Tech N9ne Speaks on State Of Hip Hop, Album And More

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
^^^^i still dont see it. however i feel he's outta that FTI faze or atleast sounds it. now he's saying the industry the shit for letting these youngens who arent MC's to get out of poverty and get some money when he's an MC and shouldnt want this happening. ooo god maybe u guys are right. i would laugh if tech's new album sound like soulja boy hahahaha. thats why he already got 32 tracks hella quick lol

Nov 7, 2006
First off I would like to give a big thank you for people not catching feelings. Its okay to still have opinions right?
Well the people who posted after me are actually some of the few cool people on these forums so thats no surprize.
did u even read it. how in anyway is he bowing down to the industry. he said he likes soulja boy's music to dance to, i cant see him dacing to immortal technique lol.
Yeah I read it. I was just saying that loosely though.
What he said though was real talk. He played it safe. He would of sounded like every other bitter rapper that couldn't make it if he was hating on people. Nothing wrong with being humble, that's just being professional.

Sometimes though it seems like he keeps backtracking on his words to keep everybody happy. "Its time to get into some sin you been listenin to jibberish hits"

He can be honest though, there's a lot of bullshit out there.

I had a whole lot to say and it was all better constructed in my head, but I got distracted by some booties on MTV jams

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I'm pretty sure the FTI thing was about the industry not accepting what is different, not people getting money who don't deserve it.

Edit:

You're right about the jibberish thing though. I think he just wants to say fuck it on Killer.

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
He has become more commercial friendly. I still have yet to decide if that's a good or bad thing. He still comes hard, but it's mainly about bullshit. Yes, he keeps it real still, but on the "realness meter", it's slowly going from real...to..stupid bullshit.

Yes, I love to fuck. I love to drink. I love to party. But Everready caught me off guard with all that shit. Yes, their still bangin'. But, I also want an equal dose of real shit.

MLK, I loved that shit..'cuz it dropped in the middle of fucking summer, and I was in "Get fucked up every day" mode...and that's what that album is, minus two or three songs. A hood/party album. Which is cool with me.

I honestly have no idea where the fuck I'm going with this. I'm just hoping Killer lives up to the hype.

Dec 14, 2005
He has become more commercial friendly. I still have yet to decide if that's a good or bad thing. He still comes hard, but it's mainly about bullshit. Yes, he keeps it real still, but on the "realness meter", it's slowly going from real...to..stupid bullshit.

Yes, I love to fuck. I love to drink. I love to party. But Everready caught me off guard with all that shit. Yes, their still bangin'. But, I also want an equal dose of real shit.

MLK, I loved that shit..'cuz it dropped in the middle of fucking summer, and I was in "Get fucked up every day" mode...and that's what that album is, minus two or three songs. A hood/party album. Which is cool with me.

I honestly have no idea where the fuck I'm going with this. I'm just hoping Killer lives up to the hype.
Riotmaker, Welcome to the midwest, Come Gangsta, My World, Running out of Time, The Rain, and This is Me aren't real shit?

Weve only heard 1 full track off Killer...but after hearing about whats to come...i know its gunna be the shit...did you hear "I Love You But Fuck You"? <<<--- real shit

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
That's just all hype though. "Hearing about what's to come". That one full track, was alright. But, I didn't think it was anything special.

I'm not saying I didn't like Everready. I loved it, but..It caught me off guard. Tech's always done party tracks, but with a twist. These party tracks were more for commercial appeal, but hey, I understand he's trying to get the Tech shit to the masses. But at the same time, he's also saying he's almost done on the solo tip. What good does commercial success really do?

It's not like it matters all that much to me. As long as he puts out quality work. ;)