The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Damn i didnt think they were gonna take this game. but to be honest they flowed better without Kobe tonight
It's the Spurs.

The Spurs are a very good team, but they are also the top team the Lakers match best against due to the style of play. The Lakers are at their worst against fast and athletic teams, because they're old and slow and except for Howard, their own level of athleticism is very low. This is why the Clippers have destroyed them every time they played. Their best hope prior to Kobe's injury was for the Spurs to take the 1st seed and play them in the first round - then they would have had a chance to get to the WCF because in the second round it would have been Denver/Memphis and they could beat those teams, Memphis in particular. Now they will have to play the Thunder assuming they get in the playoffs to begin with, and they will be most likely swept because they don't match up well against them at all.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
duh, i knew that...i just couldn't see from that small ass pic. didn't know he dislocated his shoulder though...
it was actually his elbow. It was pretty awful looking but probably something you can bounce back from. I'd think it would be really sore though and difficult to do anything. he's one of the toughest players in the league tho

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
SO do the lakers close it out and get the 8 seed or fall flat?? You all have a 50% chance of being right or wrong.... Crazy to think that the Lake show struggled so hard this year with so much talent on paper to begin the season.... I think they get in....

Jan 12, 2006
SO do the lakers close it out and get the 8 seed or fall flat?? You all have a 50% chance of being right or wrong.... Crazy to think that the Lake show struggled so hard this year with so much talent on paper to begin the season.... I think they get in....
I more focused on whether the Jazz can beat the Grizzlies, they play before the lakeshow tomorrow. So the lakers will know the circumstances heading into the game.

As for the struggling it's not really crazy at all

A quick rundown:

* Steve Blake punctured his foot after stepping on a spike strip in a parking garage in September. He missed the preseason.

* Dwight Howard had back surgery last spring, and probably shouldn't have played until January or later. He played beginning late in the preseason, and wasn't himself until ... frankly, he's still not himself, though he's been better since late February.

* Pau Gasol dealt with plantar fasciitis for several weeks, missing games sporadically. Finally, as he tried to play on it, he tore it and missed six weeks.

* Steve Nash suffered a bone chip in the first week of the season. The injury was initially listed as day-to-day. He didn't play until just before Christmas. He's also sporadically missed games since then with bumps and bruises.

* Jordan Hill was lost for the season in January.

* Metta World Peace was initially thought to be out for the season due to a back surgery suffered in late March. He instead returned to action within two weeks.

* Kobe Bryant had badly sprained his ankle in mid-March. He played 12 minutes in the next game, but then had to sit for a couple to heal up.

And now, Kobe is done for the year. All teams deal with injuries, but the Lakers' spell of misfortune has seemed to be timed intentionally to cause maximum heartburn. Whatever the case, it cannot possibly get worse than this.
This team had no off-season to build chemistry and traded one horrible coach for another during the season. All starting five have only played like 5 games together this season. It's actually incredible they're still hanging around.

Last 39 games lakers = 27-12, only Denver has a better record in that span in the West. Remember at one point this team was almost 10 games under .500 half way through the season.