Tech N9ne talks about how he couldn't go to the Bay after Mac Dre passed.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Just came back in here to point out that 98% of people who purchase hip-hop music in America are in fact Caucasian. Look it up.
That is a mythical statistic.

Davey D said:
Yes, Hip Hop is large and everybody enjoys it. And yes, a large part of that audience are white folks. But 80%? No way. Unfortunately white Hip Hop fans were used to validate to skittish advertisers and even venue owners that Hip Hop is safe and non threatening. To me its no different and just as bad as those programmers and industry experts who hawk Black gangsterism and stereotypes and make it appear as if its a vital part of Black culture and a true representation of Hip Hop.

Last edited:
Props: Black Widower

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Ive seen Tech N9ne talk about Mac Dres death hella times in interviews. he always looks nervous,like he knows something about it.
Tech N9ne is like St. Louis' Arch. He's the go-through for a lot of rap artists in the city.

It has never surprised me that he plays this subject close to the chest.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
The point being is saying Tech's music is "white people shit" is pretty unfounded based off the fact that rap music period is white people shit.
I would disagree with this statement...just cuz the majority of rap albums are bought by whites does not make it "white people shit"

It originated from urban culture and specifically black urban culture...and probably 90% of the contant and people who practice it are from urban or ghetto neighborhoods and are black

Cmon breh that would be like saying mexican food is "white people shit" because they eat it more and spend more money on it...

Props: Young Lou

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
The point being is saying Tech's music is "white people shit" is pretty unfounded based off the fact that rap music period is white people shit.
I see your point. In terms of album sales yes, white people and in particular white teenage girls are thr biggest consumers in the music industry. Thats why people like kanye and 50 cent sell the most.

Still though, I don't judge an artist by album sales.

Jan 27, 2005
I used to slap tech hard back in the day he had some dope shit. I used to always hit up his shows when he would be in Santa Cruz. He would always shout out mac dre. But don't know what happend I just stopped looking for his music. The few new shit I hear is still good.