The Bay or Sac - Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

The bay or Sac

• Bay

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Sac

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
The Bay would be immensely ahead based on sales.

Season went Gold, and over time actually went platinum. Ya thats crazy as shit that Sots went platinum. Took years tho.

Im not sure that any other Sac albums have gone gold or platinum. Cbo has sold about 4 million TOTAL across his career.

40 and short have 8 gold albums and a 7 that went platinum. Life is too Short went 2x platinum. Id say them 2 have out sold the entire city of Sac.

Hollow Tip is one of our more known artists and a few years back he said that Takin No Shortz was his best selling album, with a little over 100,000 scans. 40 and short probably did that within a month on most their albums

Mar 7, 2017
the bay has heart, sacramento is heartless

both can be great things for art. while i think artists like Mac Mall are very important for rap and culture as a whole, it's the sacramento sound that speaks to me personally

also, Phonk Beta deserves recognition outside of rap. Not only the jazz thing, he was genuinely experimental. Smoke Inhalation was twisting in and out of time, barely tonal, barely a beat, the shit was art

Last edited:

lilsicx

The Prince Of Darkness
Jun 16, 2017
cant mention sac rap without my dad name on the list.. regardless on what he did to get locked up.. no sicx. no lynch.. no lynch no t nutty . or gmacc. ect.ect

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I never listened to sicx maybe heard him on a lynch track but never played his shit!
I think the only cut I actually bumped from him was that track from 'Who Put Sac On The Map' because I bought the CD when it first dropped..... some people say Sicx was more dope than Lynch but 24 Deep & Season of da Siccness was much better than Sicx's first two albums. Lynch in his prime times had more talent than Sicx.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Lynch had unquestionably the better albums (shit's not even close). Sicx on the other hand had some of the dopest songs to come out of Sac.

Be 4 Tha Nitez Up, Not Cho Average, Crawl Thru The Hood, Tremendous, and a bunch of others, including features.

Dead 4 Life as an album was weak though

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Lynch had unquestionably the better albums (shit's not even close). Sicx on the other hand had some of the dopest songs to come out of Sac.

Be 4 Tha Nitez Up, Not Cho Average, Crawl Thru The Hood, Tremendous, and a bunch of others, including features.

Dead 4 Life as an album was weak though
Out of those songs you listed only 'Be 4 The Nitez Up' is a classic. 'Not Cho Average' has good lyrics and dope beat but the hook is wack and messed up the whole track. The other 2 songs are weak.