Tech N9ne talks about how he couldn't go to the Bay after Mac Dre passed.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
One time I was in SF on Market and a group of 4 dudes were trying to sell me a cd. I had just been to Rasputins. They said "what did you buy?" I showed them a Tech9ne CD and a Lynch CD. They sad I listened to a bunch of wack ass shit and I should tune into their shit to hear the real shit cause they were from Frisco and they didn't listen to that trash.

I told those dudes they would never make it past the corner they were on and none of them believed me. Today they aren't even on that corner anymore. Never seen or heard their raps again...
You were probably right.

Every year its different cats at the same spots tryin to off their cds. Rather than displaying their 'skillz' by bussin a verse for you real quick they'd rather downplay someone else who is doin somethin right...smh..

Cats like that just clog the lanes. :angry:

You wanna gain a new fan. Show me somethin I aint seen..

#JusSayin

Props: S.SAVAGE
Aug 17, 2011
Man, I kind of tried to force myself to like his music. I first heard him I think on the Thicker Than Water soundtrack and thought he's one of the dopest rappers ever. Liked his features with Yuk etc.! Bought his albums, and just didn't like em. I told myself I have to like that shit because he is a dope rapper, but after buying like 3-4 albums and always only replaying 2-3 songs, I gave up. The beats and hooks are just too shitty lol.

go fuck wit his earlier shit, "calm before the storm" is a classic....peep "the worst" and "celcius" as well. "anghellic" is when his style started gettin weird, most of yall probably havent even heard pre-anghellic tech.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I think the people that say Tech is too weird for them have listened to like 4 songs by him. Strange Music is the best independent label in the world and has a stacked roster full of talent that puts out a full range of dope music, something for everyone, and one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Maybe the content isn't for you, but you can't deny Tech's talent. There's a good album coming out of strange every few months, maybe less, and it keeps their name in people's mouths and has theirs fans always on the lookout for their features too. Tech is also a real ass dude and is highly respected by other artists (who should be licking his shoes, instead of praising him like they came before him.) Between the crop of "weird" songs there are plenty of "regular" dope songs and anyone who says his best work is behind him stopped listening a while ago.

Feb 11, 2006
Tech Nine got flows,word play and crazy crazy rhyme structure but his content and juggalo shit is not for me.

I remember reading in an old xxl magazine where he was saying he like to take a bubble bath and chill listening to Opra music and shit.

Not a fan of his music but I respect his grind,a few years ago the nigga was one of the biggest earning rappers to make money from touring and putting on shows,cant knock the niggaz hustle.

having red hair and wearing eye liner is wack though.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
music aint meant to be liked by every single person in the world

its okay that people dont like something that you like

the most annoying shit in the world when someone feels the need to question another mans tastes in music or mental ability when he or she dosent like the same thing

as long as you fuck with it thats all that should matter, fuck the whole musical door-to-door jehovahs witness shit

Last edited:

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
having red hair and wearing eye liner SELLS though.

fixed.

....they can keep it real & continue to slang CD-R's @ the mall & to friends, but if this is a business, be about the business.

Marylin Manson, E-40, Black Sabbath, Jay-Z didn't sell millions by keeping the status quo & neither should Tech if he wants to feed his family off this music shit.

Feb 11, 2006
fixed.

....they can keep it real & continue to slang CD-R's @ the mall & to friends, but if this is a business, be about the business.

Marylin Manson, E-40, Black Sabbath, Jay-Z didn't sell millions by keeping the status quo & neither should Tech if he wants to feed his family off this music shit.

I agree,nothing against Tech,he is just doin his thing gettin hella guap.

I used to slap his old shit with Yuk and so on just because his style of rapping was a break from the norm, I can also see why he sells so much music to all types.

The thibg I respect about tech is his worth ethic and drive.

Feb 11, 2006
music aint meant to be liked by every single person in the world

its okay that people dont like something that you
the most annoying shit in the world when someone feels the need to question another mans tastes in music or mental ability when he or she dosent like the same thing

as long as you fuck with it thats all that should matter, fuck the whole musical door-to-door jehovahs witness shit

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
the last Tech nine track I liked(Lynch Murdered this shit imo)
Yup I used kill that shit in my car with my subs, stopped at traffic lights I don't give a fuck who was with me or around me.

I like this one he did with lynch too

Jan 18, 2006
His early stuff was really dope like this:

He lost me completely after Everready the Religion. I liked that shit though. Its crazy how successful he is. To me as talented as he is due to being a big fish in a small pond in KC unlike in the Bay are/were to many rappers putting out music.

Props: NotAllThere