the JACKA - XXL Review - "The Street Album"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do you agree with XXLMag.com review?

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Kind of, but not really

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2006
"Fuck Everybody" was a good grimy ass track...everynow and then everyone had that same feelin of say the same shit to people...he gave somewhat of props to the jack like saying he got potential and that he's a diamond in the rough which isn't nec. a diss but a compliment

Jan 23, 2006
But ultimately what kept this mixtape from being what Jacka was trying to make it be was himself. You could tell by the sounds of the beats and samples used like on joints on “Fed Up,” and “Not Me” that he wanted to make music and not just rip the mic, but his inability to completely throw his inhibitions to the wind like a virgin on Prom Night and go all in as far as being as creative as he seemed he wanted to be is what made this project suffer.
i didnt think the street album was weak, but i agree on this part

Oct 28, 2003
The review has it's up and downs and being prepared to a up and coming 50cent by some eastcoast cats is never a bad thing. 50cent 5 years ago was in the same position the jack was in.
your kidding right? 50 cent was doing songs with Nas, Beyonce and track masters before he was fuckin with DRE and Eminem.

Dec 19, 2005
dude damn near sabotaged the cd by pickin ''for the streets'' as his hottest joint. that was the worst song on the cd.

edit: im not tryin to say that one dude ruined the whole cd. just for the people who find out about it through him and look up his ''hottest joint''

May 1, 2007
www.myspace.com
Thank you for the responses regarding the XXLMag.com review.

Aside from the sarcasm, we appreciate the review. Although he rated it as average, he had some positive things to say about Jacka.

Reviews are meant to critique, and extract the good & bad.

That's what we want.

Either way, the review will generate attention to our cause.

We'll take what we need to from it, and keep it pushing.

Stay tuned for the Jacka in 2009!

May 9, 2002
The problem i had with the review is that the guy who didnt even LISTEN to the album. How the FUCK can you form an opinion, let alone REVIEW something, without actually using it to its full potential? Thats like reviewing a new burger from McDonalds without eating it or reviewing a car you have never driven.

This guy is an idiot for THAT, not becuase he gave the album a so-so review.

On top of that, how does Jacka sound like a "young" 50 Cent? Jacka mumbles at times, which would make him sound like the "new" 50 Cent, not the "old" one. "Old" 50 Cent sounded much more exuberant and un-lazy before he got shot in the mouth.

Feb 4, 2005
I was disappointed by this album, it had some dope tracks like 'Fed-Up' & 'No Future' but on the whole this was an average release. I can't believe someone gave that project the green light, the cover art didnt go with the content and some of the tracks on the cd have got much better leaked versions on the net. Jacka is a great artist but i have the feeling the mob figaz are surrounded by yes men instead of people that will tell them that some of the tracks they make are just plain shit so don't put them out there.

p.s that review was nonsense, dude didnt even listen to the album for more then 15mins.

May 9, 2002
I was disappointed by this album, it had some dope tracks like 'Fed-Up' & 'No Future' but on the whole this was an average release. I can't believe someone gave that project the green light, the cover art didnt go with the content and some of the tracks on the cd have got much better leaked versions on the net. Jacka is a great artist but i have the feeling the mob figaz are surrounded by yes men instead of people that will tell them that some of the tracks they make are just plain shit so don't put them out there.

p.s that review was nonsense, dude didnt even listen to the album for more then 15mins.
You do realize that this album was just a "mixtape", right? Its bascially reject songs from Tear Gas...and it was STILL better than 90% of the Bay releases last year.

I dont see what problem fans have with this album. The production, especially for a "mixtape", is quite good...even excellent on some songs...and Jacka is spittin like always.

So again, what is it that people did not like about this album to warrant bitching sessions?