T.O. thinks he's as good as Rice???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Randy Moss and T.O. in their primes seemed more dominant than Jerry Rice in his prime? Huh? I don't think Artistic watched football back in the 80's man. Rice couldn't be stopped even when the defense knew he was getting the ball. Just look at his numbers vs teams with Deion Sanders on them.... the greatest cover man in the history had problems covering Rice. Randy Moss and T.O. were both shut down by Revis. As good as Revis is, Rice would of been working him too just like all the other great corners he worked.

Jan 12, 2006
Rice is nothing like Barry... Back when there was no salary cap and the Niners were able to splurge on all types of great players to overload a team. Also, most of Jerry's catches were 2 yard routes and he just happened to be the lucky receiver those years involved in The Niner's scheme.

Barry had to play on a team that didn't spend a whole lot of money on players during the non salary cap years. He basically gained most of the yards on his own with a average Offensive Line and no passing game!
you sound like a hater homie! it wasnt a knock on barry that he didnt have any rings. never did i say that was his fault. barry is probably my fav player ever outside the niners. all i was saying were both were the best by far at their position in my opinion. there shouldnt even be a doubt. and for morons bringing up t.o and moss i seriously think you just started watching football a few years ago.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Rice is nothing like Barry... Back when there was no salary cap and the Niners were able to splurge on all types of great players to overload a team. Also, most of Jerry's catches were 2 yard routes and he just happened to be the lucky receiver those years involved in The Niner's scheme.
You're being sarcastic right? He set plenty of records running 2 yards routes.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
you sound like a hater homie!
Not a Hater, just being realistic with football knowledge! Do research during the Bill Walsh and Edward John DeBartolo Jr. Era... The Niners owner was involved in all kinds of corruption, although was only found guilty of one Felony... Money is what helped explode the NFL in the 1980's, similar to the Baseball's steroid era to get the fans more interested. Fans like to see alot of offense and high passing, especially the dumb WWE watching idiots that don't have a clue about football.

If anyone should get props, it should be Bill Walsh for putting in the West Coast Offense during that time and taking advantages of the new rules that hurt Defenses beginning in the 80's! He was ahead of everybody during his time...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You can't take away credit from Rice though... And defenses used to mug wide receivers at the line of scrimmage, they got away with a lot in the 80's. Rice couldn't be touched or covered by the best corners in the history of the league (Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, and Rod Woodson).

And the only year that you could agrue that the Niners bought a SuperBowl was in 1994. I wouldn't argue that though because offensively they had weapons and their weapons were drafted (Rice, Watters, Taylor, Jones)

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
You can't take away credit from Rice though... And defenses used to mug wide receivers at the line of scrimmage, they got away with a lot in the 80's. Rice couldn't be touched or covered by the best corners in the history of the league (Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, and Rod Woodson).
You keep avoiding the fact that the Niners were overloaded busting through the roof with all kinds of good players! Roger Craig, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Brent Jones, etc. and that's not including the protection for Montana/Young from the Offensive Line.

It's similar with what you are seeing from The Colts this year, but I give Indy more credit, because they are doing it with no cap! I give Peyton Manning that credit, because he must work day and night with new receivers, etc... The Jets couldn't stop them a last week, because The Colts have too many Offensive weapons ready to go on the same page!

Jan 12, 2006

And the only year that you could agrue that the Niners bought a SuperBowl was in 1994. I wouldn't argue that though because offensively they had weapons and their weapons were drafted (Rice, Watters, Taylor, Jones)
and niners werent the only team dropping money! i wanna see your steelers beat those cowboy teams of the 90's they were loaded. oh wait they got their ass kicked by them and handed the boys their 5th super bowl.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
and niners werent the only team dropping money! i wanna see your steelers beat those cowboy teams of the 90's they were loaded. oh wait they got their ass kicked by them and handed the boys their 5th super bowl.
Oh, it looks like someone got subliminally hurt by my overrated Rice comments, GBR! That's ok, because like I said before The Steelers are 2 and 1 against the cowbitches in Super Bowls and have SIX!!! And yes, you are right, the cowbitches teams of the 90's were loaded during the non-salary cap years! Look what happened to the Niners and cowbitches after they made the salary cap going into the 96 season...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You keep avoiding the fact that the Niners were overloaded busting through the roof with all kinds of good players! Roger Craig, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Brent Jones, etc. and that's not including the protection for Montana/Young from the Offensive Line.
!
Montana and Young didn't always have the best protection. The 49er qb's especially Montana used to get hit... just look at the era they played in. The Giants were tough with L.T., the Bears with Singletary and Richard Dent. The Buddy Ryan/Reggie White led Eagles used to blitz and beat Montana up. Yes, the 49ers had weapons but how did Rice break all those records? If anything having Rice on the field opened the offense up for them and they became better.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Montana and Young didn't always have the best protection. The 49er qb's especially Montana used to get hit... just look at the era they played in. The Giants were tough with L.T., the Bears with Singletary and Richard Dent. The Buddy Ryan/Reggie White led Eagles used to blitz and beat Montana up. Yes, the 49ers had weapons but how did Rice break all those records? If anything having Rice on the field opened the offense up for them and they became better.
Thank Bill Walsh for being the West Coast Guru! I am not saying Rice wasn't good, but disputing that he was the best... I'll pull a name out of thin air... Put Miles Austin in his spot on the roster those years and tell me he wouldn't have did the same??? This debate has been fun over the years and still will be for years to come! I would love to get my hands on all the Niners old film to watch it and analyze it...

Jan 12, 2006
Thank Bill Walsh for being the West Coast Guru! I am not saying Rice wasn't good, but disputing that he was the best... I'll pull a name out of thin air... Put Miles Austin in his spot on the roster those years and tell me he wouldn't have did the same??? This debate has been fun over the years and still will be for years to come! I would love to get my hands on all the Niners old film to watch it and analyze it...
wow you really dont know shit about football outside of the steelers do you?

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
wow you really dont know shit about football outside of the steelers do you?
Yes I do and my point is Jerry Rice like most WR's is overrated... What don't you get? If that's all you can say with no supporting knowledge, you just proved that you are the one who lacks knowledge of the game!

Jan 12, 2006
Yes I do and my point is Jerry Rice like most WR's is overrated... What don't you get? If that's all you can say with no supporting knowledge, you just proved that you are the one who lacks knowledge of the game!
c'mon man you honeslty think miles austin would produce the same career numbers and accomplishments as jerry rice if he was in that system? then what the fuck happened to John taylor and dwight clark? they were great but they were nothing when compared to JERRY!

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
c'mon man you honeslty think miles austin would produce the same career numbers and accomplishments as jerry rice if he was in that system? then what the fuck happened to John taylor and dwight clark? they were great but they were nothing when compared to JERRY!
In his four years, I have already seen Santonio Holmes make catches like Jerry did! Where was Taylor and Clark on the depth chart??? Exactly!!! That's why Holmes on The Steelers has higher stats than Ward or Wallace... It's COMMON SENSE, COMMON FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE that should have not been brought up to be debatable LMFAO!!! Again, Jerry was lucky to be in a Offensive Scheme that was before that time in a unsalary capped era! End of story... :)

Jan 12, 2006
In his four years, I have already seen Santonio Holmes make catches like Jerry did! Where was Taylor and Clark on the depth chart??? Exactly!!! That's why Holmes on The Steelers has higher stats than Ward or Wallace... It's COMMON SENSE, COMMON FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE that should have not been brought up to be debatable LMFAO!!! Again, Jerry was lucky to be in a Offensive Scheme that was before that time in a unsalary capped era! End of story... :)
your and ediot! HA! if clark and taylor had rices skills they would be hire in the depth chart. also rice wasnt about acrobatic catches the guy got the job done consistently for damn near two decades! not one lucky catch against the cardinals sorry ass defense! HA!