern blocked the cp3 trade in fear of what could be

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
ummm no, it wasn’t about stern not trading a player .. it’s about the general manager of that team making the trade and stern vetoing it because other owners were complaining that it “wasn’t fair” .. and this happened after stern already said he wouldn’t interfere in basketball operations when the league took over as owners and promised he would let the general managers handle the personnel decisions.

revisionist history is a mufucka tho

The GM never had authorization to make the trade.

Don’t let the media fool you.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
gettin dwight n losing bynum was fair game. bynum just made an all-star team that year and was considered one of the best bigs in the league. nobody knew that would be his last year playing.

but i agree .. stern blocked the cp3 trade in fear of what could be
yeah i think they had enough cap for two more max players (at least one more max contract for sure, can't remember). would've been Team USA vs the league lol

Feb 19, 2015
The GM never had authorization to make the trade.

Don’t let the media fool you.

wrong ..... dell demps made the trade. it was his job to put trades together, ownership is not supposed to get involved

“if they recommend it, then we're going to be approving it.'"

-DAVID STERN SPEAKIN ON THE HORNETS MANAGEMENT TEAM WHEN INITIALLY TAKING OVER AS OWNER.

^thats a real quote .. stop acting brand new, every1 knows what stern did

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
wrong ..... dell demps made the trade. it was his job to put trades together, ownership is not supposed to get involved

“if they recommend it, then we're going to be approving it.'"

-DAVID STERN SPEAKIN ON THE HORNETS MANAGEMENT TEAM WHEN INITIALLY TAKING OVER AS OWNER.

^thats a real quote .. stop acting brand new, every1 knows what stern did
Word, cause a single 11 word quote is how multi-billion dollar companies are ran without any future changes or adjustments whatsoever.

You're naive as fuck.

Feb 19, 2015
Word, cause a single 11 word quote is how multi-billion dollar companies are ran without any future changes or adjustments whatsoever.

You're naive as fuck.

so what is your take on it? gm dell demps never made the trade?? david stern never stepped in to call the trade off????

just like i thought, the powers that be have u fooled...."basketball reasons" lmfao u probably bought that shit too....."basketball reasons" had them take a trade that was even worse smh.

don't be that guy.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
so what is your take on it? gm dell demps never made the trade?? david stern never stepped in to call the trade off????

just like i thought, the powers that be have u fooled...."basketball reasons" lmfao u probably bought that shit too....."basketball reasons" had them take a trade that was even worse smh.

don't be that guy.
I've said multiple times in this thread that Stern stepped in, what the fuck are you even babbling about now? Stern had the right to step in, he was the acting owner of the team, which out ranks the GM of the team. Regardless if it was "bullshit" or not, Stern had every right to block that trade if he didn't authorize the GM to make the trade.

The NBA should have never stepped in and ran the Hornets to begin with, everyone knew a conflict of interest would pop off from the get go, and it did, but Stern had every right to do it.

Bruh so far in this conversation you said the NBA should block Cousins going in -free agency- to the Warriors based on a failed -trade- from 7 years ago. Now you're deflecting from that and trying to argue about that Stern shit from 7 years ago when it wasn't even relevant to this Cousins situation at all.

Then you turn around and say "but Stern said this one thing one time" like now that he said one thing one time means that's how a multi-billion dollar company should be ran and should never pivot or change direction.....because he said this one thing one time.

You're either naive as fuck or just going all in on these arguments just for the sake of argument.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
People are hating on the Warriors so hard right now there's actually rage about us signing Jonas Jerebko after he clears waivers. People are saying it's not fair that we get Jonas Jerebko lol casual fans didn't even know who the fuck he was until yesterday.....now it's "not fair".

Jonas is a dope bench player, but holy fuck apparently the Warriors aren't allowed to fill their roster now either lol

Feb 19, 2015
I've said multiple times in this thread that Stern stepped in, what the fuck are you even babbling about now? Stern had the right to step in, he was the acting owner of the team, which out ranks the GM of the team. Regardless if it was "bullshit" or not, Stern had every right to block that trade if he didn't authorize the GM to make the trade.

The NBA should have never stepped in and ran the Hornets to begin with, everyone knew a conflict of interest would pop off from the get go, and it did, but Stern had every right to do it.

Bruh so far in this conversation you said the NBA should block Cousins going in -free agency- to the Warriors based on a failed -trade- from 7 years ago. Now you're deflecting from that and trying to argue about that Stern shit from 7 years ago when it wasn't even relevant to this Cousins situation at all.

Then you turn around and say "but Stern said this one thing one time" like now that he said one thing one time means that's how a multi-billion dollar company should be ran and should never pivot or change direction.....because he said this one thing one time.

You're either naive as fuck or just going all in on these arguments just for the sake of argument.
are u legit slow? i don’t really think nba should veto the signing lmao .. i was being facetious on a count of stern blocking a trade in the past for a similar reason based on a technicality. whether or not stern was in his legal right is not the point here .. the principle behind it is.