The Bay or Sac - Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

The bay or Sac

• Bay

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Sac

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 19, 2015
Let's list the rappers then... Sac doesn't have a Too Short, Spice 1, 2Pac, 51.50, Cougnut, E 40, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, MC Hammer, Dru Down, RBL posse, Celly Cell, A Wax, Woodie, Concious daughters, The Coup, Delinquents, Dangerous Dame, Master P, CIN, 4Tay, Taydatay, Darkroom, G Eazy, FAB, Mr. Kee, Seagrams, Yukmoth/Luniz, Berner, Turftalk, Baby Bash, N2Deep.... just to name a few. What's Sac got?

the bay doesn't have a 2pac either

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I think Sac vs any 1 Bay city probably leans toward Sac. But its crazy that a city of 500,000 can be compared to a metro area of what, probably 6-7 million people?

There really is a pretty good discrepancy based on sheer volume of material. Im sac to the fullest, but it really is an uphill battle vs that whole metro area. To negate sheer volume;

What are the 10 best bay albums vs the 10 best sac albums?

Jul 4, 2011
Between Sac and Oakland idk if Sac got an argument over the Town tbr

3X Krazy
Rappin Ron
Dru Down
Too $hort
J. Stalin
Yuk
Seagram
Clyde Carson
Hammer
Ezale
Mistah FAB
HD of Bearfaced
415 (Richie Rich)
Saafir
Whoridas
Hiero
Zion I
GQ
Askari X
The Coup
Ant Banks
Kamaiyah
Bavgate

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
I think Sac vs any 1 Bay city probably leans toward Sac. But its crazy that a city of 500,000 can be compared to a metro area of what, probably 6-7 million people?

There really is a pretty good discrepancy based on sheer volume of material. Im sac to the fullest, but it really is an uphill battle vs that whole metro area. To negate sheer volume;

What are the 10 best bay albums vs the 10 best sac albums?
and LA shits on both combined

Props: Mr G and Mr G
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Couldnt disagree more. LA is very top heavy, and probably the most overated rap city in the country. Take away chronic and doggystyle and I'd never need another album from LA.
But Im objective. I feel that way because a ton of stuff that is well regarded, just doesnt do it for me. Dj Quik epitomizes LA for me. Well regarded, and i know its generally quality music, I just could never personally dig it.
I should probably add Straight Outta Compton to my list of albums. But seriously, ill take those 3 albums and the rest of the entire LA catalog could vanish.
But I say its top heavy because I think those 3 albums are easily among the top 15-20 albums ever made

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Couldnt disagree more. LA is very top heavy, and probably the most overated rap city in the country. Take away chronic and doggystyle and I'd never need another album from LA.
But Im objective. I feel that way because a ton of stuff that is well regarded, just doesnt do it for me. Dj Quik epitomizes LA for me. Well regarded, and i know its generally quality music, I just could never personally dig it.
I should probably add Straight Outta Compton to my list of albums. But seriously, ill take those 3 albums and the rest of the entire LA catalog could vanish.
But I say its top heavy because I think those 3 albums are easily among the top 15-20 albums ever made
Eazy E real muthafuckin g'z album was a straight classic, much better than Doggy style album

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
E40, Mac Dre, Too Short, Spice 1, Nickatina

(I could be way off, but those are probably the top 5 I think of for the Bay, you bay ppl probably have a more accurate top 5)

C-bo, Lynch, X-Raided, Gangsta Dre, Hollow Tip

(I wanted to put Mozzy in there, but want him to have a lil more longevity. Ive already been up on him for about 7 years, but most people havent been)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
lol u trippin, dogg food and regulate are both top 10 hip-hop albums

Feb 14, 2004
E40, Mac Dre, Too Short, Spice 1, Nickatina

(I could be way off, but those are probably the top 5 I think of for the Bay, you bay ppl probably have a more accurate top 5)

C-bo, Lynch, X-Raided, Gangsta Dre, Hollow Tip

(I wanted to put Mozzy in there, but want him to have a lil more longevity. Ive already been up on him for about 7 years, but most people havent been)
I would take c-bo's solo catalog over 40' even tho it's not as big... I would take raided shit over Mac dres even tho his last efforts have been complete garbage... I would take lynch catalog over too short even tho his last albums have been garbage... I would take gangsta dre shit over spice one any day... I would also take hollowtip albums over nikatina and hollows last couple albums have been solid releases... that's my opinion

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
You are preaching to the choir.
I might have to take Nikatina over Hollow tho. I actually agree on the more recent Hollow stuff. His career didnt have the peak that Bo or Lynch did, but hes probably the most consistent of the 90s sac rappers. After the 2000s when blh and Bo albums became crazy hit or miss, Hollow kept putting out consistent projects

Jul 4, 2011
Id easily take Sac over Oakland.

I actually think Vallejo probably had the best bay catalog.
E40, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, Young Lay, B-legit amongst others. Thats insane for such a small pocket of the bay

Sac's backpack scene pales in comparison to Oakland's and a lot more recognizable classic hip hop records came out of Oakland than from Sac.

Most of the Sacramento artists you named on the 1st page never found a larger audience even within Sacramento let alone the rest of NorCal. If we really listing every nigga who ever put out a mixtape/album then the back catalog in Oakland is way deeper than Sac. It's niggas from the Town I didn't even name in my original post that actually had hits and got love all over NorCal (D-Lo, DB Tha General, Philthy Rich, Lil Rue, etc), let alone the hood legends all over the Town from every era.