Tech N9ne Speaks on State Of Hip Hop, Album And More

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2005
haha^^

yeah... most people that DO know who he is know what hes about...

its usualy the dumb pricks that post on youtube who think hes a band...

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
Lots of cats I know think he's into murder rap and shit.
Far from the truth. I don't even bother explaining. No point. lol

Dec 14, 2005
Fell off lyrically?? Hmmm...

I dont see it..I think hes gotten better with time..

Everready to me is lyrically just as good as Anghellic...yeah theres a tad bit of a lighter feel...but still sick

Tech doesnt sound like any other rapper...

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
I was just listening to Anghellic...from start to finish.
Lyrically, I wouldn't say the content's leaps-and-bounds ahead of the shit he puts out now, but I'd say he was a hell of a lot more creative back then.

Just, the shit he'd do with a beat amazed me.
He still has that to a certain extent...but, like...we don't see it as much..because the production has more of a commercial feel now-a-days.

Dec 14, 2005
Lyrically, I wouldn't say the content's leaps-and-bounds ahead of the shit he puts out now, but I'd say he was a hell of a lot more creative back then.

He still has that to a certain extent...but, like...we don't see it as much..because the production has more of a commercial feel now-a-days.
The shit he does with a beat nowadays is still just as creative...

I think people want Anghellic 2 ...and dont accept much else

hes still destroying beats...

you dont have to be dark to be creative

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not talking about the dark shit.
I'm saying...he'd flip the script on a beat. Do something I wouldn't think could be done.
You don't see him do that same shit, because it's a bit hard to do on commercial beats.

Am I saying he's not as creative?
No..not really. He still shows it occasionally.
I like Tech, but...I'm going to be honest.
No one's nuts are in my mouth.

Dec 14, 2005
I'm not talking about the dark shit.
I'm saying...he'd flip the script on a beat. Do something I wouldn't think could be done.
You don't see him do that same shit, because it's a bit hard to do on commercial beats.

Am I saying he's not as creative?
No..not really. He still shows it occasionally.
I like Tech, but...I'm going to be honest.
No one's nuts are in my mouth.
Could you maybe give an example on how he "used" to "flip the script on a beat"?

Nov 7, 2006

I feel you on that one. Now people don't take that as hostility, its just my 2 cents.
and like I've said before
I understand that there's more positivity in Tech's life but an album shouldn't be all about party and bullshit. But I'm sure Tech has plenty of tracks outside of the typical, rap cliche ones. To me, I honestly don't care what the fuck a rapper raps about as long as it done well. One thing I do want to see more from Tech is lyrics. He's not much of a lyricist but if he's hungry on the mic and he does him right, then its all good, even if he's talking about the same shit every other rapper is rapping about. Yeah its better than most stuff out by why lower standards to beat just mainstream level. Tech's always got flow, and now he's got the money to afford "better" beats so he can get away with more as fans are making excuses for everything. Yeah some gon hate, and some ride dick ridiculously. Oh and the whole "Tech N9ne only writes about stuff that he's done" is bullshit, he can still make up stories without coming off as a fraudulent rapper. If he rapped only about his life then Tech has raped a minor and is actually dead right now. If anybody quotes this, drink a beer first and then reply.
I do think he gets lazy with lyrics on tracks now and he gets away with it cuz he can flow. And no, I don't consider being a lyricist someone who just strings together big words and makes them rhyme while talking about some complicated shit.

p.s. LoFa , where you get that sig?

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
Chick made it for me wayyy back in the day on some other forum.
But, I've seen it before. I don't know if she jacked someone else's work and put her name on it...or if other cats did. Oh weeeell. I'll still rep it. haha