The Bay or Sac - Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

The bay or Sac

• Bay

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Sac

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Backpack has no relavance to me. I hate that shit. Rap and hiphop are 2 very different things. Thats why i mentiomed none. The cuf deserves mention but i omitted them for that reason. Oakland is deep in that shit because decades of activism created a societal awareness.

Ive never heard of d-lo or lil rue, db is trash. Philthy is dope tho

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
Homicide, Lynch, C-Bo, Xraided, Luni, Hollow Tip, Gangsta Dre, Marvaless, Dre-D, First Degree, Marv Mitch & Lemay, Mr Doctor, Sicx, Ballin Ass dame, Young Ridah, Skanless, T-nutty, Young Meek, Crisis, 4tray block, Skee 64, Gmacc, Foe Loco, Babe Reg, Mic C, Bowleggs, Junie, Fig Naytion, Pig Penn, Begee, Joker, Selfmade, Prafitz, Triple Beam, Hwood, Big Hollis, Young Bop, Lil Cyco, Mozzy, Celly Ru, Emozzy, Snubbz, Lav D, Lizk, Hyst, Tre8, GP, Rollyn 1000, Young Bo, CCH, G-idez, 80west, Doey Rock, Bueno, Cplus, Drek, Mercanaries, Jonah Chollo, Rup Dog, Jdk, Young Jayda, PCO.... sac got some ppl
Door you remember the name.of the.Junie album...I was.trying to look it up the other day.

Jul 4, 2011
Backpack has no relavance to me. I hate that shit. Rap and hiphop are 2 very different things. Thats why i mentiomed none. The cuf deserves mention but i omitted them for that reason. Oakland is deep in that shit because decades of activism created a societal awareness.

Ive never heard of d-lo or lil rue, db is trash. Philthy is dope tho
You never heard "No Hoe" or "Get Her Tho"? Seems unlikely if you follow NorCal rap.

The CUF is lowkey the Sac version of Bored Stiff, they definitely deserve a mention.

Jul 4, 2011
And id take Bo and Lynchs catalog over any 2 dudes from oakland...and ive made tougher decisions at the soda fountain

I don't disagree with that as far as Bo is concerned, he made better mobb music than most of the mobb rappers from Oakland.

I prefer the scene in Oakland more because there's more variety, I will give Sac credit for having a lot of standout artists in the mobb scene though.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Pound for pound Sac > Bay

What I always found intriguing about Sac was its obscurity when it came down to their artists. Just about all of them found little to no success, yet they have pumped out so many dope albums/songs from one city.

I would also add to the list of Sac rappers:
P-Folks
Bread (was always highly underrated in my eyes)
Lil Blu
Greedy
Smurf
M-Sane
Da-Da
Rebel

^
You could make a classic compilation with just these artists

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Sac did alot of shit better than the bay.
The bay dudes love to scream that the bay put mozzy on now that hes big (even tho he was buzzin way before philthy), yet hes IMO better than any current bay artist.
Just like they loved to scream that Cbo was e40s cousin.

The bay has always tried to marginalize Sac. Some of the current bay dudes getting radio play, arent even as dope as someone like Tnutty. Db has been on the radio, but id say you bumped your head if you think hes better than Tnutty.

Also, we were the city whos 2 main artists talked about eating babies and killing DAs and shooting up courtrooms. We were never gonna get radio love.

No clue on the Dlo. I did 6 years while back, maybe it was buzzin when i was gone. Im barely finding out about alot from that era

Jul 4, 2011
Sac did alot of shit better than the bay.
The bay dudes love to scream that the bay put mozzy on now that hes big (even tho he was buzzin way before philthy), yet hes IMO better than any current bay artist.
Just like they loved to scream that Cbo was e40s cousin.

The bay has always tried to marginalize Sac. Some of the current bay dudes getting radio play, arent even as dope as someone like Tnutty. Db has been on the radio, but id say you bumped your head if you think hes better than Tnutty.

Also, we were the city whos 2 main artists talked about eating babies and killing DAs and shooting up courtrooms. We were never gonna get radio love.

No clue on the Dlo. I did 6 years while back, maybe it was buzzin when i was gone. Im barely finding out about alot from that era
Mozzy DID find his main audience in the Bay, he didn't start buzzing like that until he put out that Tonite Show and that track The Truth. I got his material from before that project and nobody I knew was really checking for Dope Fiend Tryna Get His Corsica Back like that. "The Truth" and "Felt It" increased his profile in Sacramento but that Tonite Show really put him on the map in NorCal. He blew up in the rest of the state/West Coast when "Jus Bein Honest" dropped.

Chances are you ain't gon understand the appeal of DB if you wasn't around for the 07-09 run, that's when most of his fanbase solidified.

D-Lo was the nigga from 08 to 2011 off the strength of No Hoe and his Tonite Show, that was the biggest Bay Area street record in the post hyphy era. I find it hard to believe that you never heard of him but it ain't a big deal.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I was locked up from 03-09, when i got out i moved down by fresno and never listened to the radio cuz the station down here will only play pop rap like Drake.

Ironically, i was put up on mozzy by my boy doing an elbow. He been buzzing within the sac car on the yard for a while. Obviously due to the zilla connection. But its like bay dudes try and claim Tim as their own. We dont claim Jacka, and you dont hear us trying to downplay him by saying that Bo put him on. If mozzy flopped after that Tonite Show he'd be 'another sorry sac nigga"

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Yep, Sac sin was from East Side Piru i believe.

Another I forgot; Jmack. His later stuff wasnt as good, but Crime Rate was very well received.

Shaggy Hogg, Polo da Triggaman, G-Side Maniac... hella shit i forgot to list

Apr 25, 2002
Backpack has no relavance to me. I hate that shit. Rap and hiphop are 2 very different things.
it's all hip hop. i think backpack is a better term. its all about the beat. Lil Ric - Fuck A Bitch got an east coast backpacky beat. Hollow Tip - Money Affiliated had a backpacky beat like a mug. and that album is super mobby. the rest of the beats at least.

word to Blac

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Its all under the same umbrella, but Dialated Peoples and Brotha Lynch are far from the same thing.

Its like saying classic rock and death metal is the same thing cuz they both have drums and a guitar. The beatles are vastly different than Megadeath

Props: Mr G and Mr G
Jul 4, 2011
I was locked up from 03-09, when i got out i moved down by fresno and never listened to the radio cuz the station down here will only play pop rap like Drake.

Ironically, i was put up on mozzy by my boy doing an elbow. He been buzzing within the sac car on the yard for a while. Obviously due to the zilla connection. But its like bay dudes try and claim Tim as their own. We dont claim Jacka, and you dont hear us trying to downplay him by saying that Bo put him on. If mozzy flopped after that Tonite Show he'd be 'another sorry sac nigga"
Niggas from the Bay don't claim Mozzy either though. Mozzy will tell you himself that the Bay was (and still is) his core fanbase.

And honestly I don't know too many niggas out here going out of their way to shit on Sac or Sac rappers. Bo always got love and so did Lynch, Hollow Tip, T-Nutty, etc.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Lol, go read the comments on youtube. It doesnt take long to find bay ppl saying sac sucks, or they wouldnt have rap if it wasnt for bay culture, sac people wanna be like bay people etc.

Truth be told, Sac is LA gang culture mixed with bay influence. But people been bangin in Sac since the 80s, since before the bay even had a rap culture. But on the same videos, la dudes will say Sac wants to be like LA. Like Sac cant just be Sac. Them LA dudes acted like we put up a sign asking for LA ppl to come start gangs, they did that on their own! Lol

But despite perception or influence or any other aspects we kind of veered on, Im taking Sac music over the Bay, based on what I think is quality music.
Someone back there said Sac pound for pound. Thats more accurate than broadly stating it. Based on the sheer volume, 1 city aint competing with 9 counties. But Sac do a damn good job making it interesting.

I'll take Sac pound for pound. The gardens is a great example. Its not even a huge hood, its 3 streets basically. But its Cbo, Lynch, xraided, Tnutty, Smigg Dirtee, Luni Coleone, Devious, Tall Cann, Gmacc, Gunplay, Mr Doctor, Young Bop, sav sicc, cyco... and I know im forgetting people.
Loma Verde is a different set, but geographically is in the Gardens. That adds Gangsta Dre and others

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
This is a battle of preference / opinion.
Only way to settle is who has the most plaques and sales from the early 90s to now.

My guess is the bay. But yeah the bay is too big, Sac deserves to face off city by city.
SF, OAK, SJ, Vallejo, then group the rest in MISC..

Growing up in the valley (Visa 559) we rocked with sac way harder cuz it was on some gangsta shit.