Tech N9ne talks about how he couldn't go to the Bay after Mac Dre passed.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
Why don't you own a TECHN9NE album?
I had some of his older albums but haven't been feeling his music for awhile...I like his features more than anything these days but his music just don't grab me like it use to...he still got major spitz just not my flavor of music...I'm I missing something with any of his new albums cuz they all been sounding the same to me?

K.C.

Sicc OG
Jul 28, 2012
He is perhaps one of the most humble people for being as successful as he is. If you've ever run into him and talk, you would walk away rooting for dude. That's why so many people love him.
This is very true. I ran into him one night in Westport, KC at Club Hurricane, right about the time Absolute Power came out. He was straight chillin with anyone and everyone and wasn't annoyed at all. I chopped it up with him for a good second and he showed nothing but love, even bought me a Caribou Lou. So I have nothing but respect for that man, even if I don't particularly care for most of his music anymore.

Apr 25, 2002
I had some of his older albums but haven't been feeling his music for awhile...I like his features more than anything these days but his music just don't grab me like it use to...he still got major spitz just not my flavor of music...I'm I missing something with any of his new albums cuz they all been sounding the same to me?
I agree somewhat. His albums don't hold my attention the way they used to but then again he's in a whole notha space in life and its hard not to morph the music. I just don't like a lot of the beats STRANGE uses but you said you didn't own any TECHN9NE albums so that's why I was curious but you changed your answer so it's all good!!!

Props: Ghost Dance

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i dont really like tech n9ne either...now what

fuck all that hibbidaribbidatiggidatechnidanina shit

i used to fuck with him a decade ago...but this is no longer 2003

you cant argue with tech n9ne fans tho...shit is like arguing with eminem or immortal technique fans..you just let them be

oro put the nail on the head..dope artist that makes completely unlistenable music

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2006
I use to love tech n9ne's music.... last few albums I wasnt feelin at all. I still slap some old skoo tech n9ne fasho.... and i still check for him tho. Jus hasnt been my taste lately.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009

you cant argue with tech n9ne fans tho...shit is like arguing with eminem or immortal technique fans..you just let them be

oro put the nail on the head..dope artist that makes completely unlistenable music
He is a skillful rapper but his content is played out now, he isn't really saying anything anymore. I am a fan of his too. He is far from wack though.

Apr 25, 2002
i think Techs one of the best rap artists, period, but i aint really feelin his music too much. kinda like Christina Aguilera got pipes but i cant fuck with her music. i do think though that his verse on Yuks shit is genius and one of the rawest verses i ever heard in hip hop.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

Man, I kind of tried to force myself to like his music. I first heard him I think on the Thicker Than Water soundtrack and thought he's one of the dopest rappers ever. Liked his features with Yuk etc.! Bought his albums, and just didn't like em. I told myself I have to like that shit because he is a dope rapper, but after buying like 3-4 albums and always only replaying 2-3 songs, I gave up. The beats and hooks are just too shitty lol.

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
...but after buying like 3-4 albums and always only replaying 2-3 songs, I gave up. The beats and hooks are just too shitty lol.
Gheesh. I can dig it tho. I gave up on a few different artists for this very same reason. Its like they switched something in their 'music formula' and it made the music....:dead:

IMO if you got a good sound goin, don't fcuk with it.

Mar 1, 2006
i think Techs one of the best rap artists, period, but i aint really feelin his music too much. kinda like Christina Aguilera got pipes but i cant fuck with her music. i do think though that his verse on Yuks shit is genius and one of the rawest verses i ever heard in hip hop.

I thought you was about to speak on his verse on the regime go nuts remix by the regime. But yeah been a tech 9 fan since he did a show with messy marv in gilroy back in 2004. Very down to earth.

May 7, 2002
other than killa tay i think tech is one of the reallest rappers to ever speak on situation

there are others that are solid but the same kinda persona like mitchy slick but i wont spend a gang of time name dropping who i think is real ijs

Apr 25, 2002
One time I was in SF on Market and a group of 4 dudes were trying to sell me a cd. I had just been to Rasputins. They said "what did you buy?" I showed them a Tech9ne CD and a Lynch CD. They sad I listened to a bunch of wack ass shit and I should tune into their shit to hear the real shit cause they were from Frisco and they didn't listen to that trash.

I told those dudes they would never make it past the corner they were on and none of them believed me. Today they aren't even on that corner anymore. Never seen or heard their raps again...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm not really a tech fan but rappers of all types should take notes from the dude on how to build a loyal ass fan base. He has built such a loyal following that will buy all of his albums, merchandise and go to his shows no matter what.