THE OFFICIAL AUTO REPAIR THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 2, 2006
If you drive a 2001-02 CHEVROLET IMPALA, MONTE CARLO; 2001-02 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX; 2001-02 BUICK REGAL; EQUIPPED WITH 3.4L OR 3.8L V6 ENGINE that has less than 120,000 miles on it call Chevy and ask about their service campaign #05551

I just got a new catalytic converter put in last week for free because of this. Tell them your vehicle is lacking power as your excuse for why you think it needs fixed.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
So im debating whether to junk my car or try and get it fixed. but its a 92 caddy eldo. it wont start, i had the starter pulled out and tested. it said it was still good, but i still bought a new starter, and new battery, wont start when the car is getting jumped either, any ideas of what this may be?

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
So im debating whether to junk my car or try and get it fixed. but its a 92 caddy eldo. it wont start, i had the starter pulled out and tested. it said it was still good, but i still bought a new starter, and new battery, wont start when the car is getting jumped either, any ideas of what this may be?
Id say take it in somewhere and have it diagnosed. The car not starting could be lots of different things, ignition switch, neutral safety switch, a fault with some security system, problem with the computer, battery cables, etc etc...What does it do when you turn the key? Nothing? Lights turn on? Does it click? Does it try and start?

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Id say take it in somewhere and have it diagnosed. The car not starting could be lots of different things, ignition switch, neutral safety switch, a fault with some security system, problem with the computer, battery cables, etc etc...What does it do when you turn the key? Nothing? Lights turn on? Does it click? Does it try and start?
when i turn the key everything turns on but the car lol. it makes a sound like a camera shutter, theres not many places here to have it diagnosed, and $ isnt right right now lol

does it crank over at all? or is it just dead
well i had put a brand new battery in, and a new starter.

Aug 24, 2003
so my heater doesnt heat as hot as it used to and the air conditioner doesnt cool as much as it used to

sometimes i swear it feels like heat is coming in from under the dash even when the heater isnt on

whats up with that shit son

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
when i turn the key everything turns on but the car lol. it makes a sound like a camera shutter, theres not many places here to have it diagnosed, and $ isnt right right now lol...
Since you said the starter is cool, and there isnt a problem with the battery or terminals/wires, and the starter is clicking, but isnt turning the engine over then its probably your starter solenoid. You can get one for probably $30-$40...

Feb 28, 2008
My car is coming to it's end I think.

It's a pontiac Grand AM 03.

I was driving and it died in the the middle of an intersection. It did this two times in the city. I got to more rural area and it died like 3 more times before I got home. Every time I stop it seemed to just loose power and quit.

All in all I ended up running like three stop signs. Idk what the fuck is wrong.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA

I was driving and it died in the the middle of an intersection. It did this two times in the city. I got to more rural area and it died like 3 more times before I got home. Every time I stop it seemed to just loose power and quit.

All in all I ended up running like three stop signs. Idk what the fuck is wrong.
Could be lots of things. Did the engine light come on? If the light is on have somewhere scan it, the trouble code will steer you as to whats wrong. Was it just at a stop? Or just at random?

Dec 4, 2006
^Tony cool image hosted by Angelfire ................

lol@you all believing that shit....c'mon son!

I do my own brakes, full tune ups, oil changes and other minor car repairs ...

Dec 12, 2006

dude could be hellaa different stuff or just a fuse and ur car is gonna be fine, after it dies does it start right up? If you star the car up and leave it in idle will it eventually die if you dont give it gas?