Tech N9ne with a live band

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
That one missing element that would be the end all, be all to seeing Tech live. Would be great if Tech's base did expand after All 6's and 7's, to the point where on a tour or two after its release, Tech goes back to doing 2 hour set, but with a legit backing band. Not just a band adding guitar riffs for a rock vibe, but a band that actually enhances whichever tracks dude performs. If this happens for even one tour, this would hands down solidify Tech N9ne as the ultimate live performer in Hip-Hop!

Dec 14, 2005
Ive been saying this.. Techs shit unlike most rap goes really well with live instruments.. and not just the rock orientated tracks. Just listening to some guitar covers of stuff like 00N9NA.. shit goes hard. With the right band, it could work really well.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
I estimate that a rapper I'm a fan of having a live backing band at a show makes me 50% more likely to buy a ticket.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
a live band just adds to the energy of the show..a tech show with a live band would be amazing....but even mediocre acts performing with a live band our good

bone thugs for example....weak ass fuck stage show .....but you add a live band and all of the sudden that shit comes to life

Mar 6, 2006
a live band just adds to the energy of the show..a tech show with a live band would be amazing....but even mediocre acts performing with a live band our good

bone thugs for example....weak ass fuck stage show .....but you add a live band and all of the sudden that shit comes to life
not always I have seen Pharcyde, Atmosphere, and cypress hill with live bands... all not as good as with a DJ

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
no it just means i dont need tech n9ne being limp bizkit. I happen to be a hip hop fan
What does that really have to do with anything? Hip Hop artists have done tours with live bands before. Hell, just three years ago there was that Ghostface and Ra-fucking-kim tour with the live band. If Rakim isn't Hip Hop, then I don't think anyone is.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Don't forget, early hip-hop artists did utilize live bands, either onstage and/or in the studio. Tech's live shows are already a throwback with the dance moves, matching outfits, interludes, etc. A backing band would be the final piece of the puzzle far as I'm concerned.

On a somewhat different note, why is it that Tech can't get on some of these big festivals i.e. Bonnaroo, Coachella, Lollapalooza, Pitchfork? I mean hell, ICP's actually playing Bamboozle out in NY in April (along with Lil Wayne and lots others), and that pretty much came from left field.