T.O. thinks he's as good as Rice???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
If Young would have started for a longer period I think he would have been doper than now, he was very accurate and could scramble, but the amoutn of time he played and the games against Dallas and Green Bay won't help my argument lol
young was the man, dont get it twisted. it just took him awhile to settle in. i am a firm believer in the end result and bradshaw and the 70's steelers produced four championships. that is what you play the game for and how you are judged ultimately, imo.

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
T.O. is a good receiver, but comparing himself to Rice????
Dudes took one too many of his anti-depressant pills... I bet you he thinks he could intercept a meteor...............

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
good point. i still think Moss and Owens in their prime are better than Jerry in his prime but it's debateable.
i understand everyone got their opinions, but what makes you believe that? this league is so pass happy now, rules make it easier for a reciever to catch a ball, but why do you believe their better then Rice? Moss broke Rice's single season TD record in 16 games that Rice put up in 12 games!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Rice is the Jordan of football and can't be fucked with. He'd be double covered and still got open! Moss and TO are deep but they can't fuck with JR bro! Deion, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green used to all get burned by Rice.

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Rice retired as the leader in a number of statistics. His 1,549 receptions were 447 receptions ahead of the second place record held by Marvin Harrison. His 22,895 receiving yards were 7,961 yards ahead of the second place spot held by his Raiders teammate Tim Brown. His 197 touchdown receptions are 65 scores more than the 132 touchdown receptions by his former 49ers teammate Terrell Owens, and his 208 total touchdowns (197-p, 10-r, 1-ret) were 33 scores ahead of Emmitt Smith's second place 175.

To illustrate the significance of his 22,895 receiving yards, if Rice had not gained any other yards on rush attempts or kick returns, his 22,895 receiving yards would still rank him second place on the NFL's list all-purpose yard leaders (category based on combination of rushing, receiving, kick/punt return yards, and interception/fumble return yards).

Another example of Rice's dominance is his performance against Deion Sanders, considered by many as the best coverage cornerback of all-time. From 1989 to 1996, Rice and Sanders faced off ten times, with Rice compiling 60 receptions for 1,051 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns against Sanders's teams (this would project to approximately 96 receptions for 1682 yards and 18 touchdowns in 16 games). Rice's teams won six of the ten games. To Sanders credit, Deion had 4 interceptions for 58 yards and 0 touchdowns in those ten games. Rice played against Sanders's teams twelve times, but Sanders did not play in two of those games (once in 1992 and once in 1993).[5][6]

Rice is remembered for his work ethic and dedication to the game. In his 20 NFL seasons, Rice missed only 10 regular season games, 7 of them in the 1997 season, and the other 3 in the strike-shortened season of 1987. His 303 games are by far the most ever played by an NFL wide receiver, and are only 72 games behind the NFL record for games played by any player. In addition to staying on the field, his work ethic showed in his dedication to conditioning and running precise routes, with coach Dennis Green calling him "the best route runner I've ever seen." Also known as one of the best blockers at his position, there was no aspect of playing wide receiver at which Rice did not excel.

In 1999, he was ranked number 2 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, behind only Jim Brown, and Rice — 35 places ahead of the next-highest-ranked player

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Another example of Rice's dominance is his performance against Deion Sanders, considered by many as the best coverage cornerback of all-time. From 1989 to 1996, Rice and Sanders faced off ten times, with Rice compiling 60 receptions for 1,051 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns against Sanders's teams (this would project to approximately 96 receptions for 1682 yards and 18 touchdowns in 16 games).

Damn!

Dec 29, 2008
i understand everyone got their opinions, but what makes you believe that? this league is so pass happy now, rules make it easier for a reciever to catch a ball, but why do you believe their better then Rice? Moss broke Rice's single season TD record in 16 games that Rice put up in 12 games!
im not gonna bring up stats and all that shit. Just watching t.o. and moss in their primes they seemed like more dominant players than rice that's all im saying. i tend to think the next generation of players are almost always better than the previous generation. except when you're talking about barry sanders or someone like that.

Jan 12, 2006
im not gonna bring up stats and all that shit. Just watching t.o. and moss in their primes they seemed like more dominant players than rice that's all im saying. i tend to think the next generation of players are almost always better than the previous generation. except when you're talking about barry sanders or someone like that.
lol what do you think rice is? he is like barry, except rice actually gots 3 rings

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
lol what do you think rice is? he is like barry, except rice actually gots 3 rings
Rice is nothing like Barry... Back when there was no salary cap and the Niners were able to splurge on all types of great players to overload a team. Also, most of Jerry's catches were 2 yard routes and he just happened to be the lucky receiver those years involved in The Niner's scheme.

Barry had to play on a team that didn't spend a whole lot of money on players during the non salary cap years. He basically gained most of the yards on his own with a average Offensive Line and no passing game!