The Official 2013 NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2010
As big as a Steelers fan I have been for the last 30+ years, I would have to say Bell isn't better than Lacy. I feel that they both are different style of RB's and they both are great! In other words, I wouldn't have been disappointed if we drafted Lacy instead of Bell. I think they both have big futures in the league if they can stay healthy. Bell would have never been hurt at the beginning of the year if it wasn't for Haley's dumb ass play calling.

Yeah, getting into the playoffs is still a long shot, but possible. I never liked depending on other teams having to win, especially division rivals like the bungholes! Just remember we probably wouldn't have been in this desperate situation if Todd Haley's play calling was half way descent in the first half of the season. Ever since Ben started calling his own plays out of the "No Huddle", our offense has been way better!

Missing Pouncey, Miller and Bell at the beginning didn't help either...

Anyway, I will be watching Sunday morning when we take on the clowns at Heinz. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!
I agree with all you gotta say except I think Bell's patience, field vision and versatility is above Lacy's but I do think Lacy is a more solid downhill runner. I feel like with a healthy o-line he can do work. I hope he can become a dependable HB1 since it seems like after Bettis nobody has been dependable. Still confused how Willie Parker and Mendenhall fell off so bad.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I Still confused how Willie Parker and Mendenhall fell off so bad.
All Willie Parker had was speed. He needed an above average offensive line to be a starting running back. If it wasn't for Russ Grimm (who I miss) developing our o-line to high quality while he was in Pittsburgh, Willie wouldn't have had the success he did, IMO. How many times did we see Alan Faneca pull from the guard position to open up a hole on a counter run by W.P.? Now Mendy was another story... He couldn't protect the goddamn ball, especially when it mattered most. Three points of contact! I mean that is shit we all learned in Pop Warner or middle school ball. If Bell stays healthy, he will have a chance to be our best back since Bettis.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I'm not counting GB or NE out. In fact, if the odds are truly 10 to 1 for NE to go all the way I am going to place my bet on them somewhere; Den at 3 to 1 and Sea at 13 to 5 don't interest me. Of course I want to see the Hawks with the trophy, I have my doubts beyond the NFC Championship though.

Of course its a whole new season now...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
I gotta say though Daniels was pretty impressive for a backup. I kept expecting in the fourth for him to throw a pick and blow the game but he didn't, good composure.

And speaking of good composure Geno Smith showed glimpses of not being a bust again. He picked apart Miami and when he was in red zone and everyone was covered he was actually throwing the ball away instead of picks.

May 6, 2009
And the steelers get shafted

NFL admits officiating error on Ryan Succop kick in Chiefs-Chargers

I'm now more pissed at the NFL than Succop. Steelers against Bengals would have been a favorable matchup.
It's hilarious that people are actually whining about that call. Not saying you are, in particular, but a lot are. Bad calls happen all the time in sports, it's just the way it is and it's a part of the game. Now, if you want to really get technical, the Chargers shouldn't have even needed to win that game to get into the playoffs. THey "should have" won against the Texans earlier in the year if it wasnt for an officiating error causing them to get
shafted". Had that been the right call, the Steelers would have been eliminated from the playoffs even if the Chargers lost on sunday. So that bad call pretty much negates the one on sunday. Ha.

NFL Executive Admits Penalty on Cam Thomas against Texans Was Bad Call - Bolts From The Blue

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
It's hilarious that people are actually whining about that call. Not saying you are, in particular, but a lot are. Bad calls happen all the time in sports, it's just the way it is and it's a part of the game. Now, if you want to really get technical, the Chargers shouldn't have even needed to win that game to get into the playoffs. THey "should have" won against the Texans earlier in the year if it wasnt for an officiating error causing them to get
shafted". Had that been the right call, the Steelers would have been eliminated from the playoffs even if the Chargers lost on sunday. So that bad call pretty much negates the one on sunday. Ha.

NFL Executive Admits Penalty on Cam Thomas against Texans Was Bad Call - Bolts From The Blue
I have to agree 100% My Steelers should have never put themselves in the position of needing 3 others teams to lose in order to make it in. They should have won more games during the regular season if they really wanted to be playing next weekend.

I never liked to depend on small details or blame a few questionable calls on the outcome of a game. Questionable or bad calls have always been a part of the game and always came with the territory in football. What I have always noticed is that it always seems to even out in the end.

To move on, I really liked how my Steelers ended the year on a positive note. I really admired how hard they finally played during the second half of the season and tried to turn it around. I am already looking forward to both the draft and next season. GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Attachments

Nov 18, 2010

Yeah trust me I know, but realistically if Succop hit that I'm sure you'd be saying what bullshit we missed the playoffs because of the Texans call.

Past 2 weeks everything went right for the Steelers to make it in except that, so of course I'm gonna be bitter. But ya I can even technically blame our kicker Suisham for shanking 2 kicks against Oakland and blowing that game. Or better yet blame it on the defence for letting the shitbag Raiders put up 20+ points on us. I can pick apart all the losses but more likely I'm just going with the most recent factor and that goes for most people.

May 6, 2009
Yeah trust me I know, but realistically if Succop hit that I'm sure you'd be saying what bullshit we missed the playoffs because of the Texans call.

Past 2 weeks everything went right for the Steelers to make it in except that, so of course I'm gonna be bitter. But ya I can even technically blame our kicker Suisham for shanking 2 kicks against Oakland and blowing that game. Or better yet blame it on the defence for letting the shitbag Raiders put up 20+ points on us. I can pick apart all the losses but more likely I'm just going with the most recent factor and that goes for most people.
LOL, negative, I can assure you that would not have been the case. I never complained about it ever. It is what it is. I blamed that loss on a TERRIBLE second half performance from the Chargers just like you should blame the Steelers for starting the season 0-4. Bad calls happen all the time, it's just a part of sports.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
LOL, negative, I can assure you that would not have been the case. I never complained about it ever. It is what it is. I blamed that loss on a TERRIBLE second half performance from the Chargers just like you should blame the Steelers for starting the season 0-4. Bad calls happen all the time, it's just a part of sports.
Well either way I'm hoping they implement the ability for coaches to challenge refs next year so shitty calls will no longer be a part of the sport, especially pivotal ones.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
um the Steelers got a Super Bowl win based off rigged officiating. so big fuckin whoop that they didnt make the playoffs. the Steelers are the most cheatin-ass team of all time. fuck em

Nov 18, 2010
um the Steelers got a Super Bowl win based off rigged officiating. so big fuckin whoop that they didnt make the playoffs. the Steelers are the most cheatin-ass team of all time. fuck em
Fuck the seahawks

Good find.

And I just heard that in philly they have undercover cops in the stands dressed as Saints fan. Is this a normal practice to deter people from harassing opposition fans?